Author Topic: Cheap Chicken coup needed for 6 rescue Chickens  (Read 4664 times)

Offline Fluffy

• Adult Cat
Re: Cheap Chicken coup needed for 6 rescue Chickens
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 19:39:40 PM »
Dawn, I don't want any money for them--so long as they're going to a good rescue centre then I'm happy for them to just be carted away.  Mind you, they might not be suitable--here's a photo of one of the houses a few weeks ago:

You shoudl be able to click on the photo to enlarge it, by the way--if you really want to see it to it's best effect!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 19:50:02 PM by Fluffy »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 19:16:57 PM »
I have a couple that could be used--only I'm in sheffield.  If that would help, email me.

Our chicken sheds are about 3 years old, and can fit up to about 10 big birds in each; we also have long runs (5m?) which can be put in front of the sheds so the birds can be let out safely.  The sheds should come apart if you're handy with a screwdriver.  You'll need something big to transport them in, though.

Ohhh fab  :)  Can you pm me a contact number so I can pass it on please?  Hopefully they will be able to get some transport sorted out.  How much would you like for them?

Thank you to everyone for their ideas, I will pass them on anyway just in case  :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 19:00:21 PM »
or preloved or admag.   Assuming of course Fluffy's coup is too far away.

http://www.preloved.co.uk/

http://www.ad-mag.co.uk/home/
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Fluffy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 17:06:32 PM »
I have a couple that could be used--only I'm in sheffield.  If that would help, email me.

Our chicken sheds are about 3 years old, and can fit up to about 10 big birds in each; we also have long runs (5m?) which can be put in front of the sheds so the birds can be let out safely.  The sheds should come apart if you're handy with a screwdriver.  You'll need something big to transport them in, though.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 16:03:12 PM »
If they are any good at DIY and they could find someone whose offering a free divan bed base, you just have to strip it down and then staple chicken wire to it, voila a run!

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 12:27:03 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:#

the mind boggles...chicken soup and rescue chicken on the same sentance  :rofl: :rofl:

just been having a look on ebay and some of the prices are shocking  :Crazy:

there are some cheaper tho but  what is it they need ?? the house and run or just a run ? a run would be very easily made for fraction of the price and also where are they ?? coz we have roups here at the local mart and thats the type of thing you'd pick up there cheap enough or we also have a paper called "scot ads" (i dont know if you might have something similar) but its just a paper full of folk selling stuff and again you'd see that type of thing in their.

failing that..make some chicken soup :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Cheap Chicken Coup needed for 6 rescue Chickens
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 11:01:07 AM »
sorry dawn i can help but have you looked on ebay ??

but i swear i read the thread title as cheap chicken SOUP needed for 6 rescue chickens  :rofl: (im still ill so will use that as my excuse)

I'll tell them to look on there  :thanks:

Lynn, your brain must work the same as mine, I received the email this morning and I read it the same  :-[  :rofl:  :rofl:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 11:01:38 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 10:59:44 AM »
sorry dawn i can help but have you looked on ebay ??

but i swear i read the thread title as cheap chicken SOUP needed for 6 rescue chickens  :rofl: (im still ill so will use that as my excuse)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Cheap Chicken coup needed for 6 rescue Chickens
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 10:47:54 AM »
Does anyone know of a chicken coup going at a reasonable price to sleep 6 rescue chickens? It is needed in the Cambridge area.  If anyone can help, can they pm me please or post on the thread.   :thanks:

Link to CatChat