Author Topic: Toby Blanket - 3yr old boy needs a special home - HOMED  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Toby Blanket - 3yr old boy needs a special home - HOMED
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 17:58:14 PM »
 ;D Crossposted from CC

I am delighted to say that Toby's special person fell in love with him yesterday and he now has his new forver home.

Be happy Toby Blanket xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Toby Blanket - 3yr old boy needs a special home
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 20:51:47 PM »
Sending out positive vibes for this lovely lad to be in his forever home soon!  :Luv2:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 14:12:15 PM »
Hope someone sees how wonderful Toby Blanket is and offers him a home very soon!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 13:08:11 PM »
poor toby :(

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 12:27:16 PM »
Positive homing vibes for poor little Toby  :Luv: he's lovely and I'm sure he'll do well in the right environment.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline bluex

• Adult Cat
Toby Blanket - 3yr old boy needs a special home - HOMED
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 12:23:51 PM »
Toby...also known as Toby Blanket as he is always hiding underneath them!

Toby came to us (RSPCA Stafford Wolverhampton) after he was found by an Inspector locked in a shed at an abandoned house.

Toby is very timid and hides under his blankets most of the time..if you can pursuade him to come out, as long as he is in his top pen and feels safe, he will be affectionate to you. When his food is put down he runs out hissing and spitting, however he has never swiped at or bitten anybody.

Basically Toby is a very frightened little boy, who we feel has probably had to fight for any food he has had and has never known when that food would be coming..so he now makes sure he frightens you off so you won't take it away from him.

Inside Toby is a very loving cat waiting to come out ..but he needs that special someone to show him how to trust and love again.

This how Toby explains it;

Hi my name’s Toby (AKA Toby Blanket) as at the moment I constantly hide under the blanket when anyone comes to see me.  I don’t mean to be scared but I’ve had a really bad experience where I was locked in a shed at an abandoned house.  It was really horrible and lonely for me, I had no food or water and it made me very nervous and scared, which makes me occasionally hiss but I don’t mean it.  I have never been a boy that has been pampered or loved and I’ve had to fight for my food otherwise I didn’t get any at all!

I’m only 3 years old so I am still young enough to be brought round with a little bit of special care and attention.  I’ve never known a loving home and dream one day that someone out there will give me a kind caring forever place to call my own.  I’ve never done anything to deserve the life I’ve had up to yet so could you see it your heart to take me in and love me the way I ought to be.

Deep down I know I can be an affectionate and faithful friend, but I will need a nice quiet home, with someone who can give me time and patience to build up my trust and confidence.

Please come and see me soon so I can find my purrs, I promise I will save them all for you.
Toby x

Toby needs someone who has patience, commitment and understanding to help him...could that be you?

Toby can be homed anywhere in the UK following a home visit, but you must be prepared to visit Toby at the cattery in Wolverhampton and be prepared to make any journey home comfortable for Toby to cope with.

If you are interested in Toby please email rspcasw@aol.com
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 17:58:47 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat