Author Topic: I have just joined here  (Read 2019 times)

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy Fuzzlebug.
Re: I have just joined here
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 11:46:00 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs!
Merv &
 :D: :A: :I: :S: :Y:
center]Please join the Purrs save a life draw - £2 a month is all it takes!
Help the rescues to help the cats in their care plus the chance to win £££  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,38217.0.html
[/center]
[img

Offline Lorraine Twyman

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 23:24:04 PM »
Hi all
Thanks for the welcome

My cats are on my website and yes I know Lotte
I met her when she first wanted to start breeding NFC's and admired her dedication and enthusiasm and she was not at all put off by some breeders out there who can be a bit - how can I say - harsh and judgemental

I always encouraged lotte and she made a good decision with her first imported cat from france - lovely  cat and pedigree - she will go far!

Offline LucynLuna

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 15:05:14 PM »

I really don't know much about different breeds of cats being an out and out plain old moggie lover myself, but they look absolutly georgeous, are they really all as big as some of those picture make out??  :wow:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 14:57:35 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Lorraine, glad you found us and decided to join in.  I'm guessing you already know Lottie?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 11:15:13 AM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: glad you found us and like the site.

Look forward to getting to know you and your furbabes better.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr, Rossi & Oliver xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 10:59:45 AM »
Welcome to Purrs

Lottie also has NFC's theya re just  :Luv2: - I have 46 cats - feral, domestic and my pedigree ragdoll and their pets the Clans two Border Collies Sunny and Sky
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 09:49:06 AM »
hi and welcome hope you enjoy it here its great fun - how many cats do you currently have?  I've got three rescues Amber, Oscar and Star and Tilly a bengal

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 03:04:11 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Lorraine......  :)

I love NFC's, what magnificant babes they are!  :Luv2:

Offline Lorraine Twyman

• Kitten
I have just joined here
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 00:48:58 AM »
Hi
My name is Lorraine
I am a breeder of Norwegian Forest Cats - a responsible one  ;)
I have recently found this forum and I have to say it is really good.
I have been involved in cat rescue and welfare for 30 years and its great to see so many like minded people in one place.
It breaks my heart to read some of the stories on here regarding cats that need homes and are abandoned etc.

Coming into breeding from recuing for many years it stood me in good stead. I have contracts that kitten owners have to sign and IF anyone has a change of circumstances or whatever the cats come back to us for rehoming. We also have a clause that if any of our bred babies are neglected we will reposees them through the courts if neccessary and I am pleased to say in 11 years all is well. We are in regular contact with all our kitten owners and we have made some lovely friends.

Why did I go into breeding the Norwegian Forest Cat after so many years in themoggie world - well it was a breed in danger of extinction not so many years ago - and being a natural breed rather than a cross of different pedigrees I wanted to preserve the original type cat and progress the old bloodlines further on which is what I do.
It is a very expensive hobby and if any breeder thinks they can make a quick buck - they are mistaken - if you breed correctly and not cut corners - put the resources into the cats it works well and is such an enjoyable hobby.
Many people want a companion for their kitten and I always advise a rescue centre for that rather than sell two kittens.

I hope I can be of some use on this forum  in help and advice and also I hope to donate a few things to raise fund etc.
I guess it will take me a little while to find my way around here so bear with me if I make an error or two here and there.

My website is
www.norgeskaukatt.co.uk if anyone wishes to know more about us.

Cats no matter what or where they are from have always been the largest part of my life and always will be - I will do anything for any cat in this world.
Love them to bits

Bye for now
Lorraine

Link to CatChat