Author Topic: Please help us choose a Rescue to receive the funds from the Diary here  (Read 16532 times)

Offline Mogs

• Kitten
Re: Please help us choose a Rescue to receive the funds from the Diary here
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2007, 10:29:12 AM »
 Well done to Dawn - we have two cats who have been rescued and domesticated

Offline CattyChris

• Kitten
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2007, 10:18:19 AM »
Thanks for the lovely post Lainey  :hug:  It's true the animals are my life and I would, and do go without to give them the care they need.  I would love to win as life is difficult doing rescue as it is, and without funding it's even more difficult.  All the rescues do such a fantastic job and each deserve to win in their own right.   Good luck to everyone and lets hope lots more furbabes are saved because of this fantastic fundraiser  :hug:

Offline Francesa

• Kitten
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2007, 09:44:05 AM »
What a lovely idea, to raise money for rescues.  I'm new here, so I'm going to have a mooch around the site and decide who I should give my vote to!  Well done everyone.

Offline alexgirl73

• Adult Cat
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2007, 08:31:16 AM »
done my duty! ;D
A home without a cat is just a house!

Offline EmmaG

• Kitten
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2007, 08:27:32 AM »
voted :)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2007, 21:03:58 PM »
Support for all the rescues are very welcome. They all do such a fantastic job caring for the needy cats , so many cats have now a happy loving life thanks to them.

That's why it's so hard to choose cause they are all are so wonderful. Hopefully we will be able to support them all through the year, the rescue that gets chosen this time will be out of the next  big fundraiser. For each  big fundraiser we will do the same so each has a good chance of getting funds.  We have also started to support individual cats that are with rescues with our smaller fundraisers throught the year.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2007, 20:16:06 PM »
I agree with Laineys sentiments re Dawn, its nice to "meet" someone who at times has more cats than we do!  I helped bring one of Dawns babies the wonderful Bernie to Elaines and then moved to Aberdeenshire to ensure he was well looked after!

Dawn does all this from her own pocket and whilst we gave her a trap to help this would be very useful funds to Dawn and her feal babes

I'm biased as my ferals out number my domestics and all even the ones that don't like us and prefer the dog now have a good life here and are safe much like the ones dawn keeps on getting.

Everyone here in rescue deserves the funs but as she is a one person band with the whole feral population of Wales to deal with I vote she gets the dosh and perhaps we could have a summer auction to help the others - now back in work full time so will have money to burn by then!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2007, 20:06:53 PM »
Thanks for the lovely post Lainey  :hug:  It's true the animals are my life and I would, and do go without to give them the care they need.  I would love to win as life is difficult doing rescue as it is, and without funding it's even more difficult.  All the rescues do such a fantastic job and each deserve to win in their own right.   Good luck to everyone and lets hope lots more furbabes are saved because of this fantastic fundraiser  :hug:

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2007, 19:48:37 PM »
Just thought I'd add my tuppence worth.  There are many many excellent rescues here.  I went to Wales last year to lend a hand to put up a shed for Diddydawn, well I say lend a hand, what I really mean is I made O/H do the graft while I entertained myself with the kitties.  Dawn and her family were very welcoming and it felt like we had know eachother for years.  At that point she had recently taken in young Shelby, poor little brain damaged kitty.  What Dawn has done for that wee, fragile kitty is remarkable.  I do also have in my care a kitty that Dawn rehomed to me and he is a special and handsome fellow.
Come on every one Dawn really needs your support, everything she does is from her own pocket and I know for a fact she goes with out in order to care for so many animals.  They are her life and she cares to the detrement of her own health at times.  A lovely woman and a very deserving rescue.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2007, 19:36:00 PM »
=We maybe mad cat people but not sooo scary really :scared:  :rofl: ;)

Tan and Gill are scarey enough for all of us  :rofl:  :evillaugh:

Littlepig, thank you so much for your kind words......I'm glad I've been able to help, all the cats are gorgeous and it's been a pleasure meeting them all........even the naughty one's  :Crazy:

I will give your mum a ring tomorrow about "Father Cat" and hopefully he can come home on Saturday  :)

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 19:31:18 PM »
Hi Littlepig and Siou2 a warm  :welcome: to you both and  :thanks: very much for helping the rescues with your votes.  :Luv:

Feel free to have a look around and if you would like to post you are more than welcome. We maybe mad cat people but not sooo scary really :scared:  :rofl: ;)

Offline littlepig

• Kitten
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 19:27:58 PM »
Hi

I know Diddy Dawn from the Flintshire Rescue.  I live on a farm & there are several ferrel cats.  Dawn has, over the last 2 years been a tremendous help to the cats.  Most recently she has been here all hours of the day & night trying to catch 'father cat', who was injured two weeks ago.  Dawn caught him last Tuesday & has taken him to vets.  The vet said that he would have lost his life if he hadn't have been caught when he was.  

