Author Topic: Old ,neutered ,male tabby found in Bradley, Bilston, West Midlands  (Read 16431 times)

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
Re: Old ,neutered ,male tabby found in Bradley, Bilston, West Midlands
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2010, 18:27:11 PM »
That's what i feel like doing but, i want to hear if he's been  found, so want to keep on side..........! She just acts as if it's a normal, everyday thing to lose your very ill cat and not put yourself out to do anything about it!   :( :(

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2010, 18:09:04 PM »
What a callous  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
I am afraid i would have lost it and told her exactly what sort of person she is and how cruel .

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2010, 18:03:09 PM »
Finally had a reply to my email yesterday-she's very busy at work and will do some posters when work is less demanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   >:( 

I went to search for him in the bushes at the back of her house, but it's impossible to see anything, they are so dense and some of them are stretching about 20' from the fence, with huge nettle patches. I can't see that he's still alive now-it's been 5 days without food and water, unless he's been lucky and been picked up by someone................RSPCA had told me that if an old cat goes without water for a few days, they get very disorientated...............so sad   :'(

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2010, 23:34:45 PM »
Unbelievable - for once he may have been better off looked after at the place you took him too !

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2010, 20:34:44 PM »
 :(
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2010, 17:51:26 PM »
No reply to email either........................................... >:(

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2010, 13:34:34 PM »
I feel exactly the same way, bunglycat!!!!  >:( >:(  She STILL hasn't replied to my text-think i'll email her and see i get a response from that!    :(

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2010, 12:48:52 PM »
If that does happen- i would be very inclined to really tell her what i think of her in no uncertain terms -what a  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2010, 06:54:28 AM »
Still no reply to my text, Jane.............What gets me is on her original text she said she thought 'he'd gone away to die' so she obviously knows how ill he is, so why didn't she leave him at the RSPCA hospital to be pts??   >:(  Now it looks as if he'll have a lonely, painful death.......... :'( :'(

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2010, 16:09:20 PM »
 :( Hope you hear some good news soon x

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2010, 15:29:38 PM »
I rang the hospital-a recorded message saying it opens Mon-Fri!!!!! I texted the owner this morning to see if there was any news, but no reply as yet-suppose they could've gone out for the day. The daughter had spoken about doing posters on Sat-haven't seen any yet......... :(

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2010, 09:54:22 AM »
Awww, sorry about Bungly   :(

Gail, he was TAKEN to Barnes Hill from Bradley, Bilston, where i found him, which is quite a few miles away! Someone suggested ringing the hospital in case he gets found and taken there, doubt they'll be open today tho....

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2010, 09:45:33 AM »
OH how sad- poor lad - where about was he found - I am not far from barns hill - I will keep my peepers open.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2010, 18:38:49 PM »
I hope whoever finds him will take him to a vet then -he needs to see one asap .
Poor Bungly had liver cancer -from Diagnosis in May -she lived till second week of December when i had to make the decision for her to go to the bridge.

People like this and the ones that had CC make me absloutely furious  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2010, 17:11:37 PM »
She hasn't taken him to the vet! I don't know anyone who could look after him-he's so poorly-like a skeleton with skin, almost. He's clearly suffering-maybe he  left them cos he didn't want them fussing him cos it's too painful. I still say he should've been pts-he's not going to recover from liver cancer, is he?   >:(      :censored:  woman!

I went round to the house about an hour ago and she was just going back in. She said she'd just had a look around the pool. I decided to have a look myself and looked in a small area. The problem is, the bushes are so dense now, it's difficult to see much and there is a steep slope from the bushes to the pool..................... :scared:

I just hope he shows himself and someone picks him up....... 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 17:15:56 PM by Shirley »

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2010, 17:04:50 PM »
Oh dear  :( that poor old boy

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2010, 16:20:22 PM »
Do you know anyone that would take him and lok after him properly if you could find him again.
He needs someone who knows what they are doing and will care for him properly - i bet she never took him to her vet either !

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2010, 15:29:51 PM »
I agree!!!! She's seems so half soaked and was grinning all the while she was talking to me-FGS you'd be in bits, wouldn't you???? Problem is, where i live is opposite a fishing pool with lots of bushes to hide and, at the moment, teenage fishermen who get the cans down their necks! I think that's where he was heading when i picked him up on Tuesday!  :'(

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2010, 15:16:13 PM »
Another cat whose owner doesn''t deserve him !
Poor boy, hope someone else finds him and keeps him and looks after him properly !
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 16:18:18 PM by bunglycat »

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2010, 15:00:00 PM »
HERBIE IS NOW MISSING AGAIN!!!!!!! His owner came round to tell me he must've got through an open window!!!! Excuse me, if you're trying to keep a very poorly cat inside, you don't leave a window open!!!!!  Lets hope he's as lucky this time and someone finds him.............................. Poor, baby!  >:(

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2010, 21:37:38 PM »
Liz, i've managed to come away without drops! I told vet i'd got no chance of giving them to him and he said what he'd been given today should be enough to last till Tues-would've been Mon had it not been Bank Holiday-grrr! He's been out for an hour tonight-he was hanging onto the beading of the glass in the door!!!! He's just come back in and should settle down for the night now!

No more news on Herbie.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2010, 21:24:57 PM »
Would love to come visit Shirley but OH is away again on Tuesady Morning!

Poor Turbo was on 3 different lots of drops 3 times a day - I will look out the names of the stuff cause 1 cream had to be changed cause it really hurt him and me!  We had other stuff to encourage the pupil to open it was only 1 drop a day so will get the name of that cause OH nearly had heart failure our Turbo has a pupil and eye now instead of a cloudy eye his daddy left us with we now have a very nearly normal looking eye ;D

I used bribery on Turbo he does love his treats and did the eye drops and then treat - no wonder he looked at normal food with disdain on his first day back with the mob!  Hw was eating roast beef, as good as it looks kitten foos etc all the things he shouldn't have been = he was also in a confined space the guest bathroom with nowhere to hide! :evillaugh:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2010, 16:07:35 PM »
I had a call from the RSPCA inspector earlier-they will be following it up

I'm going to ask the vet for a long lasting antibiotic and pain killer as suggested on CC-there's no way he would sit still, Jane> As the saying goes 'he's like a cat on hot bricks'   :rofl:

that's good then  :)

aww poor Charlie!  :Luv:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2010, 15:43:49 PM »
I had a call from the RSPCA inspector earlier-they will be following it up!

I'm going to ask the vet for a long lasting antibiotic and pain killer as suggested on CC-there's no way he would sit still, Jane> As the saying goes 'he's like a cat on hot bricks'   :rofl:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2010, 15:31:08 PM »
Oh dear, can you not ask for an update how he is after he's seen her vet because you'll be thinking of him    :shy: I would.  Tbh I would think that the vet would have told her he must get treatment if poorly and hopefully she will take him.

Hope your Charlie is ok, shame he's being bullied, you'll manage with the drops  ;)  :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2010, 15:18:02 PM »
It's nice that the owner has found him, but he's definately not comfortable! She's emailed a couple of pics taken since she got back but it looks like a different cat! Taken from above so can't see his face and doesn't look bony! I hope she'll be taking him back to her own vet now.

My Charlie has had to have surgery on his eye this morning!!!!!!!!  He's damaged the cornea through fighting the vet thinks, but he doesn't fight, just gets bullied! Just rang to see how he is and he was very lucky-if the claw had gone in a bit further, he would've had to lose his eye!! What a week!!! Stressed isn't the word!!!   :'( :'(

Liz, fancy coming down to put eye drops in??? I've got NO chance of doing that!!!   :rofl:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 15:22:45 PM by Shirley »

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2010, 14:10:37 PM »
oh bless his little heart ....

Glad he is back with his Mummy xx

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2010, 11:31:34 AM »
Right, maybe she'll let you know a bit more later.  Maybe he's not well but comfortable and at least he's back with owner and where he knows.
Glad your son was able to help  :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2010, 11:26:29 AM »
No Jane, just that she'll let me know what happens. I've just got through to RSPCA and she's taken him. Told them she will take him to her own vets and keep him inside, tho difficult as he's always gone out before he was ill. Thanks about Charlie.......

Dawn, i managed to get hold of my son and he's transferred the money-thank God for internet banking!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2010, 10:38:35 AM »
sorry to hear about Charlie - does your vet do payments by installments???

glad the stray had a home

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2010, 10:28:52 AM »
Glad to hear that the cat belongs to her  - didn't she tell you anything more?

sorry to hear about Charlie  :hug:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 10:31:45 AM by Janeyk »

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2010, 10:25:41 AM »
I am having a nightmare week!!!!!!! Just got back from vets-Charlie will be having eye surgery later on.......couple of hundred quid, which i haven't got! Hoping my son will sort it out!

Back to the stray-had an email from the lady and it IS her cat-she's on her way to bring him home..............Don't understand that cos he's clearly suffering.....

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2010, 09:24:22 AM »
Poor thing, does sound like it is her cat and hopefully they will be reunited now

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2010, 08:34:53 AM »
Copied from CC post:

Lady has just phoned me-it sounds as tho he's her cat!! He's 14, called Herbie and she hasn't seen him since a week last Saturday. He's been to the vets and has either got liver cancer/ or cirrhosis(sp?)She thought he'd gone off to die somewhere.....Has been looking for him. I've given her the RSPCA ref no, and emailed her his photo. I'm hoping she makes the right decision for him now.........she sounds a nice lady. At least she has closure.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2010, 07:02:32 AM »
Thanks Jane! Still no text back...

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2010, 06:37:08 AM »
Ooh, fingers crossed!! 

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2010, 06:17:22 AM »
Just switched on my mobile to see a text from someone, sent at 10.40 last night, after seeing my advert in the paper,  to say she thinks he may be her cat!!!!!!! She lives in the street where he was originally found (and where i'd been knocking doors!) and that the cat has been very ill. Hope he's been under a vet........... I've sent a txt back but no reply as yet, must be too early! Fingers crossed!

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 20:13:30 PM »
Sorry to hear you're not well and your own cat is missing-hope you get some news soon.  :hug:

I actually rang someone on the register last night. The cat had been missing a while and she'd found it, but not bothered to put on the register that it was found. I suspect a lot are like that. :hug:

Offline BazandGem

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Bazza (missing since March 2010), Rossi and Joey
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2010, 19:25:51 PM »
I thought maybe the older lost cats' owners might not look at found cats any more, if they are even still lost - worth a shot anyway  :) I only managed up to about page 6, it's so sad seeing all the cats that are missing and that was just in one small area of the country. My own cat's been missing 6 weeks now and another poster has just been put up for one that's disappeared since Sunday - think I will have to go and have a look around tonight in spite of not being able to call out for either of them (laryngitis  :tired:) - maybe they're hanging out together! I just hope there's someone around here who cares as much as you do to have taken a stray cat in and tried to find his owner, if he has one, as well as making sure he's got a warm bed, food and a vet to check him over.

:hug:

Gem.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 18:55:42 PM »
Jane, when my vet had scruffed him and he growled, i could see  one brown fang! I'd wondered if he needed a dental and that was what was stopping him eating.

It could be Shirley and tooth infection can also upset their insides, if one brown fang was seen he could have more, hopefully you'll get to know a bit more tomorrow morning  :hug:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 18:56:08 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat