Author Topic: Cheeky - a cat grieving for his owner now @ the Harbour - (HOMED!)  (Read 16894 times)

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Re: Cheeky - a cat grieving for his owner now @ the Harbour
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 11:12:58 AM »
yeah we think age is right just his exceptionally poor diet makes him look old and to be honest very unhealthy.

Modified to add - we also got confirmed details re age from his vet.

Although in the pic he looks to be a little tubby - which he is the vast majority of it is loose saggy skin drooping everywhere.  Poor boy.

We really feel for him but are doing everything we can to keep his spirits up - even if that does mean a daily stink out of the house of boiled fish!  :sick:

Desley - we have sworn by rescue remedy for years - always on hand! ;)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 11:15:00 AM by madkittyrescue »
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 11:11:22 AM »
Aww, poor baby. Cinnamon Trust use Rescue Remedy on all their animals that are grieving (whether it be for a human or animal companion) and it seems to work well for them, so might be worth a go for him? I do feel for the oldies, poor things.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 11:09:55 AM »
 :'( awwww the poor little fella, is he 10yrs, he looks older? this why we started adopting oldies in the first place because it breaks my heart to see them grieving - I do feel for him (he looks alot like our Schui did :Luv:)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 11:08:16 AM »
Aw that has made me cry  :'(

Gotta say, he hasn't done made on his diet  :evillaugh:

I hope he finds love again real soon xxx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 11:07:15 AM »
Poor little boy  :'(

I'm sure over time you will cheer him up and make him healthier with a proper diet.  :)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Cheeky - a cat grieving for his owner now @ the Harbour - (HOMED!)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 11:02:47 AM »
Thought we would introduce Cheeky to you all.  He came to us on Wednesday after his owner died suddenly at home on Monday of this week.

He has been an old lady's constant companion for 10 years and is utterly lost without her and it just breaks our heart to see him SO depressed and eyes so soul-less.

He has been an extremely pampered puss, though it has taken its toll on his appearance and health after a diet of Ham, Primula Cheese and Fresh Fish - no cat food whatsoever!   :doh:

Poor lad is just oh so lost but we are doing everything we can to keep his spirits up including boiling him fish which seems to be the ONLY thing we have got him to eat though that took 3 days as he just point blank refused to eat anything at all for the first few days he was here.

we finally got a faint purr out of him yesterday evening but the wee look of emptiness in his eyes just breaks our hearts. We hope we can do enough to let him want to go on and live a new life but we certainly can't force that out of him and for now he needs time to grieve I think.

more news as we have it..

« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 18:14:12 PM by Janeyk »
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Link to CatChat