Author Topic: Sky Needs a new home, Nottingham (HOMED)  (Read 20354 times)

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
Re: Sky Needs a new home, Nottingham (HOMED)
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2010, 17:33:04 PM »
I take antihistamines every day now which helps - today I forgot and by 11am wondered why I was struggling!  C'est la vie.  As long as the pills keep working I'll keep popping them!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2010, 11:24:58 AM »
She's sooooo beautiful  :Luv: She matches Mr hunky Robbie perfectly!  :Luv2:

Has your asthma settled down at all?

Offline Skully

• Adult Cat
    • Pirate Pixie Crew
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2010, 10:55:46 AM »
sootyca, she looks so well and settled in. You've got a scrummy cat there. I'm so glad to see she is so well cared for and loved!

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2010, 18:52:23 PM »
She looks so happy in her forever home :Luv: You have done a fabulous job with her, what a lucky girl :wow:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2010, 18:47:23 PM »
"Little" Sky is little no longer........she is so much like a part of the furniture now and is very relaxed around Robbie now. He is more cautious of her due to being bopped and sworn at a few times (she sometimes forgets she is a lady!).   Last night she was so hungry she crawled under his belly to get to the food - he just stood there and let her! So cute.  She plays a lot, sleeps even more and still strips wallpaper and doesn't cover up in the tray  :sick:.  Her favourite game so far is running at the cat cube and sliding across the floor with it.  ;D

But she is such an adorable loving little girl, anyone who comes round falls in love and my nephew and niece still want to take her home and swap her for one of theirs.   :rofl:

She is a "proper" cat as well - the only one I have ever had that loves to lie in front of the fire.   :Luv:

So, the most recent pictures from over the last month (including a picture of Ginger) - she is so sleek and fluffy now she is barely recognisable to the cat we first saw in this thread!

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sootica2000/20100429CatsApril2010#

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2010, 23:39:31 PM »
Glad she's settling - she's  :Luv2:.  I hope the asthma situation sorts itself out.  One of the vets at my practice is allergic to some cats - no particular breed and he can't predict which ones it will be.  My bridge baby Rosie was one of them and my SIL was also allergic to her but not to any other cat I've ever had. 

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2010, 20:55:53 PM »
She's progressed so much in a week it's unbelievable.  For the first few days she would jump on the furniture to be higher than Robbie and would swipe him if he was playing and got too close. Tonight he was playing with the cube and pushed it along the floor at her and she didn't even flinch.  Progress.  :)  Now, if we can get her covering in her litter tray we'll be perfect.

On the flip side, my asthma and various other allergies have flared up with her arrival.  It's strange, only certain cats seem to trigger me and Sky is one at the moment.  I'm sure everything will settle down in time though. It's not serious just snuffly and as long as I have inhaler handy I'm sure I'll survive!  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2010, 16:19:44 PM »
Lovely photos, she such a pretty girl  :Luv: I love how Robbie is casually sitting in a collapsed cube for the first few  :evillaugh:

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2010, 15:55:31 PM »
Those photos are excellent!! She looks so happy and settled  :Luv2:  her and Robbie look to make a great couple  :Luv2:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2010, 15:51:20 PM »
Glad things are improving and love the photos!  :Luv:  :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2010, 15:42:23 PM »
Well, Sky has been in our lives a week and things are still going well. Well, if you count uncovered litter tray offerings and wallpaper stripping going well..... :rofl:  Robbie and Sky are getting on okay, she is quite growly around food so they are supervised for meals.  If Robbie finishes first and moves to hers she gets a bit growly but she is quite happy to do the same to him so they need watching!  They are getting more relaxed around each other and are learning each other's boundaries.  The other day we had progress where they were sat on the same chair - Robbie on the back, her on the seat.  She was more cautious than him and wasn't fully relaxed but getting there. Today they were on the same bed within a paws length of each other so it won't be long before they are snuggling!  They are happy to play in the same room (though not with each other yet!)

She very much loves company and isn't happy if there is too much movement around the house. She's also a lazy bones and sleeps the day and night away with just small interuptions for play and food. Showing no signs of wanting to go outside which is great - I would worry she is too friendly and would go off with anyone.

