Author Topic: Get well messages for Teresa - now back in hospital - July 2010  (Read 323859 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Get well messages for Teresa
« Reply #2081 on: February 12, 2010, 15:41:10 PM »
Can you start raiding Greggs for steak bakes? They're my weakness.... ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2080 on: February 12, 2010, 15:13:11 PM »
well, I guess that's 4 less doughnuts in the world for the likes of me to demolish :sigh:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2079 on: February 12, 2010, 15:00:30 PM »

I would rather hear that you were eating porridge or eggs  :no no: :no no:

Somehow I knew that; however I had eggs yesterday and I may as well be "doing porridge" for all the use I am, 4 doughnuts in packet and I dont like waste so I`ve eaten them too :evillaugh:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2078 on: February 12, 2010, 12:48:20 PM »
Gosh, you're a strict task master, Christine. ;) :hug:

Yep.  ;)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2077 on: February 12, 2010, 12:43:38 PM »
Gosh, you're a strict task master, Christine. ;) :hug:

I do agree with the concussion point, most definitely.

Teresa, sending you hugs and hoping you're more careful with your noggin. ;)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2076 on: February 12, 2010, 10:34:28 AM »
Have so far managed to demolish 2 crispy creme doughnuts and am now eyeing up the dolly mixtures  :rofl:

I would rather hear that you were eating porridge or eggs  :no no: :no no:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2075 on: February 12, 2010, 09:52:25 AM »
mmmmmmmm doughnuts  :drool;

Glad to hear that you're putting some weight back on hun xxxx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2074 on: February 12, 2010, 09:44:41 AM »
7stone is the target I set myself for last Christmas but failed as a result of Norovirus, now its just a magical number in my head that WILL be reached one day and then I will reset to 8stone.When you think I dropped to 5stonesomething in November I think I`m doing ok.An observation I have made is that funerals are charged for by person rather than size or weight so I`m determined to fatten out and get my moneys worth when its my turn  :rofl: :rofl:
Bad chest day today so decided to have a pyjama day,at least thats my excuse.
Have so far managed to demolish 2 crispy creme doughnuts and am now eyeing up the dolly mixtures  :rofl:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2073 on: February 12, 2010, 09:21:00 AM »
Seven stone is your next target, Teresa.  Try, however, to avoid concussing yourself too often as it does not help with weight gain.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #2072 on: February 12, 2010, 01:58:55 AM »
Glad you are feeling better and putting on weight - i can donate 2 stone if you need it ! :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 01:59:34 AM by bunglycat »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2071 on: February 12, 2010, 01:54:36 AM »
Fab news T that you are putting weight on.... Sending you fattening vibes to get you well on your way....I will gladly donate my belly!  :evillaugh: :hug: :hug:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #2070 on: February 11, 2010, 22:59:40 PM »
Blimey Teresa, as if you didn't have enough problems without trying to knock yourself senseless.  :shocked:  I'm sure that in true feline fashion you managed to make it look as though it was all deliberate.  :rofl:  Its every bit as difficult trying to put weight on when you need it as it is trying to get it off when you've got too much so well done - keep it up.  Double portions of beef bourgignon sounds like the way to go.  :)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #2069 on: February 11, 2010, 21:49:30 PM »
T, I wish they did weight transplants. I'd donate to you like a shot. I think one of me would make about 3 of you... My scales haven't seen 6 stone since the days of the Multi Coloured Swop Shop.  :tired:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2068 on: February 11, 2010, 21:37:21 PM »
 :shify:  Duh - I'se sozzee Aunty T - I nots wants ter gives yoo nuffink wot will not bild yer up.  I scrubs der prawns an replayces dem wiv Dollee Mickshtas.   :shify:

:Luv:  Paddy xx

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2067 on: February 11, 2010, 19:29:39 PM »
 For those of you who are worried that I am not eating enough, I have just eaten the most tasty Beef Bourginon I have ever had in my life, all cooked by my own fair hand. Tesco delivery was fine so all I had to do was take wrapper off and pop in oven, made a mistake though thought the meal was for one and put 2 in oven so Rob and I both had double portion.

