Author Topic: LOST cat edinburgh/leith/ easter road area!  (Read 8677 times)

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Re: LOST cat edinburgh/leith/ easter road area!
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 22:25:31 PM »
Living in Edinburgh myself I know what a busy area Easter Road and Leith are, for people and traffic :scared: Very easy for kitty to get disorientated, lost and possibly worse. I really hope she shows up. :(

I would contact EDCH (Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home) as they are down in Seafield so the closest rescue she would possibly end up in. There's also a cat charity shop on Easter Road, I forget which one, get in there with details and a poster.

I live off Leith Walk, opposite side to Easter Road but will keep my eyes peeled when I'm out and about. Lastly, I'll pop it on my status on Facebook for you.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 21:01:57 PM »
Hi and  :welcome:,

The main piece of advice I would give your neighbours is posters, posters, posters and little notes through every letter box your can find.  Even if people just pick up the note and through it away they will have looked at the picture. 

:hug: :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 16:59:18 PM »
So sorry your friend has lost her lovely cat, hopefully she will be home very soon xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 14:59:22 PM »
I am so sorry to hear about the missing kitty she looks lovely  :hug:

We dont usually allow tree ads on here but as this one is in a good cause will make an exception for this one  :hug:http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,305.0.html

Here is the list of things we suggest to find a lost cat:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,305.0.html

I hope she is found very soon.

Offline jecca

• Adult Cat
LOST cat edinburgh/leith/ easter road area!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 14:36:22 PM »
hi there, im doing this post on behalf of my neighbours, they are missing their little cat jager. shes been missing since wednesday 24th march.

shes a tortiose shell (ginger,black and white) shes quite small for her age, no collar, not chipped either. shes a very shy wee cat so dont approach her if seen, she will just run away.

theyr really upset and worried about her :(, so please if anyone has seen her or does see her please get intouch! here is the link to theyr gumtree ad, please have a wee look!!

thanks guys!

Edit ~ Link to Guntree site removed - Please contact Jecca for information. Thanks

Reason for edit~
Hiya Jecca hun.  :hug: I so hope little Jager is found  she sound wonderful  :hug:

Sadly cause any of the free-ad sites allowing animal adverts are generally not good for the animals involved, we try to steer people away from using these sites for animals (both as ad posters and as responders). With the sort of private deals these sites encourage, there are little or no controls over the homes or health of the animal. We know from  wonderful members here that some cases will be truly genuine, but sadly alot of back street breeders use these sites.  :( Therefore, We prefer not to have active links to any of the free ad sites in our posts and to steer people towards seeking help from a rescue centre instead.  :)  In addition the active links unwittingly advertises the site in question and makes them higher on google searches etc when they really shouldn't be allowed to 'sell' animals for the animals own safety. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 18:49:40 PM by Tan »
cats arent for crimbo theyr for life:) *taz and pooka*

Link to CatChat