Author Topic: Kitten needing some patient tlc in Yorkshire HOMED  (Read 3079 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Kitten needing some patient tlc in Yorkshire HOMED
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 21:35:02 PM »
So pleased a home has been found  ;D  We would love to hear any updates on how he is doing  ;D Please could you pop a new thread in Cat's stories   :thanks:   

« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 21:43:52 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Re: Kitten needing some patient tlc in Yorkshire HOMED
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 20:45:16 PM »
Well done little Ocicat  :Luv: :Luv: xx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline suef

• Kitten
Re: Kitten needing some patient tlc in Yorkshire
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 16:28:59 PM »
Hiya!

I'm very pleased to report that the kitten has found a perfect home. A lovely couple came today, spent a couple of hours stroking him, and playing with him, even had him purring, and fell totally in love with him. They appreciate they will need lots of patience, but, as my other cats all thought they were wonderful people, I have no doubt he has been a very lucky kitten this time.   :)

Thank you for all your comments and advice,

Sue

Offline Coriolanus

• Kitten
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 21:41:26 PM »
Beautiful  :Luv:

Are you specifically looking for a home in Yorkshire or do you think the little one would be up to travelling?

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 19:40:14 PM »
If I had more space and outdoor access (I think he needs it to run off some of his energy) I would have him in a heartbeat, he's gorgeous and I love bringing the shy ones round :Luv2: I hope he finds a lovely home.

Oh and I agree, him being spayed will help massively.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 15:57:26 PM »
He is a darling boy and if closer would fit in here at the Clan - we have 30 ferals ranging from nice to not very nice at all and I have just tamed down 4 former feral kittens - Jet, Turbo, Aztec and Maya - all now Mummys little food stalkers aged 9 months who having been written off in normal homes are now doing indoor/outdoor and loving it - this 4 did the wall of death and took a lot of hard work but it has paid off - I was lucky as some of my more normal cats - the other 17 helped an awful lot by putting this lot in their place when they went a bit far - perhaps a nice one of similar age would help as would chopping off his bits
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline dforrester725

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 15:51:08 PM »
Whereabouts in the country is he?
He's absolutely stunning  :Luv2:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 13:15:55 PM »
I would so love to have more pennies - and so a bigger house for more cats. ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 12:57:18 PM »
He's an Ocicat cross, and he's not been neutered yet - I'll get him done as soon as he's settled down. I don't want to add to his stress levels at the moment.

Sue

OOops Ocicat - hence the Bengalness.

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 12:55:53 PM »
Aw..! He's lovely!  :wow: Looks like a Bengal cross to me.  :) That would fit with his behaviour too - Bengals can often be a bit highly strung. I take it he's been snipped but how long ago? :innocent:  I'd be after an experienced Bengal owner and perhaps get him advertised in the breed rescues.  ;)

looks very Bengal like to me too  - I am a experienced Bengal owner  :shify: - just flippin wish zubin & zebedee like other cats.  your young man is stunning.

Offline suef

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 21:29:29 PM »
He's an Ocicat cross, and he's not been neutered yet - I'll get him done as soon as he's settled down. I don't want to add to his stress levels at the moment.

Sue

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 19:44:11 PM »
He is utterly GORGEOUS! Will post him on my Facebook - well, a link to this thread.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 17:48:44 PM »
what a cutie - I'm a bengal addict but luckily too far away!!!  if he is a tica registered bengal can you contact his breeder, good breeders will often taken back kittens they have bred, otherwise there is a bengal forum which has a rehoming section

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 17:26:51 PM »
Aw..! He's lovely!  :wow: Looks like a Bengal cross to me.  :) That would fit with his behaviour too - Bengals can often be a bit highly strung. I take it he's been snipped but how long ago? :innocent:  I'd be after an experienced Bengal owner and perhaps get him advertised in the breed rescues.  ;)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Kitten needing some patient tlc
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 16:50:41 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs

You might want to amend title of your thread to include breed and area you are in?  He is fabulously gorgeous BTW  :Luv:

Offline suef

• Kitten
Kitten needing some patient tlc in Yorkshire HOMED
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 15:22:20 PM »
Hiya! I have had a 6 month old male kitten brought to me. Although he was an affectionate, playful boy at 3 months, he has been in a situation which frightened him and he is now scared of people he doesn't know. It is going to take someone with an understanding of cats, patience and kindness to return him to the confident trusting kitten he was 3 months ago. He also has runny eyes. My vet thinks it is more stress related than viral, but he has been on anti-biotics and eye drops just in case. He is vaccinated, TICA registered, wormed, etc and desperately needs a permanant loving home. I think the ideal home for him would be a single adult, or possibly a quiet couple. I don't think he would cope well at the present time with children, dogs, loud unexpected noises, etc. He does love other cats, but obviously could pass on the runny eyes if it is not a stress reaction. He is with my vaccinated adults and they have not "caught" it. Please contact me for further information.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 19:31:44 PM by JackSpratt »

Link to CatChat