Author Topic: Indoor cat wanted. London.  (Read 7794 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Indoor cat wanted. London.
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 16:28:09 PM »
I know it might not be ideal, as could be unsettling for her if it didn't work out, but what about a trial period? If Boo seemed to adapt well then she has found her forever home, if she doesn't then she can go back to the temporary safe haven that Christine is providing until she finds that perfect forever home  :shy:

Offline sunnysue

• Kitten
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 15:16:48 PM »
Yes the pooing in the garden might be a problem.  Does she never do it iin the litter tray?   This is looking more like she wouldn't adapt to being indoors.  Yes,  lets ponder on it.  Please post her photo though.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 14:42:16 PM »
Hmmm.  This is a hard one.  If only cats could talk.  When she's inside does she ask to go out?  Or is she only bothered when the doors open?  She does sound like a lovely lady for sure.

Yes, it is very hard.  She seems to stay in all day while we're at work, even though she can come and go through the cat flap, but she goes out when I open the door - and she does always poo in the garden, although she occasionally wees in the indoor litter tray.  This may mean that she'd be unhappy having to use an indoor litter tray all the time or it may be a result of having lived rough for a few months.

As you say, if only they could talk.  My ideal for Boo would be someone with a small safe outdoor area, I guess, but let's both have a ponder.  I'll put her pic up tomorrow anyway.  :)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline sunnysue

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 14:30:44 PM »
Hmmm.  This is a hard one.  If only cats could talk.  When she's inside does she ask to go out?  Or is she only bothered when the doors open?  She does sound like a lovely lady for sure.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 14:26:36 PM »
Boo sounds lovely.  And funnily enough Boo is my nephews nick name lol.  I'd love to see a pic of her.  Where abouts is she at the moment?  How often does she venture outside?  I hear your dilemma.  Without knowing her history it's hard to know what's best for her.  I'd hate to give her an indoor home if she'd prefer the occasional stroll around outside.

She is very sweet-natured and her needs are few: just kindness, food and a place to sleep seems to suffice for little Boo, although she enjoys playing with her catnip toys now too.  I'll post a picture tomorrow.  She's in Fulham.  She goes outside a couple of times a day, or if we're all out there and it's not too hot: my dilemma is caused by the fact that she seems to like sleeping under our shrubs if we're in the garden together.  She follows me around, rather  :Luv:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline sunnysue

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 13:53:45 PM »
Boo sounds lovely.  And funnily enough Boo is my nephews nick name lol.  I'd love to see a pic of her.  Where abouts is she at the moment?  How often does she venture outside?  I hear your dilemma.  Without knowing her history it's hard to know what's best for her.  I'd hate to give her an indoor home if she'd prefer the occasional stroll around outside.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 13:18:53 PM »
If she's used to being an outdoor cat it wouldn't be fair to keep her indoors would it. 

This is my dilemma as I have a strong suspicion that Boo may have been an indoor-only cat who was turfed out for some reason.  My working hypothesis is that she belonged to an elderly person who maybe went into a home and whose family weren't interested but of course this is speculation on my part, although based on Boo's habits.

Boo does have access to our garden now so she has had experience of the great outdoors but she spends most of her time inside.  It's a hard one for me to call, to be truthful.

This is Boo's thread, by the way, and I have a reasonable pic which I can upload tomorrow: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,33049.msg590486.html#msg590486
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 13:20:49 PM by Christine (Blip) »

Offline sunnysue

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 12:24:46 PM »
Awww Patchy is lovely.  But it says he will need access to a balcony or some sort of outdoor space.  And I live on the 7th floor.  It's very high up.  I don't allow my cats to get onto the balcony.  I'd never forgive myself if it jumped onto the wall and fell. 

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 12:08:39 PM »
http://www.battersea.org.uk/applications/dynamic/?id=8626&filter_gender=&filter_centre=&filter_garden=no&filter_ages=&

;)

Er.... edited to add, scratch that as I have just reread your post and didn't know you already have another pud and Ramsey has to be an only cat. Sorry.  :-[
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 12:17:49 PM by Pinkbear (Julie) »

Offline sunnysue

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 12:06:30 PM »
If she's used to being an outdoor cat it wouldn't be fair to keep her indoors would it.  I've had a good look around,  but I don't seem to see find any suitable indoor cats.  Thank you for your help.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 11:58:59 AM »
 :thanks: Sue.

I am fostering a tabby cat at the moment but I'm not sure how she would react to being an indoor-only cat.  However, have you had a look round the site at different cats needing homes?  Transport can be arranged if a perfect pairing needs it!

Offline sunnysue

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 11:54:40 AM »
Hi and thanks for the welcome.  I'm in Brixton.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 11:41:37 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Sue.  Whereabouts in London are you (roughly)?

Offline sunnysue

• Kitten
Indoor cat wanted. London.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 12:15:49 PM »
Hi.  I am looking for an indoor cat to join our family.  Until 5 weeks ago I had two lovely cats.  Ebby and Tinker,  both 15yrs old.  Sadly Tinker passed away after being treated for cancer for 5yrs.   We all miss her very much.  Ebby misses her too and yowls a lot.  I think another companion would be good for Ebby.  As well as giving a cat in need a new loving home.  I also miss having another cat around the place.  It will need to be an indoor cat because we live in a flat with no garden.  Our flat is on the 7th floor,  but is very safe because I never leave the windows or balcany door open.  I got Ebby from cats protection when she was 9 months old.  I passed the house check then.  So no reason why I shouldn't pass again.  If anyone knows of an indoor cat that might be suitable.  Please let me know.    Just to add there is only my daughter and I living here.  My daughter is 20.  So there are no children.  And I am home all day.
Here's my lil Ebby.  And Tinker

« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:18:11 PM by sunnysue »

Link to CatChat