Anyway, for anyone interested: 

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sootica2000/SkyFirstWeek#

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2010, 20:52:14 PM »
How's Sky getting on?  :see: :pic: :see: It's very hard to visualise  :evillaugh:

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2010, 15:29:39 PM »
Awww bless  :Luv2:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2010, 15:28:10 PM »
Nephew has been round again today as he loves how friendly she is!  Yep, they were in the same room overnight - it only ended up being for a few hours as I woke up at stupid o'clock and didn't get to bed until late.  If there had been any real problems during the day they'd have been kept separate. :)  So far we have only had hissing again from her so Robbie has accepted her completely, just waiting for her to realise he is no threat and we'll be sorted!

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2010, 11:22:29 AM »
Aww sounds to be going really well. Yeh she is very very effectionate, I think it's because she was deprived of it in the past :( She does settle with the clingyness as she settles in more. Was they in the night room together?

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2010, 11:19:04 AM »
I'm sure things will settle down, she sounds a very affectionate puss  :Luv:

Don't know if you've noticed but I've added Sky to our Roll of Honour: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,31316.0.html  :)

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2010, 11:09:53 AM »
Had a semi pain free night.  SKy settled into the night time routine of being kept in one room overnight. Robbie was very relieved to escape from the room this morning! Only had one almightly hiss and swipe at him this morning (well, he had the cheek to walk past her without looking at her!) so he isn't to happy with her this morning!  They've since had a sniff of each other and Robbie has settled to sleep in the conservatory.  She is trying to help me type this on the laptop.  She seems to have settled well but does want to be with someone all the time!

Robbie is still not responding to her provocation!

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2010, 09:24:49 AM »
:) How are the two puds this morning Karen?

:) :)

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2010, 09:18:31 AM »
 :) How are the two puds this morning Karen?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2010, 00:00:06 AM »
How relaxed are they in each others company! I have the feeling this is the start of a beautiful friendship  :Luv:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2010, 21:20:09 PM »
Great pictures for a first day! ;D

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2010, 21:01:47 PM »
I might pop out tomorrow and get a different litter tray or litter. She is scratching, it's just that she is scratching the plastic edges of the tray rather than the litter so she knows what she should be doing.  May just be with all the changes today she is tired or something.  Anyway, Lilly was a demon for leaving things uncovered which offended Robbie and he would go in and cover up after her so the same will probably happen if Sky doesn't get the hang of it.

She has done okay at sharing her favourite toy - Da Mouse will always bring out the worst in cats though but it is usually Robbie that gets possessive with it.  Must be on his best behaviour today!  We've had a good long play tonight, she hasn't worked out that the cat cubes can be fun but she's been after Da Mouse, laser, feathers, anything that dangles, the rug edges...currently trying to sleep on the bed but keeps getting distracted by any movement or noise as she doesn't seem fully relaxed and at home yet!  She's had a day of changes and is not in an unfamiliar environment so that's not really any surprise.

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2010, 20:49:41 PM »
Hmm she covered it here ok? Not sure what to suggest except try covering for her and see if she starts doing it again?

Ohh she loves that little toy, thats why I had to send it with her, she is very playful. Didnt really have to share toys here as my Joss isnt that into toys really.

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2010, 20:44:34 PM »
Aww fab photos. In this one she is doing the cowering postiin when she is uncertain if she is going to get pounded bless her http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sootica2000/SkyFirstDay#5450812494802001458

She looks to of settled right in and made herself at home bless her.  :Luv2:

That was when she was going in for Robbie's leftovers!   She's quite the possessive mousecatcher and has put Robbie in his place and chased him off his favourite toy. Still, he did steal the toy that she arrived with first!!!

Quick question - she seems to have trouble scratching the litter over her tray offerings!  She is scratching but is catching the side of the tray and not the litter. The tray is a large one (was covered but we took the lid of it as we thought that may have been the problem) and does have quite a deep covering of litter in it (and is clean) but for some reason she can't seem to scratch the litter.  Any ideas?

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2010, 20:38:20 PM »
Brilliant pics  ;D and both cats look fine for a first meet!

