Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 2463 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 21:49:17 PM »
cant believe i only just found this thread  :rofl:

lucy got in touch with me through the hovel and said neil posted here but i only just found it..DOH...

lovely pic of the grown up miss milly.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 16:49:57 PM »
Good to hear that Milly is OK, was getting a bit worried and you had all been reported as missing!  I saw your name pop up as registered and was waiting for a post in General which is where most of the activity is, glad you found your way here OK  :welcome:

I love the way her ear is squashed by the collar in that pic for maximum sympathy!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 14:39:44 PM »
 :welcome: Lucy and Neil......grrrrrrrrr should be i before e except in Neil  :rofl:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 19:16:42 PM »
Glad you got here at last - your ears must have been burning 'cos you've been mentioned as missing!

Offline lucyandneil

• Kitten
Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 20:12:16 PM »
Hello you lot!

We're here, took a little while to find the right place (Lucy was holding the map upside down) but we've arrived safely.

Just in case anybody hasn't read our update of little Milly's run in with the vet, here goes....

She was spayed Thursday morning. Operation went smoothly, and she was picked up Thursday afternoon. Nurse informed use that if she did bite her stitches, we could go to the nearest branch (which supposedly opened at 5pm) and get a collar. So....as soon as we got home, Milly went beserk and started to bite her stitches out. Great  >:( So we waited until 5pm for the nearest vet to open and called them. No reply.  So we called the other branch (where she was actually spayed, but 30 minutes from our house) who said they'd get a collar ready, and the branch closest to us was actually closed today  :censored: So I whizzed over, got the collar and came home. Lucy was on Milly duty, trying to stop her biting her stitches.

When I arrived home, I tried putting the collar on Milly. She was having none of it. And I guess you can't blame her. I wouldn't want one of those damn things on my head. So after chasing her around the room for 10 minutes or so, we decided to call a completely different vets, so they could help us out and put the collar on for us.

So down we went, Milly in her basket, still tugging on her stitches. The vet took a quick look at ther and said that she'd already pulled one of them out completely. Either we wait until tomorrow and have our original vet stitch it back up, or the new vet would take her overnight, stitch it back up and put a collar on her. We decided to let them take her as we knew we wouldn't get any sleep worrying about Milly. As it happens Lucy didn't get any sleep at all. She was very upset about the whole thing, and was worried that Milly wasn't being treated with the proper care i.e. she wasn't receiving strokes every 7 seconds, and wasn't eating organic scottish salmon for tea.

Anyway, I picked her up the next day. She looked a right sight with her collar on. When I let her out in the living room, she went nuts. Running into the walls, table legs an eventually hiding behind the telly. It was rather amusing at first, but she was going to do herself some damage if she continued. So I put her into one of our spare rooms, with a nice soft futon for her to sleep on, and no obstacles for her to collide with.

Fast forward a couple of days, and Milly is pretty much back to herself. Albeit with that ridiculous collar on. She was sleepy for the first couple of days, but has livened up now. She did have a high temparature at the first check up with the vet, but this was fine on the second visit to the vet (although she scratched me when I was holding her for the vet to put a thermometer up her bottom, again, can't blame her).

So we now have a happy kitten again. Stitches and collar come out/off on Monday.

Phew. Excuse the longness.  :Crazy: <----Loving these by the way!

And a big  :thanks: for all who have given us kind words and support.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat