Author Topic: Auction Message from Sunny Harbour To You All  (Read 3240 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Auction Message from Sunny Harbour To You All
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2009, 10:22:24 AM »
 ;D Sound great ideas and was a pleasure to help you and kitties after all the hard work you do  :hug:   good luck with the ferals!  :Luv:

I remember lots of kitties you have rescued and it's lovely to hear about Smudge too   :Luv2: :Luv2:

hope you all have a happy Christmas   :hug:

:xmas 4:

Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2009, 10:06:40 AM »
thank you so much guys.  We are so happy that you are all in agreement with our decision for part of the funds. We just felt it was so important that we thought ahead and put all your hard work, generosity and kindness to best use.

Obviously the extra will boost the funds for now though with the feral colony we are currently trying to help this will come in very handy with all the extra food we are going through to make sure they have full bellies over the winter with a view to a TNR throughout the year... as it is going to be a project that will take us months rather than weeks to clear.  (portacabin post shows scale of the area for li'l ol us!)

All we can say is a very heartfelt thank you to you all.   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 22:46:35 PM »
Thats great news and a wonderful way to use the funds -these kitties are so lucky that come into the Purrs rescues to get a better chance in life. :hug: :hug:
Smudge is a very handsome boy  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 22:45:15 PM »
Ya know hun this is why we are here, this is what Purrs is about,  it's because of you wonderful rescues cause without you, so many little ones would not be loved and saved.

You are our stars and heros, all of you, and always in my heart.  The courage, the care, the love from all of you rescues to help the needy babes is something i will always always admire. I am soooo proud to know you all.

:hug: :thanks: :hug:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 22:41:23 PM »
That's fantastic hun  ;D  :Luv:

So wonderful to hear of Smudge oviosly so loved and cared for all thanks to you and Paul.  :hug: :hug: :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Oh Sarah & Paul........... there's another surprize coming your way ..... i have pm'd you  ;) :wow: ;D

All my love and very best are with you all , Have a fantastic xmas hunnies
 :Luv:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 18:37:26 PM »
What wonderful plans you have for the funds Sarah ... I'm so pleased we were able to help you help the kitties.

Wishing you, Paul and all the furbabes in your care a Very Happy Christmas and Wonderful New Year  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 18:22:49 PM »
They sound like great ideas Sarah and it makes me so happy that the Auction money is going to help so much.  Great big hugs to you and Paul for all that you do for these little ones xxx

Wishing everyone at Sunny Harbour a fantastic Christmas and a wonderful 2010 xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 18:14:29 PM »
Sarah it will give you great enjoyment to spend the money on your wonderful ideas - handy husbands are in short supply I think we are both lucky we have one each!

I to must come for a kidnapping sorry visit to you at teh harbour afterall you came to us us at the Clan this year - can't guarrentee that I will leave empty pawed though! :innocent:

So from all here at the Clan to all at the Harbour may you have a peaceful time with your crew and any new additionswho you can show the true meaning of Christmas

Spider is still on my trapping list!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 14:39:39 PM »
Thank you guys :hug:

Now I have a car I'm hoping to hop over the bridge at some point and visit you all at Sunny Harbour :Luv:

Oh you definitely must come visit if you get the chance.  I'm very sure we can muster up a cuppa and some biccies for you too :)

There will be a plentiful supply of cat cuddles as well. :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 14:22:04 PM »
fabulash ideas and henry looks just great, a big hunk  ;D

i wish you and paul and all tjhe cats a great christmas  ;D ;D

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 14:19:16 PM »
So pleased you have great ideas on how to allocate the funds, they sound excellent, and no doubt will help you no end  :hug: xxx

Lovely pic of Henry/Smudge as well, its lovely to see them doing well  :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 14:04:39 PM »
They sound like wonderful ideas,  what lovely people you and Paul are  :hug: :hug:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 13:37:49 PM »
I think it will be a fabulous use of funds and a better use of the money you couldn't find :Luv2:

Now I have a car I'm hoping to hop over the bridge at some point and visit you all at Sunny Harbour :Luv:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 12:39:52 PM »
It's lovely to hear that the money raised will be put to such good use, not that it was ever in doubt  :)

hear hear !!!