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2010, 20:26:13 PM »
Aww fab photos. In this one she is doing the cowering postiin when she is uncertain if she is going to get pounded bless her http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sootica2000/SkyFirstDay#5450812494802001458

She looks to of settled right in and made herself at home bless her.  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 20:28:16 PM by RACR »

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2010, 20:23:06 PM »
Hopefully this album will be available for everyone to look at!

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sootica2000/SkyFirstDay#

If not I'll resize and repost tomorrow!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2010, 19:58:06 PM »
Robbie de-bushed his tail and smelled her bum and decided she may be okay.

All is good  :evillaugh:
Glad you have her home

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2010, 18:01:16 PM »
:yayyy: Jealous! I think Sky is lovely.

Looking forward to settling in pictures. :) ;)

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
Re: Sky Needs a new home, Nottingham
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2010, 17:59:57 PM »
Well, the big day arrived. Made it to Nottingham quickly and safely but took ages to get home!  Sky wanted fussing all the way home and was very vocal with her demands! :rofl:

She was most relieved to get out of the cat carrier and quickly started making herself at home in the kitchen and lounge.  Robbie was asleep in the conservatory and hadn't realised there was another cat in the house. When he spotted her he came running to get in the main house - complete with bushed up tail.  They had a supervised sniff each others nose, Robbie de-bushed his tail and smelled her bum and decided she may be okay.  Since then he has been very calm, sniffed her a few more times and followed her around to see what she is up to.  She has hissed at him and growled a few times - no noticeable provocation, he was just looking at her. 

All in all it's gone very well - Robbie has been much better towards her than I thought he would be and she has put up with him quite well.  I do have one complaint though - I stocked up on her favourite biscuits......she won't eat them here!!!!  She wants Robbie's gourmet gold!

Pictures will be forthcoming, just need to switch to main computer from laptop.

Karen
x

Aww bless them.

Is the gorumet gold wet food or dry as she does best on dry, she will eat any dry but out of all tried here she would only eat the JWB white fish out of favour lol. maybe its a new food so she wants to try it? lol.

Cant wait for more updates and piccies. I am so sad to see her go, such a sweet little girl and playful..

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2010, 17:53:47 PM »
Soooo pleased for you both  :Luv:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2010, 17:49:16 PM »
 ;D That's great news! sounds good so far and I'm sure she'll be really happy with you  :Luv2:

look forward to photos  :wow:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 17:51:30 PM by Janeyk »

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2010, 17:41:50 PM »
Well, the big day arrived. Made it to Nottingham quickly and safely but took ages to get home!  Sky wanted fussing all the way home and was very vocal with her demands! :rofl:

She was most relieved to get out of the cat carrier and quickly started making herself at home in the kitchen and lounge.  Robbie was asleep in the conservatory and hadn't realised there was another cat in the house. When he spotted her he came running to get in the main house - complete with bushed up tail.  They had a supervised sniff each others nose, Robbie de-bushed his tail and smelled her bum and decided she may be okay.  Since then he has been very calm, sniffed her a few more times and followed her around to see what she is up to.  She has hissed at him and growled a few times - no noticeable provocation, he was just looking at her. 

All in all it's gone very well - Robbie has been much better towards her than I thought he would be and she has put up with him quite well.  I do have one complaint though - I stocked up on her favourite biscuits......she won't eat them here!!!!  She wants Robbie's gourmet gold!

Pictures will be forthcoming, just need to switch to main computer from laptop.

Karen
x

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2010, 13:21:34 PM »
as long as the camera is primed and ready to go ;)
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2010, 13:16:38 PM »
Two more sleeps to go!  Hopefully the chaos that is our house will have been resolved and we will be back to peace and quiet by then!  Who knew that having a new boiler put in would cause so much disruption.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2010, 23:17:50 PM »
:) ;D

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2010, 20:09:22 PM »
Congrats  ;D

Offline Skully

• Adult Cat
    • Pirate Pixie Crew
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2010, 18:04:24 PM »
Yippeee! I'm glad the gorgeous Sky now has a forever home.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2010, 18:03:10 PM »
 :wow:  that's great news, Sky will be really happy with you - and Robbie, I'm sure xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2010, 18:03:05 PM »
 :wooooo: :1st place:

She's a lucky girl  :) She reminds me of a female version of Riley so I may be biased but she is an absolute stunner  :Luv:

Link to CatChat