News of my weigh in, well think I mentioned that scales dont work on carpet so scale was placed on small wall which I shouldnt have climbed on but did, gong, gong,gong thought I`d died and gone to hell,in climbing up was so concerned about getting my legs to work I forgot about the 30 day chiming clock above so now got a big lump on my head  :rofl: not to be deterred I recovered my composure,pretended to be a cat and hopped up onto wall then the scales, well worth the effort, I have gained a few pounds and am now a whopping
6 stone 11pounds, this is best I have been in over a year  :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:

Unkle Paddyyyyyyyy I luvs ya but please dont ever give me ze prawns,ze shell fish wuld kill me   :hug:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #2066 on: February 11, 2010, 18:43:40 PM »
Ohh good plan - dial a curry!

Offline Carolyn

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2065 on: February 11, 2010, 18:09:50 PM »
If you're desparate for hot food and are unable to cook, is it possible to order something on the phone for home deilvery by a take away?  You might be able to get fish & chips on wheels or a pizza or whatever you fancy?  It's worth at least looking into so you have a backup option if you start to feel really hungry.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2064 on: February 11, 2010, 18:03:50 PM »
Paddy sez he thinks he needs to send his Aunty T some "pruvizhuns" but he seems to think that comprises prawns, dreamies, Felix cat milk and some diced steak, so am not quite sure it would be much use to you Teresa - still, his hearts in "der rite place"  :Luv:

:hug: :hug:  Sue xx

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2063 on: February 11, 2010, 15:02:26 PM »
I used to have Tescos always but got fed up with poor dates

Is that dates (fruit), dates (calendar) or dates (illicit liaisons)?  :shify:

very likely all 3  :rofl:

Getting worried about this Tesco order now coming between 4 and 6 and I will be on my own till at least 5 so hope its late; had a right to do over carrier bag thing changed it to say I needed food in bags but it didnt change it and I will really struggle without; was going to have a sleep but daughtewr been with youngest grandson for last hour and now oxygen masn just phoned to say hes coming to service my machine , no rest for the wicked.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2062 on: February 11, 2010, 14:38:38 PM »
I used to have Tescos always but got fed up with poor dates

Is that dates (fruit), dates (calendar) or dates (illicit liaisons)?  :shify:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2061 on: February 11, 2010, 13:14:04 PM »
I don't trust Tescos delivery down here as they've made too many mistakes in the past.  :tired: Last time I ordered all our usual things and only half arrived. Plus we got someone else's Pampers Junior, hamster bedding and four tins of Kosher pea soup.  :shify: I didn't realise there's such a thing as a Kosher pea.  :shocked:

Funny you should mention a yearning for scrambled egg on toast... for the last few weeks I've been hankering after Spaghetti letters with a sprinkling of Parmesan but keep forgetting to buy them.  :(

I've had a bag of someone elses food too Julie and someone must have had a bag of mine  :shify: I vary my delivery now, depending what I want.   I used to have Tescos always but got fed up with poor dates I did complain and send back but it got to the point where I ended up only getting half my shopping.  Now I mainly do Ocado food is better dated and the delivery guys more courteous/better service.  Today I've had Tescos and dates poor as usual.  I also tried Asda last week and service similar to Tescos but prices cheaper I found.

Tescos sell Dolly mixtures though T  :evillaugh:  Hope your family make you some nice scrambled egg when they get in  :hug:

I now have visions of you drag racing on rollers towing oxygen bottle in a supermarket trolley fitted with racing slicks.  :evillaugh:

Thats quite a good idea   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Do you realise I laughed so much I had to mountaineer the stairs to go to the loo  :rofl:

:rofl:  hubby is into drag racing he could get you some nitrous oxide for your rollers  :evillaugh:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2060 on: February 11, 2010, 13:00:07 PM »
Love scrambled egg, but my partner makes it so much better than me that when I make it for myself it's a disappointment.... :tired: So I have to wait until he fancies it because I feel mean pestering for it just for me. ;)

Hope the Miss Piggy behaviour continues.  :hug:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2059 on: February 11, 2010, 11:46:50 AM »
I don't trust Tescos delivery down here as they've made too many mistakes in the past.  :tired: Last time I ordered all our usual things and only half arrived. Plus we got someone else's Pampers Junior, hamster bedding and four tins of Kosher pea soup.  :shify: I didn't realise there's such a thing as a Kosher pea.  :shocked:

Funny you should mention a yearning for scrambled egg on toast... for the last few weeks I've been hankering after Spaghetti letters with a sprinkling of Parmesan but keep forgetting to buy them.  :(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2058 on: February 11, 2010, 11:27:26 AM »
Whats going on in your house Teresa. Dont they look after you and feed you and stuff?

