Author Topic: Found male tabby, Hull  (Read 10503 times)

Offline chez

• Adult Cat
    • The Blue Cross Cumbria Foster Team
  • Slave to: Harley, Sabrina and Bo
Re: Found male tabby, Hull
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 14:15:26 PM »
The vet has said he is young and unneutered so he has probably just wandered off.

As for the comment made, I'm sure it was tongue in cheek although I admit offensive to us cat lovers. For the record I have seen a LOT worse comments re cats on that forum, there are some real cat haters on there, one in particular who boasted about her son having killed several neighbourhood cats just because they had entered her garden. Whether it was the truth or just to wind people up I don't know. The best thing is to ignore idiots like that, they thrive on the attention.

Offline BazandGem

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Bazza (missing since March 2010), Rossi and Joey
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 12:53:00 PM »
As for the humber bridge comment - I hope they die in agony mangled up in a car.  >:(

It's been reported to the MSE mods.

He sounds a very friendly cat so must have lived with people at some point - I just can't understand why people would allow their pets to wander around with no microchip or at least a collar which would give some indication it had a home to go to. Still, I'm beginning to realise "animal lovers" don't always have a huge amount of common sense (long story).

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 23:05:14 PM »
If you read the whole thread she has done more than just give him water - when the cat had been around for more than a day she went out and bought him cat food, she's put a box and blanket in the shed, let him sleep in her porch and taken him to the vets to be scanned. All from someone who isn't that fond of cats!

I stand corrected on that one but there are still some ignorant comments on there. I will find my log-in tomorrow and challenge the person who claims CP charge people to get their missing cat back.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 22:59:18 PM »
If you read the whole thread she has done more than just give him water - when the cat had been around for more than a day she went out and bought him cat food, she's put a box and blanket in the shed, let him sleep in her porch and taken him to the vets to be scanned. All from someone who isn't that fond of cats!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 22:37:25 PM »
There are certainly plenty of ignorant people on MSE; like the one that claims to have volunteered for CP saying that they will charge someone to have their cat back - that is rubbish - also giving a stray a bowl of water - they should at least offer some food. The poor thing is probably starving  :(. It is the kind of thing the RSPCA tell people to do. We ALWAYS ask people to feed a stray until something can be sorted. We also offer to drop some food round to them so they aren't out of pocket (as you never know people's financial situation). As for the humber bridge comment - I hope they die in agony mangled up in a car.  >:(

So a stray will find food from "another source"  :Crazy:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 22:47:46 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline chez

• Adult Cat
    • The Blue Cross Cumbria Foster Team
  • Slave to: Harley, Sabrina and Bo
Found male tabby, Hull
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 22:13:46 PM »
A poster on another forum has asked me to post on here on her behalf, she has found a male tabby, has been to the vet with him but he is not chipped. Link to the MSE forum thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2512845

He is gorgeous, someone must be missing him?

Link to CatChat