Author Topic: 16mth Female Cat needs forever home in Cirencester, Glos (HOMED)  (Read 3488 times)

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Re: 16mth Female Cat needs forever home in Cirencester, Glos (HOMED)
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 19:38:34 PM »
FAB news  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: xxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 16:09:55 PM »
Excellent news, Claire!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 16:07:59 PM »
That's great news  ;D it does sound perfect home for Charlie.

Hope all goes well xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bluebell24

• Kitten
Re: 16mth Female Cat needs forever home in Cirencester, Glos
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 15:47:18 PM »
Thank you everyone who has offered help and advice regarding rehoming Charlie but it seems she has a new home already. My husband was talking with his friend at work and they have offered to have her. They have no kids, dogs etc and she'll have a lovely big village house to laze around with her being spoilt rotton by them. There 2 previous cats died the end of last year (both old timers) and they had been thinking of rehoming another cat now they have come to terms with losing there 2 boys.

She really has landed on her feet and found the perfect home with a bonus that I will still get to see her from time to time

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and help it has been very much appreciated,

Claire x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 14:52:22 PM »
I've PM'd you Clare  :)  Hope you have access to Personal Messages.

Offline Bluebell24

• Kitten
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 13:21:30 PM »
"Wherever you are in the UK, we can help with neutering. In areas where we do not have a local branch or adoption centre, we can still provide vouchers by post for owners or feral carers to neuter their cats. For more information call 03000 12 12 12 or email helpline@cats.org.uk"

Thank you for the number Rosell'a Moggy I have just called and they won't help me they too said they would only help if we earn't less than £14,000, were retired, a student or received income support :(  I have tried through RSPCA too an they won't help either seems another benefit of rehoming Charlie is she will have someone who can afford to neuter its something I do believe is necessary and have no problems getting done I just don't have the money  :( Today just gets worse x
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 13:23:22 PM by Bluebell24 »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 13:07:21 PM »
I hear you Claire but I also thought it wasn't absolutely dependant on income support entitlement.  At the very least, I thought CP would be able to put something towards the cost of neutering for people on a low income.  It is just so vital that she doesn't get pregnant; for all concerned  :hug:  Extract from CP website...

"Wherever you are in the UK, we can help with neutering. In areas where we do not have a local branch or adoption centre, we can still provide vouchers by post for owners or feral carers to neuter their cats. For more information call 03000 12 12 12 or email helpline@cats.org.uk"

I do hope this isn't coming across as a lecture Claire as it is being typed with great sympathy and concern  :hug:  Charlie is such a lovely girl  :Luv:

Offline Bluebell24

• Kitten
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 12:59:20 PM »
I will try calling head office then as my local one won't do it :( As I am not receiving income support/job seekers etc

http://cirencester.cats.org.uk/index.asp?m=EX5 It would've been done a long long time ago if I was able too all my pets are neutered as early as possible only Charlie isn't :( My vet charges £70 for neutering which is more than I have right now :(

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 12:54:05 PM »
ANYONE can get a spaying voucher from the Cats Protection as far as I know. Try calling the HQ and asking them to issue it. :)

Offline Bluebell24

• Kitten
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 12:07:08 PM »
Thank you for replies I will post on Cat Chat later (have migraine looming) and see if that helps :) We have had baby gates on the stairs but they can be opened by kids so was pointless and we only have a small house so not many room to hide in for Charlie (no utility, dining rooms etc).
We did have her booked in to be Neutered but our vet felt she was too young/small and to leave it a couple of months then when we were planning on re-booking her in OH had to have a severe pay cut at work so we really couldn't afford the £70 :( I have looked into getting help with the neutering but as we are not receiving Income Support we aren't entitled to.

Thank you all again

Claire

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 11:50:34 AM »
Contact information received. ;) If anyone needs it, PM me.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 11:48:08 AM »
Hi Bluebell and  :welcome:

I've checked your profile and your email is hidden.  You will be able to see it but not others.  Also I have an idea, but not sure, that you might only be able to send personal messages after you have done a certain amount of posts?  Perhaps someone could clarify?

Charlie is adoreable  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: Do you have a child proof gate on the stairs?  My brother has one so his 3 gingers can escape the attention of his little boy and get some peace upstairs  :-:  As Charlie is allowed outside, please please try and have her neutered asap.  Cats Protection may well be able to help with the cost.  The last thing you will want is for her to get pregnant and it happens so easily.

Best of luck in your search for a new home for her :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 11:47:39 AM »
how about getting her on cat chat - on a rescue page but stating she is still with her family. worth a go  :Luv:

Yep, I suggested about 'Direct homing' to Claire when she posted on CC, def a good idea ;D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:49:19 AM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 11:30:33 AM »
Thank you but when I click on your profile to PM you it says I am not allowed to see it LOL I will try again later though thank you

Claire

Claire, PM me not email. ;) There's the option to send a message when you look at someones profile. It's on the left of the information. :)

Gail, good idea. :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:31:07 AM by JackSpratt »

Offline Skully

• Adult Cat
    • Pirate Pixie Crew
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 10:59:03 AM »
Ahh she is so pretty! :Luv2: It's a shame she is finding it so stressful in your home. I don't think if she were mine I'd be able to bear to part with her, but you must do what you feel is in her best interest.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 10:53:48 AM »
how about getting her on cat chat - on a rescue page but stating she is still with her family. worth a go  :Luv:

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Bluebell24

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 10:47:56 AM »
Thank you but when I click on your profile to PM you it says I am not allowed to see it LOL I will try again later though thank you

Claire

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 10:23:20 AM »
I'm a moderator. ;) PM me your contact details if you want, and I'll keep them in case anyone wants a more direct way of contacting you than via email. :)

Offline Bluebell24

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 10:09:20 AM »
Hi JackSprat

I have just checked and my email should be visable its just in the instructions there is a note to contact a Mod if your not a regular poster to give contact details too? I have probably is-read and confused myself  :innocent:

Claire x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 10:03:30 AM »
Hi Claire. :)

Charlie is lovely - have you set your email as hidden in your profile? If not, people will be able to contact you that way.

Offline Bluebell24

• Kitten
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 09:55:38 AM »
Apologies but I can't find a list of moderators to email/PM my details to as I am not a frequent/regular poster  :-[ I will send all my contact details as soon as I can find who to send them too  :-[
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 09:57:08 AM by Bluebell24 »

Offline Bluebell24

• Kitten
16mth Female Cat needs forever home in Cirencester, Glos (HOMED)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 09:51:18 AM »
I have been directed here to post about my little girlie who needs a new forever home   :(

Charlie is a small black and white cat who is approx 16mths old and house trained, wormed, flea'ed & chipped - she is a short-haired moggie. She is a quiet dainty cat (looks like a large kitten really) who likes to be left to herself and likes to be indoors mainly she goes out to toilet and runs back in again. We have taken the decision to re-home her as she is hating our house with 4 small children in and is getting very skittish and frightened off the kids and its not fair on her to be here where she is unhappy. She's isn't neutered yet and her vaccinations are due too (couldn't afford either recently due to wage drops to secure jobs in recession :( ) She came from a 'accident' litter not rescue so she has been here since a kitten and has always been 100% healthy no vet visits at all. She doesn't mind the children when they are quiet and leave her be and has never retaliated by scratching or anything and lives with another cat and a dog with no problems either. She has never been fussy with her food and is fed on a dry food diet with occasional chicken/fish treat dinners.

She would make a perfect lap cat for someone in a calmer/quieter house as ours is just too much for her. The others animals are fine here its just not her cup of tea and she is becoming more withdrawn and frightened by the day so we have made the decision to find a more suitable home for her. She is a friendly cat who really loves quiet lap cuddles but just no loud noises and hustle and bustle  she really will be the most perfect cat for someone in a quieter home. We are based in the GL7 area of Gloucestershire,

If anyone can help please let me know as she's becoming more and more miserable by the day :-(

If I have missed any info out please tell me I will answer any questions

Thank you for your help,

Claire
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 16:08:32 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat