Author Topic: (The opposite of Suzannes moments...) when they drive you mad  (Read 2138 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: (The opposite of Suzannes moments...) when they drive you mad
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 08:39:26 AM »
Mine both drove me mad this morning.  Woke up at 4.15am and they wouldn't settle at all.  At that stage I sometimes shut them out in the living room, but that results in Jaffa whining and howling for about half an hour, although he does then go quiet and stay quiet until I go out to him, even if it's later than usual.  This morning I let them stay in the bedroom but they seemed to have an agreement to take it in turns to be annoying.  When Jaffa looked as though he was going to settle down on the bed, Mosi was manic and whiny.  When Mosi lay down on the window sill, Jaffa wandered around whining.  I eventually shut them out at 5.40am and endured Jaffa whining until about 6am.  My alarm went off at 6.05am.  I snoozed until 6.30am and didn't let them through until after I'd showered and, surprisingly, Jaffa was silent throughout.   He greeted me with such an innocent expression.

Offline Karon

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 20:22:36 PM »
Mine exist to drive me mental, very very slowly.  Either with worry (Baldrick sitting in the road) or frustration (Ellis chasing Gomez for no apparent reason).  They're good fun though :) 

I've sussed out how to get Baldrick in, at least - rattle a pouch of Dreamies.  He will do anything for them so I can catch him even when he's being really daft.  Shame the others don't like them.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 19:18:14 PM »
I have a code expression which both of mine know means treats. I have used it ever since Chilli was a kitten and now it works to get both of them to come running at speed to see what Meowmy has, it's not always fruitful :naughty: Anyway, I sort of whisper shout "What's this", "What have I got". Gets them every time.

However, mine are indoor so it's not used for these sorts of moments.

No, Dave finds a multitude of other ways to drive me round the twist.

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 19:16:34 PM »
:evillaugh:

I find rattling the temptations or dreamies more effective  :naughty:

I'm always soothed to know that should Pepsi ever make an escape and run away from home that even if she was 10 miles away, the rattle of the Temptations box would bring her running back  :evillaugh: Or even the sound of me opening the drawer which the Temptations are kept in

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 17:16:32 PM »
Aaaw Leanne - we all knew Mosi's name was gonna come up when you mentioned driving you mad  :naughty: :rofl:

Actually I can honestly say that in the 2 1/2 years I've had Bonnie she hasn't drove me mad (YET) - she is such an angel. :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 12:56:49 PM »
 :rofl:

I have plenty of these moments too!  Usually concerning a certain cat whose name begins with M....  :tired:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 12:22:52 PM »
Funny you should say that Helen thats what we normally do but we've ran out - I'm a bad fur mummy.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 11:52:40 AM »
 :evillaugh:

I find rattling the temptations or dreamies more effective  :naughty:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
(The opposite of Suzannes moments...) when they drive you mad
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 10:57:55 AM »
This morning Milo drove me insane, I was calling them in from the from the garden, Jess came in easily but Milo wouldn't.

I ended up trapsing up the garden in my flip flops and pj's though the wet grass to where Milo was sitting on the bbq, got there and he ran down towards the back door. Catch up with him thinking his going to go in when he heads under the garden table which is covered up. I could see his nose peering out but couldn't reach him.

So it was time for da bird, I started playing with it and enticed Milo out, went to grab him and the little  :censored: ran back under the table. Started up da bird again, waited till he got really close to me and caught da bird and I caught Milo, who was rather unamused at coming in.

Link to CatChat