Author Topic: ARGGHHH!!!!  (Read 12793 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: ARGGHHH!!!!
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2010, 23:17:13 PM »
I've just seen your Facebook status - I'm so sorry, Julie.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2010, 23:08:49 PM »
No parent should live long enough to see their children die. I feel for her with all my heart ... :hug:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2010, 22:48:30 PM »
Thanks, BC.  :hug: :hug:

It was his mother's birthday today as well. She's 83. We think it will probably finish her off too.  :'(

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2010, 22:25:50 PM »
Sorry you lost your friend Julie  :hug: Good work with the cats though. He will be happy to know they are properly cared for ... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2010, 22:01:19 PM »
Gary passed away this evening.  :'(

Max and Rufus have now been signed over to CP.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2010, 10:15:02 AM »
So glad there is a happier ending to this story now, fingers crossed he makes a full recovery and can take them back.
Please spay your cat

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2010, 01:23:57 AM »
That's a very lovely offer, Ron.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Max and Rufus are staying in a private cattery for now (paid for by other friends) and we hope our friend Gary will be well enough to take them back. We are leaving any decisions about rehoming them until we know more about Gary's chances of recovery.  ;)

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2010, 00:11:05 AM »
I have homed 25 cats since Christmas and have room for at least 6 cats that are in need of help leveling room for local cats if anyone can get little homeless babes to me i am willing to help Ron

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 23:39:51 PM »
Puds now settled at the cattery. OH says they look scruffy but nothing a good grooming won't put right.  :)

I didn't know before but Max is a Grey Burmese!  :wow: Rufus is DSH pure white.  :Luv2: Will get pics after they've settled down in a few days.  :naughty:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 17:35:14 PM »
I really hope his improvement continues, Julie. :hug: :hug:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 14:32:44 PM »
Well at least she signed the letter... the son had said it would be much better in the long run if she would sign it - one less reason for her to have a tantrum.  :evillaugh: OH has now collected it so we're all set then.  :wow: They may have to come to ours for one night and stay in the bathroom as we hear the cattery is snowed bound. We shall know more latter.  ;)

I know that this woman having a history of mental issues entitles her to some sympathy (which we have tried to show), unfortunately our history with her has been quite difficult to say the least and Mother Teresa herself would have lost it with her.  :evillaugh: Not just over the cats issue but other things as well. Last week she called in an auction house to value Gary's collection of Gilbert and Sullivan memorabilia. We also had to cancell some double glazing she'd just signed up for as well as cancell a surprise parachute jumping weekend she'd booked for her and Gary over the internet for Gary's birthday in two months time. I will leave out the personal 'other issues' involving her lies and attempts to divide good friends as well and wreck marriages. There may also be a fraud investigation involving the deeds to the house.  :tired: I am used to dealing with depressed or excited people but I've NEVER known one that's such hard work.  :rofl: :rofl:

She was on the phone again last night spouting all kinds of rubbish as well as pleading with OH saying these cats are better off dead. She is also saying they have aggravated her Psoriasis... which is a new claim of hers that we've never heard her mention before.  :innocent: It's almost like she's using Gary's incapacity as a convenient time to 'get rid' of the cats and it feels like she's been waiting for this moment when Gary can't be consulted. OH got really firm saying that Gary had these cats before she and he met, so it's Gary choice about what happens to them. He put it to her that if she signed the cats were gone and one less thing for her to worry about.  ;)

The good news, BTW, is that Gary is showing positive signs of fighting. They are concerned about some movement issues but his blood pressure is now better than OH's.  :rofl: :rofl: We think he may even be up to recognising visitors soon but still some way off communicating. The kind of brain hemorrhage he had was the WORST one you can have and most patients don't make it to the hospital we are told... so we're hoping he's used up all his bad luck now.  :wish:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 13:17:45 PM »
Julie, I've been following this but not commenting (because I wasn't entirely sure what to say about said batty lady) but am soooo glad you got this outcome. And hurrah for that vets! ;D

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 11:24:54 AM »
Letter has now been done and OH is on his way to collect it. Puds will be collected at the end of the afternoon.  :)

Get this... cost for first vac (minus FeLV part as not really required just for now) for one pud - £19. That's at least a fiver cheaper than any of our vets.  :Crazy:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2010, 20:19:51 PM »
what a nice vet - glad the kitties are in good hands for the time being. Will give you time to concentrate on willing your friend to recover.

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 19:24:08 PM »
I liked the male vet but wasn't enamored of the woman there she'd get too impatient to explain things to me, havent seen her for a few years though.  They've always been expensive but good - They removed loads of fatty lumps from my baby cat at age 16 and she was fine  ;D

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 15:05:34 PM »
Brilliant news!

Thats my parents vets, i've seen a rescue bringing in a feral cat in a wire trap cage in the past  :)

Wow, small world!  :wow: I couldn't resist the plug as I was so impressed with his attitude. And I deal with a lot of vets!  :innocent:  We could do with him down here.  :evillaugh:

Trying to tie up ends. I will post pictures when we have them down here.  :)

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 14:15:59 PM »
Brilliant news!

Thats my parents vets, i've seen a rescue bringing in a feral cat in a wire trap cage in the past  :)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 13:13:57 PM »
Great news! well done  ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2010, 12:05:53 PM »
Great news Julie and well done  :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 11:45:03 AM »
what a great vet!

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 11:42:08 AM »
WE HAVE A RESULT!!!  :wow:  :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:

Managed to book a cattery until next week, then they will be going to Sharn.  ;)

Also... My personal award for VET OF THE YEAR goes to Allpets Vets, Catford.  :naughty: Just had a long conversation with the practice owner. He does indeed know Gary but has only ever had vague dealings with the batty wife.  :innocent: Here's the story.... she calls them up last Saturday in near hysterics claiming the cats are dying. He (knowing something of the family history) dispenses his vet nurse round to the house.  :sneaky: Cats are suffering from neglect but nowhere near popping their clogs. Vet nurse decides batty wife is in no fit state to care for the cats and removes them from premises and takes them into care. With me?  :yes:

He carries out various tests just to convince himself (and hopefully batty wife!) that these cats still have several happy years ahead. His own wife is a clinical psycologist and knows full well the condition the batty wife is suffering from and has told him she must NOT be allowed to make any decisions as she's not mentally competitant right now. Get this... the outstanding bill is not an issue!  :wow: He kind of knew it was going to be hard collecting the money and is prepared to write it off!  :star1: He just wants to give these cats a second chance of a happily ever after, either with Gary when he comes home or in a new home with people who will care for them properly. (I think I want to have his babies.  :evillaugh: ) He'd like to be kept informed of progress and know how the cats are getting on.  :briggin:

We only have formalities now of getting the son's permission in writing. This won't be a problem and I sure... and then we can bust them out!  :cheer: :cheer:

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 10:02:59 AM »
Would it help if i managed to ask Crawley CP who use a commerical cattery to find room for a wk for these 2 and then bring them down.. ? Its possible? They would need to be vac though as usual, as you would need to still pay the cattery costs..

Rosie deals with four catteries and sometimes does have room where we might not..
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 10:02:35 AM »
Lucky for the wife  I am not still living there - otherwise she would be the one in intensive care  >:(

Oh, believe me I'm ahead of the queue!  :evillaugh: I spoke with her yesterday morning and the nonsense coming out of her mouth isn't worth repeating. She is dead set on getting these cats PTS so that when Gary comes home they can adopt some of 'those adorable little kittens you foster'.  :Crazy: She'll have a long wait if she thinks she's getting any kittens from US.  >:(

Sharon, I will try Maureen but haven't actually spoken to her before, or never been there. Trouble is these cats are in a bit of a state with fleas (treatment takes a few days to kill them all) and one a known calicivirus carrier. I know Sharn can cope with that as she has an isolation pen but I think some other catteries might turn us away on the doorstep?  :scared:

• Super Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 09:56:28 AM »
Forgot to say i know that Margaret has a pen for boarders at FAW? Its not ideal again and she will ask for a donation. But we have helped her in the past it maybe that she is willing for a wk or so and also if you give her some of the food. Sometimes sadly we do have to pull in the favours.. Just a thought again She is in Faversham obviously not far from Boughton!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

• Super Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 09:54:35 AM »
Try the cattery near Animal House, Rainbows End or something like that. They are small but relatively unknown to many as they do not advertise much.. They have also helped us out on the rare occassion.. Have you by any chance thought about Maureen (!)?  Realise its not ideal...

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 09:47:51 AM »
Lucky for the wife  I am not still living there - otherwise she would be the one in intensive care  >:(

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 09:47:09 AM »
Got hold of Sharn. She's full owing to half term week. (we hadn't realised it was half term!) I would think ALL the local catteries are full as well.  :doh: I've booked a space from next thursday but still need somewhere to keep them until then. And worrying sick that all the time they sit in that vets they are at risk.  :( They will go potty in my bathroom... I'm running out of ideas.  :'(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 09:36:24 AM »
Thanks, Mark.  :hug:

It's Sharn I'm trying to get hold of but she's not answering my calls.  :shy: I guess she realises whenever I leave a message asking if she has space it always ends in tears.  :rofl: :rofl:

SHe never picks up the phone but usually returns calls. I know she has another number (she had a separate number for the cattery) Sharon might have it?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 08:31:04 AM »
Hi Julie you will have more success with Sharn if you ring early AM .  9ish.. am like.. As thats when you can almost guarantee she will be doing her daily rounds..  She is an early riser.

Good on you trying to save these cats, difficult when its further away. Do the vets understand the situtation and will e more relaxed on the payment plan.. How long have they been their to drum up such a bill? Considering nothing has been done to them it seems abit steep! One thing Maria mentioned to me a while back. The Cinammon Trust can help with situations like this but again its all to do with permission etc.. But Maria (HC officer) has dealings with this charity and knows about it.. But they have the resources to put into foster care for a period of time.. Not sure if thats any help at all but i thought i would mention it.. They do have a network of volunteers but i am not sure how quickly thiis can all be organised. Maybe worht a call just to suss it out and explain things...

Best of luck and well done for trying to help these kitties and your support for Gary.. Even if he may not know it
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 08:36:00 AM by Canterbury_cats (Sharon) »

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 23:15:06 PM »
Thanks, Mark.  :hug:

It's Sharn I'm trying to get hold of but she's not answering my calls.  :shy: I guess she realises whenever I leave a message asking if she has space it always ends in tears.  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 22:30:09 PM »
Sorry Julie just caught up with this - good luck  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 19:53:35 PM »
Hope all goes well, good luck xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 19:51:15 PM »
 :thanks:

Oh... if Gary did get better and come home to find his cats had been PTS, the shock and grief would polish him off for good!  :doh:

I'm stuck now because I can't get hold of the lady who runs the cattery I want to book.  :tired: I think she's gone on the razz for the day.  :rofl:

The latest news is these two cats have racked up a bill of £397 and no one in the family will pay.  >:( I can't afford to pay either.  :evillaugh: But every day they are there the bill goes up by £18 and they aren't receiving any kind of treatment, only boarding... so a cattery will be much cheaper if they share a double pen.  ;) The pals will club together to pay for a cattery for a month by which time we will know one way or another whether our friend is coming home.  :wish: It also hinges on whether I can get the vets to release them without payment in full.  :scared:

It's not like these cats are on their last legs - 1 is 11, the other 13. Both don't need any kind of regular meds although one is a calicivirus carrier and needs occasional treatment for flare ups of gingivitis. The big fly in the ointment is our pal's wife - half Russian, half Jewish, 100% manic depressive certifiable mad woman. The stress of Gary's illness has sent her brain rocketting into cuckoo land!  :innocent: She's convinced herself these cats are senile and need to go... they aren't senile at all! They just need a bit of TLC and a hug from their dad.  :'(

I've learned a lesson from all this... my vet is getting a letter of authority on file that my cats are NOT to be PTS unless on CP instructions. No matter how much family promise to take care of your pets if you get ill, the first thing lots of them do as soon as you are declared incapable is take your pets for PTS.  >:(

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 19:23:44 PM »
I with you all the way on this Julie  :hug: :hug:

What would your friend want??? - His cats to live and have a lovely home. Stay strong and fight -I'm behind you. OK it is only cyber space, but you are doing the right thing. Good Luck xxxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 14:27:04 PM »
what a nightmare - good luck

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
ARGGHHH!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 14:25:00 PM »
Ahum, excuse me but.....

:box: :box: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :angry phone: :angry phone: :bum: :bum: :duel: :duel: :boxer: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

That feels a bit better, but not much.  :tired:

Because of my links with CP, I have been dragged full square into a family battle and I'm trying to save the lives of my dear friend's cats. (Friend currently in ICU on life support following brain hemorrhage, cats currently in vets dumped by friend's wife under order of PTS.  :tired: )

I need a padded jacket but I'm not sure if it's for me or the pal's wife.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Link to CatChat