Author Topic: Specific homeopathic tincture for crying?  (Read 1641 times)

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Re: Specific homeopathic tincture for crying?
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 08:49:47 AM »
Thanks for these replies - ill have a look at that link Mark  :thanks:

She's sort of not anxious (or at least I don't think so) it's more like what Mark describes as pitious howling and crying particularly at night. In an evening she will sit by my partners chair and cry and cry at him - we've checked she's not hungry, she's not in pain - we try and play with her, stroke her and she just continues to cry!

This probably makes it sound worse than it is, but in a 1 bed flat it can get a little draining!!!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 22:32:20 PM »
Well I looked in my little book of Homeopathy for the Happy Cat (by vet Mark Elliott)  ;) and found Aconite - for inconsolable anxiety, piteous howling, restlessness, confusion, unsteadiness, sensititivty to noise and light - does that sound like her?

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 20:03:09 PM »
I ordered some stuff yesterday that sounds a bit more scientific than flower remedies. Alice is a terrible howler. I only have to go outside a she starts. Last night I stayed up late with her as she has been a bit neglected with me doing 2 assignments. I finally went to bed at 1.30am and she was howling at 2am  :Crazy: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,31410.0.html

Anyway, they claim the senilife improves night time howling in 70% of cases
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Specific homeopathic tincture for crying?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 19:30:27 PM »
Hey,

Does anyone know if there's a particular homeopathic remedy that they would use to calm down nighttime crying and for general highly strung/stressed cats? Would just rescue remedy be OK or is there something more specific?

Katie has been fully health checked recently and there's nothing wrong with her at all, she's just very, very demanding and is getting more so the older she gets. She just gets herself so worked up at the slightest thing and I just want to know how I can make her feel a wee bit better!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Link to CatChat