Author Topic: HELP - Looking to re home our 2 Tabby boys - SE London/Kent area (Now in rescue)  (Read 11847 times)

Offline peter81

• Adult Cat
Hi

yes they are full.

what makes you think Foal Farm would re home them quicker than Battersea?

we have a place at Last Chance Sanctury also?

Hi,

Only the fact that they are alot smaller than Battersea (I wasn't saying there is anything wrong with Battersea)

Is that the Last Chance in Edenbridge ?

Hi

Yes its in Edenbridge

I now have the choice of going to either of those tomorrow OR keeping them until we find somewhere for them ourselves.

dont have a clue what to do!

This must be so hard for you  :hug:
You said in your first post that you "think" you baby is allergic to them....do you not know for sure ?

I agree with everyone else that you are very lucky to be offered a rescue place, let alone 2 !
What I would do is go and look at both of them, see which you feel your boys would be happier at

Yes its very tricky, not 100% sure she's allergic - but there's other reasons also - the cats are kept in our kitchen dining area and obviously jump all over the kitchen sides etc etc which to me isnt very good when we're making the babies food in there. Also theey are bringing more and more dead animals in......my wife walked into are kitchen the other day and it was covered in blood all over with a dead rat on the floor......I personally dont want my baby arounf that.

but then you think Ive had them since kittens so its pretty hard !

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Hi

yes they are full.

Hi,

Only the fact that they are alot smaller than Battersea (I wasn't saying there is anything wrong with Battersea)

Hi

Yes its in Edenbridge

I now have the choice of going to either of those tomorrow OR keeping them until we find somewhere for them ourselves.

This must be so hard for you  :hug:
You said in your first post that you "think" you baby is allergic to them....do you not know for sure ?

I agree with everyone else that you are very lucky to be offered a rescue place, let alone 2 !
What I would do is go and look at both of them, see which you feel your boys would be happier at

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Rescues are good because you can tell them all about your cats and they will find the right home for them, if you're worried about them in the rescue some, but not all will do direct homing where the cat stays with you until they find them a home  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
getting them into a rescue is definately the best chance they will get - also better for your baby

Offline peter81

• Adult Cat
Hi

yes they are full.

Hi,

Hi

Yes its in Edenbridge

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Hi

yes they are full.

Hi,

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
They have lovely clean pens, outdoor runs and highly dedicated staff and volunteers, cuddle rooms, playrooms. It's state of the art and we'd love to have facilities like those.... as Dawn says, you are lucky getting such a quick offer and down this way in Canterbury you could expect to wait at least a month or so for a space. I wouldn't let the grass grow incase they get a sudden rush.  ;)

Offline peter81

• Adult Cat
I've adopted from Battersea myself.  :) They'll be fine there...  ;)

Hi

what are the facilities like which the cats are kept in? can you describe them to me?

thanks

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
to be honest you are very lucky to have the offer of a place anywhere at the moment because everyone is so busy, I'd grab it!!

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
I've adopted from Battersea myself.  :) They'll be fine there...  ;)

Offline peter81

• Adult Cat
Hi

yes they are full.

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Have you tried FoalFarm in Biggin Hill ??

They will probably get homed quicker from there than Battersea

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
battersea has state of the art faciliites and the people who work there know exactly what to do don't worry, they will work on keeping the boys happy!

Offline peter81

• Adult Cat
main concern is where they are staying? we had them in a cattery once and Oscar who is more confident was fine but little Mack was scared out of his wits and was actually never the same cat again when he came home!

Battersea looks quite nice though

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
please don't worry a rescue will take great care of them and vet any potential owners very, very carefully

Offline peter81

• Adult Cat
Hi

We've already had a response from 2 rescues one including Battersea, both who want to take them tomorrow!

Ideally though we want someone to take them straight into a loving home.

I'm concerned about how they'll be in the rescues. anyone know much about Battersea?

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Hi Peter, sorry you're having to rehome your cats have you tried rescues in your area: http://www.catchat.org/adoption/londone.html
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline peter81

• Adult Cat
Could anyone give a loving home to our two Tabby boys, Oscar and Mack.

We're currently based in Beckenham, Kent.

We've had them since they were kittens (brothers from the same litter) and are now 2.5 years old. Unfortunately we think our baby has developed an allergic reaction to the cats. As we keep the cats in the kitchen/dining area we're also very concerned as this where she eats and all her food is prepared.

Oscar and Mack, although brothers, have very different personalities! Oscar is bold and very loving, he loves to be picked up and cuddled and would love to spend his evenings curled up on the sofa with you. Mack is much more cautious and although very sweet and affectionate would rather that you didnt pick him up and that you just give him lots strokes and rub his ears and head. He likes to give love on his terms! Unlike Oscar he's a great fan of the outdoors and spends half his time in the garden.

Oscar and Mack need a home together with a cat flap and a garden (although both really good using a litter tray when necessary).

We'd love to hear from anyone who might be able to help!

(Can't seem to upload any of our photos but if you are interested we can email them.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 13:45:46 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat