Author Topic: Home Needed for 2 lovely male cats. Getting desperate (Homed)  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Home Needed for 2 lovely male cats. Getting desperate (Homed)
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 13:17:51 PM »
Really pleased to hear things are sorted  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sammysdct

• Kitten
Re: Home Needed for 2 lovely male cats. Getting desperate
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 13:15:26 PM »
I don't believe it, my two boys have got a home.  ;D

I had a load of friends who were cat lovers in college & whose judgement I trust & I've been trying everyone to ask round for me. Well one of them came up trumps.

They are now living in another ground floor flat, in a quiet area, with a lady called Sam like me (Weird huh), who had to give her cat away 9 years ago due to medical reasons. Now that her little boy is older, she is in position to have cats again. Not only that but judging by the looks of her cat TV (AKA fish tank) she takes the care of her animals really seriously. I trust the friend who recommended them to me as they have helped house strays that they have found before.

I am sooo relieved & happy for my boys. I'm gonna miss them like heck, but I keep reminding myself that it will be better for them in the long run, as they will have the freedom they were used to having before my little girl came along & all the time in the world for playing & fussing.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 08:24:20 AM »
Best of luck finding homes xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 10:59:51 AM »
Hope someone can help soon.  :hug: Welcome to Purrs. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 10:34:15 AM »
Good morning and   :welcome:  to Purrs

Sorry to welcome you under such distressing circumstances

I am sorry that you cannot keep your cats - hope you are successful in finding a home for them

Have you checked the local rescues in your area?  It would be helpful if you could put their names on a rescues waiting list.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Sammysdct

• Kitten
Home Needed for 2 lovely male cats. Getting desperate (Homed)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 09:59:54 AM »
Hello,

Unfortunately yet another person with my 4 month old baby girl allergic to my 2 cats.

Life has become very difficult as we are only in a 1 bed ground floor flat. The cats have figured away around every device we have used to keep them out of her room as the catch on the door does not fit the frame. The are also very adept at getting through the window if I leave it the tiniest bit open. I pooh-poohed all the people who told me you can't have baby & cats, determined to keep mine, but now I'm getting desperate. I'm sure all the stress is a contributing factor in my PND.

The problem is made worse as a new cat has moved into the area and taken over the communal car park in our flats. One of my cats is terrified to go out & has lost some weight & condition.

Please help as there is no peace for my cats indoors (where I constantly have to chase them off of things they shouldn't be on), or outside where they are chased away by new cat. Also I am really concerned for the health of my little girl & just don't know what to do.

They do not need to be homed together as they are not very close. This photo is about the only occasion they have sat together.

Ebony the black cat is approx 6 years old. Scruffy, the black & white is approx 3 years old. He has the cutest little white "cotton bud tip" on the end of his tail. Not visible in photo.

Scruffy would suit nearly any home, being bold playful & very affectionate.

Ebony is more timid, but once you have brought him out of his shell, he will sit on your lap for a fuss & is very loving.

I live in Thurrock, but will be willing to travel any distance reasonable for them for the right home.

They are both litter trained, neutered, vaccinated till December & microchipped.

Really hoping someone can help me, as I hate seeing my 2 boys so unhappy. Not to mention my little baby girl so irritated all the time.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 13:18:13 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat