Author Topic: Urgent New home needed for my 9 year old lovely boy - sorted  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Urgent New home needed for my 9 year old lovely boy - sorted
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 06:35:28 AM »
That's great news  :)

I'll move and lock this now.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 06:36:08 AM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline teabag

• Kitten
Re: Urgent New home needed for my 9 year old lovely boy - sorted
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 22:32:12 PM »
He is going to an experienced cat home, he has his microchip, even has a pet passport as until last November we lived in France.  We had hoped that where we are living at the moment would have been permanent but through unexpected circumstances all that had to change very rapidly but my boy is at least going to be loved, cared for and by the looks of things thoroughly spoiled

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Urgent New home needed for my 9 year old lovely boy
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 22:25:19 PM »
Excellent news ... so pleased you have managed to find a loving new home for you boy.

On a practical note please advise the new owners to try and keep him indoors for as long as possible so that he has chance to bond with his new family and the house.  Most recues recommend at least 4 - 6 weeks if possible.  Also if he isn't already microchipped it would be a good idea to get him chipped ASAP .... just in case he wanders off from his new home. 
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 22:21:29 PM »
That's brilliant news teabag and so good for you to know that he will be properly looked after. It must be really hard for you having to part with him.
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline teabag

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 22:05:58 PM »
 ;D

We have found a really loving home for my boy thanks to a neighbour.  He will be loved and spoiled in a large house in a quiet area so we couldn't be more grateful and more pleased

Good luck to all the other puss's who need kind loving homes.  I'm sure some will have as much luck as my boy had and it's such a relief to know that he will be cared for.

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 19:10:34 PM »
Hi Teabag!

Sorry to hear of your situation.

I'm sure you've already asked but is there definitely no way you can take your cat with you...even if you added a clause in your contract about being fully liable for any *damage* caused by him or even pay a larger deposit?

I know quite a few people in rented accommodation (which is what I am assuming you will be in) that have been allowed to keep their pets (cats and dogs). I also know people who have kept both even though they weren't supposed to (naughty I know).

Unfortunately I cannot take him as I have 3 of my own and a dog!!
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline teabag

• Kitten
Urgent New home needed for my 9 year old lovely boy - sorted
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 21:58:51 PM »
Hello

I'm new here and I am seeking any help possible to find a home for my lovely 9 year old boy.

Due to very unforeseen circumstances completely beyond my control I have to find a home for my cat.  I have contacted sanctuaries, put the word around with friends, neighbours, relatives everybody I can think of to try and get him settled.  We have to move house rather unexpectedly but we cannot take him with us, animals are not allowed.  It's heartbreaking to have to part with him but I have no choice.  I have to try and sort something out by 8th July and I would be very grateful for any help, advice, anything. 

If anyone wants details of him please let me know, or if anyone knows of a kind person who would give him a home, again please let me know.  We are in north Kent but I would willingly take him anywhere to get him settled.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 22:25:58 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »

Link to CatChat