Author Topic: Desperate for loving homes! - Southhampton (Homed)  (Read 1825 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Desperate for loving homes! - Southhampton (Homed)
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 17:42:52 PM »
 ;D Great news!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mumsy24

• Kitten
Re: Desperate for loving homes! - Southhampton
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 21:37:36 PM »
Hey, i totally forgot about this, i managed to rehome them to a lovely couple who are friends of the family  :)  after hearing from family about my situation theyve taken both on even the female as she is with plans on getting her spayed asap so i can pay them when i can afford to spare the money, and they dont have any desire to split them up even tho they are eachothers worst enemys at times  :shify:

I understand with the whole money crisis that rescues are going to be full which is why i looked down other routes of rehoming too, last thing i wanted was to place them into an already overfull rescue where they have enough to deal with.

thank you anyways  :hug: xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 16:51:45 PM »
Hi welcome to purrs, sorry you are having to rehome your cats, yes unfortunately everyone is very busy, the recession seems to have made things even harder for everyone - is there any chance you could get your girl spayed before rehoming her?  if money is an issue you should be able to get help from cats protection for all or some of the cost

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 16:51:16 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs,

Sorry to hear you are having to rehome you furbabes .... they are gorgeous.

I can't really offer any advice I'm afraid as I am a great beliver in allowing cats and babies to live togther.  I would however suggest getting Deeva spayed before allowing her to go to a new home .... this will not only calm her down it will stop her being used as a portential breeding maching and producing more unwanted kittens  :(

Have you had a look at this thread ... it might be of interest to you : http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,4836.0.html

also ... http://www.fabcats.org/behaviour/cats_babies/info.html
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 16:54:07 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mumsy24

• Kitten
Desperate for loving homes! - Southhampton (Homed)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 14:57:42 PM »
Hi, im a complete newbie to this board and i know its a rush but im seriously seekin help in rehoming my 2 cats.
Iv rung around nearly every place in southampton i can get a number for but no-one is taking cats in at the moment.

The story is... I have 2 cats 1 entire female (black and white) approx 1 and a half years and a snipped Male (Grey tabby)
Iv recently had a baby and with my best efforts all failed my cats have unfortunatly taking a disliking to something new in there
Territory the female - Deeva, was a skitty cat that i thought i wouldnt have problems with as shes a very soft natured cat
but shes taken too sleeping in the moses, cot and buggy with or without baby, i had some cat nets fitted to prevent this
behaviour but they failed.
My Male - Tyson, hasnt taken a disliking to the baby as such, hes more aggressive towards me and my 2 boys or shall i say any children
that come into my home, hes never been a kids cat but since i brought my girl home (3 weeks today) hes taken to lashing out
and going bonkers at any child that goes near him, more scarey is hes not just going for anywhere he can attack its always been around the kids
eyes.

Iv tried allsorts to correct them both by buying a new bed for them (this soon got torn to shreds) re-gaining tysons trust with the kids by
allowing them to give him treats, letting them "investigate" baby so they know shes not a threat.

my last resort now is admitting defeat and try finding them a more suitable enviroment, which is why im here.
If anyone can help me or point me in the right direction of somewhere taking in cats at the moment in the southampton
area or if anyones able to take on these 2 untill a home is available?

im osrry to bombard u with this essay but i dont want to seem like i have no good reason to give up my cats but i dont know
what else i can do as i cant choose between the cats or my children
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 17:43:37 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat