Author Topic: Found Entire Black Tom, Linton, Nr Swadlincote South Derbyshire  (Read 4744 times)

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
Re: Found Entire Black Tom, Linton, Nr Swadlincote South Derbyshire
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 19:34:01 PM »

Hi, I Was just taking a look through national pet register when i came across this ad for a lost black tom and remembered seeing your post earlier, It doesn't say if he is entire or not but does mention that he has a noticeble nick out out of his right ear???
Anyway, here is the add if you want to get in touch with the people who placed the ad just incase it sounds like the Tom you have, there is a pic too:

http://www.nationalpetregister.net/mp/19140.htm

best of luck with getting him reunited with his owners x

Thanks for that, I have seen that ad and at first thought it was him, but he has all of his ears and is entire. This lad has brown eyes, I am struggling to remember the colour of Jasper's eyes. I have it in my head they were green, but then again there are that many cats that have come and go this year they are all merging into one. Either way he is better off without his appendages. He had been booked in for next Tuesday.

Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 13:45:25 PM »
 :crossed: that this is the same cat!  :wow: ;) :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 07:24:10 AM »
Fingers crossed he is the one.

Dabs - we had one like that. The year before last, I was picking up 2 strays from different places in Canterbury and taking them the the vet 2 miles away in Herne Bay. I had a metal carrier and a plastic one.  Got one into the vet, went back to the car for the other one. When I was 2 doors away from the vet, the cat decided to escape - amazing how strong cats can be when they are determined  :scared: - anyway, despite Julie (Pinkbear) & myself searching & leafleting, there was no sign of the cat. About a year later, we had a call from an old man in the same block as the vet saying that he had been feeding a stray. I am convinced it was the same one that escaped.

I won't use plastic carriers since then  :scared:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline mcog

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 01:43:27 AM »

Hi, I Was just taking a look through national pet register when i came across this ad for a lost black tom and remembered seeing your post earlier, It doesn't say if he is entire or not but does mention that he has a noticeble nick out out of his right ear???
Anyway, here is the add if you want to get in touch with the people who placed the ad just incase it sounds like the Tom you have, there is a pic too:

http://www.nationalpetregister.net/mp/19140.htm

best of luck with getting him reunited with his owners x

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 21:11:44 PM »
I take it he will be leaving a present (or two) with the vet rather than gaining one ;)

Yep, don't think that they will be gift wrapped though!

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 21:02:12 PM »
I take it he will be leaving a present (or two) with the vet rather than gaining one ;)
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
Found Entire Black Tom, Linton, Nr Swadlincote South Derbyshire
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 20:49:55 PM »
Wy do they always make their way to my door?

Anyway, yet another entire Tom. About 18 months old, failry good condition, brown eyes. Trying to make up my mind if it is one of my fosters that did a runner after only one night about 12 months ago/

If not claimed will be off to the vets next week for an early Xmas pressie!

Link to CatChat