;D
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 12:15:10 PM »
It's lovely to hear that the money raised will be put to such good use, not that it was ever in doubt  :)

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
Auction Message from Sunny Harbour To You All
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 10:37:02 AM »
Dear Friends from Purrs

All of us 4 legged and 2 (paul and I) wanted to say a very special THANK YOU to you all for the hard work, support and donations and bids in this years Auction which will help the Sunny Harbour Babies SO SO much.

From the bottom of our hearts we are truly touched by the support everyone has shown for the auction and of course for the very hard work put in by Tan, Gill, Hannah and everyone else behind the scenes that did their bit to help.

As most of you know we formed Sunny Harbour as it was our passion. We love what we do for the cats. We love helping these scared, abandoned love lost little souls and showing them what it is to love and play again and to be happy and safe.  It is something that we feel is our calling to do and so far, anyways, we seem to be doing OK.

Since the 5th Jan this year (09) we have come to the aid of 104 little souls who have needed our help. We have nurtured them and given them love and understanding in the hope of finding a new loving home and it just makes us smile from ear to ear to see them happy in their new homes.

One such soul is little Henry (now known as Smudge)  – do you remember him?

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,21955.0.html

Well I received a letter this morning and I am just brimming with happiness after finding this;

“Dear Sarah & Paul

Smudge the first time I groomed him on my knee. He is much more relaxed now and lies in my arms like a baby”

We believed in Henry and I always knew that deep down Henry has it in him to be a very loving, sweet and trusting little cat and we are so so happy that we gave him that chance to be a cat again.

He is one little soul who had we not believed in him and came to his aid would currently be wandering around in woods in the middle of nowhere lost and still very very afraid.  This is what makes what we do worthwhile and keeps us trudging on despite the heartache and pain of losing little souls such as Colby, Joey and Monday.

With the continued support of all our friends on Purrs and the money from the auction we can continue to come to the aid of even more of these lost souls in the hope of finding them their purrfect forever home where they can live safe and loved for the rest of their lives.

Something that was important for Paul & I was to be able to use at least some of the funds raised from the auction to give a lasting legacy for future charges of Sunny Harbour.

Therefore what we would like to do and we hope that this will be met with your approval is;

At the current time we have 6 main pens for cats in our care and over the last 6 months we have also had to have in rotation between 3 and 5 transit pens in our “Cat Ward”  (aptly named by one of our supporters!).

The first thing we would like to do is to build another 3 of these custom pens to give us the capacity for 3 more cats to have more room and better accommodation whilst they live with us in the search for their new home. These pens are custom built by Paul (thank you dear) so we simply need to purchase the frame and extra materials to do so.

The 2nd option we would like to implement is the purchase of an ICU for cats / kittens. This is very much a “dream item” and not something that we could otherwise afford. Having spoken with others who use these units, looked at our case load this last 18mths and researched it thoroughly we would like to purchase a unit which will cost in the region of £500 - 600 and this will help so many of our charges, if the last year is to go anything by, and it will help them year on year on year and we felt a lasting legacy from the auction for the cats and kittens of Sunny Harbour.

We have thought very carefully and long and hard about how best to put these funds to use and we feel that the options above a) are a fitting legacy to all your hard work and support and b) will most benefit the cats and kittens who rely on The Harbour!

We hope that you will agree and we can assure you that every penny will benefit the little one’s and will help them in more ways that you could possibly know.

Paul, myself and all of our furry friends at Sunny Harbour give you our very sincere thanks and wish each and every one of your and your families and furbabes a very very Happy Xmas.

Link to CatChat