Author Topic: Homes needed for 2 x 13 yr old cats - 1 diabetic. Can be homed seperately (Fife)  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Ok thanks I'll move this, if they get in touch again just let me know and I'll move it back.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
take it off Janey... I'd forgotten all about it.... contact with owner fizzled out.
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Did this one get sorted?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Hi guys,

Just putting out the feelers as we have had a chap in touch who is living in cramped accommodation and his partner is due a baby in the next month or two and they feel the flat is going to be far too cramped for them all.

Although 13 years of age 1 of them is fit and healthy however the other is diabetic.  diabetes is stable and he is on twice daily injections and special diet.  The current owner has said that they may be able to make arrangements to help with the cost of veterinary treatment for the diabetes so as not passing the financial burden onto someone else.

For the time being they have agreed to keep the cats with them to reduce stress so as not to risk any upset to the diabetic cat.  The owner is very reluctant to give the cats up and we are doing everything we can to help him find new homes.  Pages will be live on our website today with more details on this duo.

If you feel you could help or know someone who could take on these little one's then please contact me.   They do not have to be homed together as they are not close.
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Link to CatChat