Author Topic: Help! Tiny kittens no mum.  (Read 5205 times)

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Re: Help! Tiny kittens no mum.
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 12:49:03 PM »
I've sent  you a email with our contact details if you want to contact us for advice or help,

Sarah
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 11:33:47 AM »
I'm not a kitten person but I do know that after they've fed you need to rub their bottoms gently with something like a cotton wool ball dampened with warm water. This will make them poo. For some reason, without this stimulus, they won't go. Normally, a mother cat will wash their bottoms after feeding them.

The ideal situation would be to find a mum with kittens. Cats are wonderful mothers.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 10:41:27 AM »
That article is really interesting but it says if they are under a week they need feeding every two hours. I presume that's day and night?  :Crazy:

I know when I was fostering Mum and kittens they wanted to take Mum away when the kittens were a certain age as they wanted to use her to fed some more kittens. Really glad it didn't happen in the end.

Also we added a kitten that's Mum had rejected him and he fitted in right away it was amazing. We just rubbed him and another kitten all over each other and put him in with the others and Mum let him suckle straight away. So definitely worth trying to find a mother cat that will take them on.   

Offline jklm72

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 09:27:42 AM »
Thank you so much Jiji!  I've had a look, very helpful.   :)

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle

Offline jklm72

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 20:36:52 PM »
yes the vet sold me some Cimicat and bottles! thank you i will certainly be messaging those ladies.

quote author=Liz link=topic=43509.msg776401#msg776401 date=1375039656]
Take it you have them on Cimicat for feeding or equivalent

Also a good ting to try is a local cat rescue see if they have a Mum who may be willing to take them on also PM Sarah at Sunny Harbour rescue she is the hand rearing queen or Angie at Cov Cats both are experts its at time like this I do Miss Aunty T :(
[/quote]

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 20:27:36 PM »
Take it you have them on Cimicat for feeding or equivalent

Also a good ting to try is a local cat rescue see if they have a Mum who may be willing to take them on also PM Sarah at Sunny Harbour rescue she is the hand rearing queen or Angie at Cov Cats both are experts its at time like this I do Miss Aunty T :(
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Help!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 20:24:18 PM »
Oh bless you for taking these babies in and giving them a chance.  I don't know anything about kittens I'm afraid but I have cross posted your thread into the general section in the hope more people will see it and respond.  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline jklm72

• Adult Cat
Help! Tiny kittens no mum.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 20:15:48 PM »
 Hello! I am currently looking after 3 orphaned kittens, they were found on Friday afternoon at my husbands work, unfortunately close by was the body of Mum who sadly had been knocked down and killed. I reckon the kittens are today about 5 days old, but could be completely wrong? (Umbilicals dropped off yesterday, eyes shut, ears standing slightly, crawling on tummies, etc) I am looking for any advice I can get please as I have never looked after kittens so young  :scared: I was worried on Friday that they wouldn't eat, today I'm worried they're eating too much! All weeing after most feeds but only 1 (the biggest) has had a poo? So worrying about that too! Thank you everybody in advance I really appreciate it :-) photo of one attached, I hope!
Julie.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 20:25:07 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »

Link to CatChat