Author Topic: Rescues in Essex  (Read 4335 times)

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
Re: Rescues in Essex
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 14:16:40 PM »
I dont know where abouts in Essex you are, but sometime we have indoor cats looking for new homes. We are based in Epping Essex.

Have a look at some of the cats that are available at www.chestnutcatsanctuary.co.uk

Thank you,  :thanks:

I had already looked at your website as one of my colleagues does some fundraising for you,

Offline shinney

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 13:44:41 PM »
I dont know where abouts in Essex you are, but sometime we have indoor cats looking for new homes. We are based in Epping Essex.

Have a look at some of the cats that are available at www.chestnutcatsanctuary.co.uk

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 11:23:22 AM »
I have pm you good luck let us know how it goes

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 11:00:50 AM »
I am talking about a ped rescue like www.ukrcc.co.uk that rehomes ragdolls have a look and phone Helen if you are interested. Also I know a few other pred rescues if you are interested.

Thank you  :thanks:

I am interested if you could let me have the details that would be great,

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 10:26:58 AM »
I am talking about a ped rescue like www.ukrcc.co.uk that rehomes ragdolls have a look and phone Helen if you are interested. Also I know a few other pred rescues if you are interested.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 09:47:45 AM »
Have you thought about a ped cat as most ped rescues don't like there cats to go out at all. Also most bring the cat to you so they can see it in its new home.

Thanks for your reply.

We have thought about it but the only thing that puts me off is the cost and also there are so many cats in rescure that need homes, think if we had to we'd go down that route though,

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 08:57:30 AM »
Have you thought about a ped cat as most ped rescues don't like there cats to go out at all. Also most bring the cat to you so they can see it in its new home.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 12:34:53 PM »
http://www.catchat.org/adoption/essex.html Try here  :)

Did the place Jess came from just refuse to home a youngster with you?
We dont tend to home kittens as indoor as you never know if they are going to accpet it when older. Recently took in a 7 month old who was destroying the house being kept as an indoor, so we rehomed her with outdoor access and shes fine.

All rescues at some point get special needs cats who need indoor homes, be it deafness or because they have a high theft risk.

Thanks Milly's Mum, I've been looking on there for a long time.

Our main problem is that we don't drive and where we got Jess from isn't near to us at all, it cost us over £50 in taxi's which I don't mind but if we could go more local then I would, but I guess at the end of the day as long as its the right cat thats all that matters.

Where we got Jess from haven't refused but 3 others have.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 12:24:08 PM »
http://www.catchat.org/adoption/essex.html Try here  :)

Did the place Jess came from just refuse to home a youngster with you?
We dont tend to home kittens as indoor as you never know if they are going to accpet it when older. Recently took in a 7 month old who was destroying the house being kept as an indoor, so we rehomed her with outdoor access and shes fine.

All rescues at some point get special needs cats who need indoor homes, be it deafness or because they have a high theft risk.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
Rescues in Essex
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 10:53:08 AM »
Can anyone help me, as per my other thread in general cat chat, we're looking for another puddy cat. Possibly a kitten, they would be an indoor cat along with Jess, but any rescues I've contacted said they wouldn't be happy rehoming a cat or kitten as an indoor cat.

Anyone have any recommendations??

:thanks:

Link to CatChat