Author Topic: Anyone know anything about Aby's  (Read 4368 times)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Re: Anyone know anything about Aby's
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2007, 11:56:14 AM »
I have a toddler and he tends not to listen, running away etc,

I used to find that tying their hands and feet up and putting celotape across their mouths worked  :rofl:

ccmacey

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2007, 11:42:41 AM »
Just about to go now, its hard for me to take 2 cos I have a toddler and he tends not to listen, running away etc, but got the ohs parents here to watch him while I go.

Really nervous about what Lynn said could happen I see me passing out lol

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2007, 11:26:49 AM »
cc how did you get on at the vets - taking two together is no fun is it!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 13:22:48 PM »
I would love more and we have room and everything but I just think that because Star and Amber aren't exactly the best of friends adding someone else into the mix probably isn't a good idea!  They are getting better, they can actually now be in same room and lie down which is a big improvement, but I can't ever see us trusting them 100% to be left alone together.  I would love an Aby one day though!

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 13:21:46 PM »
 :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:
no no i got enough  :evillaugh:

i was getting so broody looking at the rgt website last night though  :'( :'(

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 13:19:29 PM »
wow 4 cats already..i thought i was bad enough with 3 mind you ive the muttleys aswell  :evillaugh:

I got 10 Lynn  :evillaugh:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 11:53:32 AM »
wow 4 cats already..i thought i was bad enough with 3 mind you ive the muttleys aswell  :evillaugh:

good luck with the vets tomorrow, is it their vaccination time ?

ccmacey

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 11:38:50 AM »
Yes folks I do have a cat with problems (Ollie and Mace at vets tomorrow). The kitten is for my mum, she already has 4 cats from 1 to 5 years old and she doesn't think they would accept an older cat.

She has been looking for a kitten from Christmas time and hasn't found the right 1, she would like a light tortie. I thought if I could possibly get her an Aby she would be over the moon as she loves the breed. But at those prices its not likely. She did have an Aby that came to her as a stray and she was devastated when she died, the cat had cancer and was with my mum for 6 months.

To all that are concerned I would only take a kitten for myself if it was a stray or nobody wanted it, and then it would probably end up at my mums. I'm not allowed any more cats and I also have a baby on the way so its out of the question.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 09:42:59 AM »
Sam, don't do this to me I'd love an Aby!!!!!  My head knows my limit is 4 but they are so cute!  I did contact a breeder after Algie died and for weeks after she kept  emailing pictures of cute Aby kittens, a cat pusher!!  Oh well I suppose there is no harm in looking!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 19:32:13 PM »
One thing worries me CC and hope I not confused you with someone else, I am sorry if i have, but I thought that you used PDSA for your cat with the mouth problems?

If this is right can you afford to take on another cat and pay for any medical treatment it may need?

Sorry if I am being a bit blunt here and no offence is intended.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 19:17:40 PM »
CC have you had a look at this site:  http://www.abychatcats.co.uk/

They have  ex breeding queens looking for a new home:  If you are interested in providing a good permanent home for a young retired Abyssinian ex Breed Queen - please contact me.  We may have a few aged 2- 5 years looking for new homes in 2007.  Please there will be a nominal charge to cover revaccination, spaying and microchipping.

They are based in York

I know nothing about the breeder so can't recommend but I'd say it's definatley worth a call.

Good luck :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 19:19:32 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 19:01:04 PM »
i agree gill
and i do love larger feline ears (i have to say that coz he's listening but it is true :rofl:)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 18:18:45 PM »
The ears on those kittens wow  ;D

I would imagine if the kittens with that parentage and if show quality will be around £600 or more now.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 16:50:08 PM »
If they can sell them that cheap i would think the breeder has cut some corners.

Is this the present for your mum? (I think it was CC who wanted a kitty for mum but wasnt sure about the homecheck. Il look for the post.)

Edit: found it  http://www.chaptanservices.com/purrs/index.php?topic=2511.msg39976#msg39976
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 17:05:03 PM by Millys Mum »

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 16:30:37 PM »
yes those kitties are stunners, she has a good website sam.

Just looking at them i can see a bit of their look in some laperm babes ive seen pics for since abys are a permitted outcross for permies since they have small gene pools (altho the permitted outcrosses will be getting less now i think as the genepool is getting better)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 16:23:16 PM »
Aw the kittens on that website are adorable, Sam!

I couldn't persuade you to go for a somali instead, could I cc?!!  (fluffy abys!)

http://www.stacym.freeserve.co.uk/Current%20Kittens.html

£200 sounds rather cheap even for a pet quality kitten tbh.  Pedigree prices vary from breed to breed (rare or harder to find breeds usually cost more than those that are more popular and for which there are more breeders).  I don't know about Abys in particiular but I would have thought prices would be similar to those for somalis as availablity seems to be about the same.  And somali prices start at about £350 for pet quality.  Show or breeding quality will cost more.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 16:02:43 PM »
that price wont be for good breeding stock.

yes i was going to ask bout the little one aswell..have you had his blood tests done yet ?

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 16:01:16 PM »
CC - Hows your cat with the Gingivitis ?

ccmacey

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 15:21:46 PM »
Sam Im in the north so Staffs too far away. I read on another Aby site that you pay less for a none breeder so how much would that be? Around? I have emailed a breeder in york, thats more near me.

Susanne Mosi is stunning.

Re macey pulling her hair out, its starting to grow back, she is at vets on fri.

Ive seen Abys going for £200- £250 I dont know if thats for breeding or not.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 15:05:52 PM »
I'm here :)

I can recommend an excellent breeder (she sold me my two little darlings) she also owns the first Imperial Grand Champion Abysssinian in the UK - Amun Ra!!!  All her cats live in a family environment and have the most wonderful temperments.

Her website is:  www.nishalka.co.uk  (check out the pics of the previous litter  :Luv: )  Contact for kittens - 01538 383880   email - nishalka.abyssinians@virgin.net.  The lady's name is Isobel Hansel and she is lovely. She is based in Leek, Staffordshire.

Can't advice on price I'm afraid as my two are now nearly 6 years old so I'm sure the price will have gone up but I paid £200 each.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 15:13:04 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 14:40:55 PM »
oooh I'd love an Aby cc, my boy Algie who I lost to a rta last year was an aby cross and was a sweetheart, he did like to wander though which I think is an Aby trait, I wish we had got the cat proofing before.....  How is your cat who was pulling hair out?

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 14:27:28 PM »
Sam has Abys so might be able to recommend a breeder but you could also look on the aby cat club website

http://www.abyssiniancatclub.com/Find_an_Aby.htm

Make sure you read gccf guidelines for breeders and those buying kittens too to make sure you know what to look for in a reputable breeder

edited to add - I'd guess the price of a pet quality Aby would be £300 - £400 as that's what somalis go for (long haired abys)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 14:33:25 PM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 14:20:09 PM »
Sam where are you?

ccmacey

Anyone know anything about Aby's
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 13:53:32 PM »
Hi all I'm looking for an Aby kitten and would like to know where some respectable breeders are, I'm in the north east but could travel if there is one near. I'm looking for a usual colour and have seen that the prices range if its for breeding purposes (which it wont be) or just if you want it for a pet. What is the costs if its wanted just for a pet, can anyone help me?

Sorry this post looks like an ad, lol.

Link to CatChat