Author Topic: Really worried about a kitten on "that" site - Update, rehomed  (Read 3095 times)

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Re: Really worried about a kitten on "that" site - Update, rehomed
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 21:31:05 PM »
I have to admit I scan from time to time for possible emergencies but we just can't help them all - it makes me so angry and upset to see all the little ones there.  We can usually find a space to squeeze in a little one somewhere - adults however are a different matter and not quite so easy to squeeze in when we are as full as we are just now.

Our cat room set out with the 9 pens currently crammed full of 13 adults!  not to mention everyone who is slotted everywhere else! lol  :Crazy:

That said - even for moral support or advice we are just a call away :hug:
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 21:23:33 PM »
Hehe, I am going to visit Sarah, been meaning to for ages as I have some food and bedding for her but never have enough petrol in the car!

I would happily foster as well if I had a spare room but if anyone was ever desperate (Sarah ;)) I'm sure I could squeeze someone in somewhere temporarily. Should I ever see a dog crate on freecycle I'll be sure to try and get it :evillaugh:

And thanks Sarah. I guess I look now and then just in case there are any desperate cases and this was one such case but I know I would have wanted to keep this particular one :innocent:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 21:21:15 PM »
Now Dancer it you keep reading those sites you are going to have to invest in a dog crate and pay a visit across the water to Sarah at Sunny Harbour!!!! ;)

LOL  very true! 

Shona - don't be afraid to contact me directly if you need to chat / check something in future.  Here to help :hug: and as Liz says we are just over the water! ;)

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 21:00:07 PM »
Now Dancer it you keep reading those sites you are going to have to invest in a dog crate and pay a visit across the water to Sarah at Sunny Harbour!!!! ;)
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 18:41:25 PM »
Well, I sent a text and apparently this kitten was rehomed this afternoon, I hope she went somewhere wonderful :shy:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Re: Really worried about a kitten on "that" site
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 18:08:40 PM »
Shona - if you need some help let us know

:thanks:

I'm still uhming and ahing about it. She's actually very close to my Mum by the looks of it, ad says Livingston but the map shows Uphall and my Mum is in Broxburn. Now if my Mum didn't have our very grumpy with other cats elderly family cat I'd coax her to have her! :evillaugh:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 14:40:31 PM »
Shona - if you need some help let us know

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 11:12:06 AM »
 probably wrongly worded, what I meant was - don't feel bad about using them its what they are there for

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 11:06:53 AM »
its why I never look, I'd end up like one of those cat collectors - for the record though I don't think there is anything wrong with the pdsa - anyway I guess its for you to decide if you have the space and time etc :hug:

It's not about there being anything wrong, I just don't like to use their resources if I can help it!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 10:53:03 AM »
its why I never look, I'd end up like one of those cat collectors - for the record though I don't think there is anything wrong with the pdsa - anyway I guess its for you to decide if you have the space and time etc :hug:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Really worried about a kitten on "that" site - Update, rehomed
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 10:48:34 AM »
I shouldn't have looked, it only upsets me but I was looking for dance classes and stuff and had a little peek in the pets section. I came across an ad which is really worrying me.

It is all black shorthair 14weeks old called Sheba. she is eat well.. litter home. very playfull.
we bought that kitten £80 from gumtree advert person's belong 8wk ago but we not know what do with her now as shes wild, bite us also not suit other our cat. she need outdoor and more space will calm her i think. thats reason i gave her away.
£25 or Free i am looking for her go to a good home with garden only also can dealt with her behaviour and gave her loving care.
feel free ask questions

Now from reading that who knows what's going on or where she'll end up. I emailed them asking if they had found a home but of course telling people she's wild obviously they haven't. I would go round and get her straight away (of course scaredy kitties have been my specialty) but I don't think I can afford her plus it would mean having to use PDSA which I'm trying to avoid, I'd rather pay for any vet treatment myself. Then there would be the issue of where to put her, I'd have to shut my two out of the lounge or something until I'd had her checked and vacc'd.

Urgh, I just don't know what to do! I dread to think what will happen to this little one :(
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 18:40:45 PM by 925dancer »

Link to CatChat