Author Topic: How much cat fud do ya waste??  (Read 10057 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: How much cat fud do ya waste??
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 23:51:42 PM »
Fussy eater's here, they all love something new though...Then it quickly goes out of fashion!  :tired:

Loads of wet, no dry is ever wasted!

Blackie is quite good and does not turn much food away....So I think you would defo call the rest spoilt for choice!  :shocked:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 23:39:06 PM »
My lot do have one strange habit though. They have two food bowls, identical and about a foot apart. If one is full but it is not the bowl that cat normally eats from then I get a hard stare because their own bowl is empty. They will sit and stare at me as if they are starving, despite there being food right beside them. Now that is really weird!! :Crazy:

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 23:20:49 PM »
No waste  as Mia's a little gannet and eats everything thats put under her nose (and her poor brothers he's too slow).

We have the Whiskas temptations locked in the cupboard but i didnt shut the door last night properly and  this morning there was a empty temptations box covered in Mia's teeth marks  :tired:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 20:23:27 PM by Zenith »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 22:55:44 PM »
I must throw away 8 - 12 pouches a day  :Crazy:

Most of the waste is Clapton as if he has decided he won't eat something, that is it, end of  :tired: - OH says let him have whatever he likes and stop moaning  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 22:50:48 PM »
very fussy eaters here and its the birmans. i throw mote food away than is eaten. neither will eat lumps and jelly lick. I have started them ob gouremt gold pate and they only like  the ocean fish and turkeys ones but franta wasnt eating them either so he is licking the white sauce of the gourmert solitaire chicken which is hideously expensive.

I thought they were doing quite well until I caught Misa in the bedroom last night pigging their food grrrrrrrrrrrrrr, caught him up there again a few hours ago.

yes I am sure its nicer than his felix but cant afford him to nosh it. Still throwing some away though,

I think the birmanms were probably very spoilt for the first 12 years of their life but they werent with me bit also put it down to their age of over 16yrs now and Kocka was aslo doing this at that age.

This stuff smells very strong and suspect their smell isnt as good now and also they dont have so many teeth, Kocka only had the fangs.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 22:43:47 PM »
What a question for me !- Loads if i didn''t give it away!!
Enough to feed another 3 cats and numerous hedgehogs -which it does  :rofl: :rofl:
Winston is like yours Tan -if he sniffs it and decides he doesn''t want that flavour ( even though he loved it a few days ago !) - he knows i will open another pkt.
He also can only eat Felix  in jelly -but i have to mosh it up for him. He doesn''t like any other cat food !

Smartie ,Sophie, Bungly all prefer Whiskers chicken supermeat -BUT will only eat the top, bottom and sides (all the bits with the jelly)- the bit in the middle that looks like a kebab when i have finished with it goes outside for at least 2 other cats and hedgies (as i open 2 tins of this one a day ).

Bungly is also polishing off 2-3 sachets of gourmet perle per day !
FiFi only like biscuits and not keen on other cat food.
Biscuits are down all day .
Saturday -Winston has cod loin .
Wednesday or whatever day i go shopping i bring home a cooked chicken for me and Smartie mainly - the others aren''t overly fussed -unless its on my plate !( Asda extra tasty ).
Bungly and Sophie always have some of whatever i have for my tea -+ whatever else i have they might fancy - egg custard , coffee cake, toast .
Are you getting the picture here ??? :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 22:40:02 PM »
How many have cats that are fussy eaters?
Do they go off a brand regularly?
How much food you ya tend to waste if ya do?
Do your cats just bloomin lick the gravy/sauce and not eat a full meal?

Nope, no fussy eaters here, no wastage, always eat a full meal (unless one is poorly of course) - raw is a variety including chicken, lamb, beef and rabbit, plus Hi Life real meat pouches and sometimes Applaws. Funnily enough not all of them are so keen on Applaws, but I always keep it in because if Sam's not feeling the best Applaws is the one thing I know will tempt him  :)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 22:00:37 PM »
Don't let on to the furries whatever ya do but the secret is competition  :shify:

We've wasted soooooo much food over the years (criminal) but then came Noni and the girls and nothing...and I mean nothing... gets wasted now  :)  We do however have to lock them 3 up..in ..or out... so Dinah and the boys have time to eat.  I'm so made up atm coz they are all eating tinned stuff.  Like Liz's clan, I think their appetites have increased a tad recently.

Always mash jelly into food so avoid just jelly being eaten.  

Hope Arty gets his appetite back soon  :hug:

Offline Starpixie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 21:53:52 PM »
Arty is a feline hoover so no food gets wasted here!
Apart from this week as he's been bitten and got an infection and is a bit off his food :(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 21:48:55 PM »
Tiggy was the worst but it was my fault as I pandered to her whims, I made a resolution to be firm with the boys from day one and it paid off.  I buy equal quantities of each flavour of Bozita and make sure they have a different flavour each day and their bowls are licked clean every single day  ;D

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 21:43:48 PM »
The Clan cats have their moments but now winter is coming they are eating nearly everything we put in front of them

In fact we know that they don't like something when they encourage Sunny the BC to eat the hall wet food not the dry! :shocked: :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 21:38:34 PM »
No fussy eater here. There are foods he loves, food he likes and foods he tolerates. I'm afraid I am mean and won't offer a replacement meal. He knows if he does not eat then he gets nothing until his next meal, so food does always get eaten ... Eventually. I know he is a jelly man and I've once made a mistake of buying food not in Jelly which I gave away.

I feed a mix of Felix pouches, trays, Whiskas pouches, hills, encore/applaws, sheba essence trays. He will happily eat hi-life but found it always makes him sick so that is really the only food of his I've wasted. He does always lick the Jelly first then eat the meat ... At a snails pace mind you. It can take him 2+ hours to eat half a pouch or tray. He has better things to do with his time than eat.

Oh he did pull his nose up when I shared crayfish with him tonight .. But I recycled it via the pooch so no wastage lol.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 21:25:21 PM »
None wasted at my place. The dog eats the leftovers. But yes, they do go off brands from time to time and start giving you 'the look'. I ignore mine when they do it and they generally huff a big sigh and eat it when my back is turned ...

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
How much cat fud do ya waste??
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 21:17:09 PM »
Me lads Marl & Fud (new nick name for Garf!) are (come to think of it all my cats have been) fussy eaters. I know it's me thats made them that way!  :shify: :shy:  I do tend to open another packet if they sniff at one and don't want to eat it.  :innocent:

How many have cats that are fussy eaters?
Do they go off a brand regularly?
How much food you ya tend to waste if ya do?
Do your cats just bloomin lick the gravy/sauce and not eat a full meal?

Link to CatChat