Thanks to Dawn the cat population here on the farm are now a happy unit due to her help in having them spayed & neutered.  I really recommend that Dawn wins, she really does care for the cats & all animals.  We don't know what we would do without her.  There should be more people like her who devotes their ALL to the rescue of ferrel cats.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 18:41:55 PM »
Hi VitBe
Welcome to Purrs and thankyou for those kind words, though I feel really embarassed that I have no idea who you are, Did you have a cat from me?

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007, 17:45:48 PM »
To all new members - Thanks for supporting cat rescues by voting.
To vote select one or two rescues by clicking in the circle next to their name and clicking on Submit vote button.
You will need to have posted at least once to be able to see the submit vote button.

We always welcome new members and love to hear about your cats esp with pics of them too so we can drool.  ;D  ;D  ;)
All cat rescues are very welcome too and we are glad to support you in any way we can.
 :thanks: :thanks:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 19:13:22 PM by Tan »

Offline VitBe

• Kitten
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2007, 17:37:56 PM »
Hi!

I visited Theresa's Paws Inn last year and was amazed at the quality of care she offers to so many cats and kittens. I'm not sure how she finds time to give them all so much attention but she is providing, in my book, a marvellous service.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2007, 16:45:03 PM »
 :welcome: Pat & Oscar Thanks for ya votes.  :)

Offline PAT

• Kitten
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 16:42:28 PM »
 :Crazy: This has to be me - its taken me most of the day to suss out what to do.  Now I would like, at last, to vote for Cat Rescue Flintshire.  Good luck guys.

Offline Mild Thing

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 13:07:33 PM »
Hi everyone! I know someone who has visited Teresa's Paws Inn and speaks very enthusiastically about the great work Teresa is doing. She gets my vote.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 12:08:01 PM »
 Hi Ali  :welcome:. Thanks for helping us choose a rescue to receive the diary funds. 
Of course ya very welcome to post about your cats if you like. We love to hear about any new cats from ones that have new forever homes to those babes in need of homes. 

Offline Ali-B

• Kitten
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 11:13:11 AM »
Hi There, Ali here, just posting and bumping up so I can vote......  :hug:
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 23:11:53 PM »
Forgot to meantion, all Rescues and fosters are allowed to vote as well and can have one of the votes to support themselfs. You are all very welcome encouraging your friends and other rescue staff  to vote also.  They will need to join and make one post on the forum so they can vote.  ;D

Ya still have till 10pm on Friday before voting closes.

We hope to help as a many rescues as we can, so any rescue that dosen't get these fuds will go in for the next fundraiser this year and each rescue chosen for each fundraiser, will be out of the next.  This will then be reset yearly.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 13:29:59 PM by Tan »

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 17:39:33 PM »
HI you need to make one post before you can vote so now that you have you can  ;D Thanks

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 15:08:57 PM »
I believe you have to have posted more times before you are allowed to, sorry  ;D

:welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Offline ash

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 14:44:56 PM »
Hi I am new here, am I not allowed to vote?

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 13:54:59 PM »
Hiya

We asked for all the rescues to put their name down or fosters to nominate their rescue to go into the vote and left it two weeks so all who wanted to  had time enter and we advertised this on the news on the front page and in threads.
I agree it's shame Wizz didn't enter. I do miss her as a member here, like all the others, she does a fantasic job caring for the cats.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Why is Wizz Cats rescue not on? I would've voted for her! ;D

(Apparantly I'm not concerned about confidentiality on my vote! :evillaugh:)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 13:27:04 PM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Bumping this so it can be seen from the homepage....

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Get voting all, good practice for 87 classes in the cat show  :rofl: :rofl:

It would be so lovely to have so much money that we could spread the money around all of them  but sadly we cant do that.

One of  these needy rescues will get all the dosh from the diary and its your democratic votes that will decide which.  ;D

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
  :bike: Come on Purrers!!!! Time to vote!   Your vote is :shoosh: so choose your two now! 

(Posting to bump to top) hee hee

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
I just voted for Coventry Cat Group (local) & Colchester Cat Rescue (I used to work in the town & have visited the sanctuary).

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
come on guys keep on voting  :shy: :shy: :shy:

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Done  I went for .................................................  :shify:   :) :) :) :)

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Just posting so this thread is seen from the homepage as the last thread.... Get voting  :wow:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Please help us choose a Rescue to receive the funds from the Diary here
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 22:05:37 PM »
Hi This is the poll to choose the Cat rescue who will receive the funds from our Purrs printed Diary fundraiser this year. :donate:   

This is the only way we can choose fairly.
They are all very deserving rescues saving and helping soo many cats and i know we would all love to give to all of them. But from one fundraiser, we don't make enough money to give a reasonable donation that will really help so we need to choose one rescue for each fundraiser we do on Purrs. :donate2:
Please see this thread for more info on the rescues listed http://www.chaptanservices.com/purrs/index.php?topic=2581.0

Please help us choose the rescue for this fundraiser by voting from the above list.  You have two votes per member.
All votes are confidential and you may see how the voting is going but only after you have voted.

The voting will close and the rescue announced on this thread at 10pm on Friday 30th March.

Thanke very much for your support.  :thanks: :hug:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 22:11:15 PM by Tan »

Link to CatChat