If they dont start caring you will end up in hospital again  :hug: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2057 on: February 11, 2010, 09:46:26 AM »
Sounds like you need emergency facilities down stairs  ;)

As I told the physio at hospital a commode would be no good to me because I would then have to struggle carrying a full pot up the stairs cos hubby certainly wouldnt  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks to Julies hint re the cream cracker and Mouse error 404 I managed to complete my Tesco online shop, didnt have a crawfords cracker so used 2 Twix instead  :rofl: very tasty have ordered myself some crispy creme doughnuts and a few other things though cant remember what,guess it will be a suprise when it arrives late this afternoon.£123  :evillaugh:

Well Ruth my chest must be getting lighter judging by the infection its throwing out :rofl: but better out than in.

Been fancying scrambled egg on toast for months just wondering if I dare go in kitchen and put cooker on, have been told no because of oxygen but I am in danger of starving to death if I dont and guess whose home alone  :evillaugh:

So very bored I really need to do something like climbing a mountain or abseilling down Buck palace whatga fink  :rofl: :rofl:

modified to add Miss Piggy made it to kitchen and I have just eaten 2 rounds of toast and 4 scrambled egg (used toaster and microwave)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 10:16:14 AM by Teresa Pawcats »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2056 on: February 11, 2010, 07:16:53 AM »
Do you know? I think my leg is a size 8!  :shocked: :evillaugh:

Hope your chest is getting lighter T.... What am I saying?  :Crazy: Infection not yer boobies!  ;) :hug: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2055 on: February 10, 2010, 23:04:31 PM »
Sounds like you need emergency facilities down stairs  ;)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #2054 on: February 10, 2010, 19:12:58 PM »
 :rofl:

What are you like :evillaugh:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2053 on: February 10, 2010, 14:25:17 PM »

I now have visions of you drag racing on rollers towing oxygen bottle in a supermarket trolley fitted with racing slicks.  :evillaugh:

Thats quite a good idea   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Do you realise I laughed so much I had to mountaineer the stairs to go to the loo  :rofl:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2052 on: February 10, 2010, 14:05:18 PM »
... I have been struggling to do an online shop at Tesco and cant even manage to order the cheese, I have now given up...

That'll be your computer, T. It's a unique problem with tower systems but laptops don't get it. (Mouse error 404 - cheese overload related crash. Insert Crawford's cracker into Drive D and reboot. ;)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2051 on: February 10, 2010, 13:24:56 PM »
Todays the kind of day when you feel like putting on some roller skates and bombing down the road at 60 miles an hour  :rofl: instead I have been struggling to do an online shop at Tesco and cant even manage to order the cheese, I have now given up.
Having a bad chest day today but thats nothing new infection pouring out so any sneaky trips to the garden are out, theres always tomorrow  :evillaugh:
Gill glad you noticed the dress length too, must admit my varicose veins are very modest  :rofl:
Keep up with the giggling  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2050 on: February 10, 2010, 12:53:45 PM »
My goodness trying to escape again and very pleased your son brought you back from the edge.................not an old biddy more like a two year old I reckon  :rofl: :rofl:

Looked at that dress and noticed the length LOL.........I think it would be more like a shirt for you  :rofl: :rofl:

Size 4 has its limitations I reckon ....the length , so reckon you better get eating and make size 8......size 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My goodness what size is that  :shify: :shify: maybe they will do it in extra extra long  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Take care of yourself today and no escape bids please  :innocent:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2049 on: February 10, 2010, 12:45:26 PM »
Turn my back for 2 minutes and the lot of yous turned into cholesterol crazed junkies.  :faint:

I didn't; I've always been a cholesterol crazed junkie.... ;)

Hope you're having a good day, Teresa. :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2048 on: February 10, 2010, 04:35:13 AM »
 :see: or more to the point "I should not see" What has been happening in here?  :evillaugh: :hug:

Well at least you are having a good giggle T..... Thats it....Chin up girl!  ;) :hug:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2047 on: February 09, 2010, 22:32:56 PM »
Turn my back for 2 minutes and the lot of yous turned into cholesterol crazed junkies.  :faint:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2046 on: February 09, 2010, 19:34:06 PM »
Thats the best part of the joint

We're discussing cannabis now?  :Crazy:

:evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Never been to Holland so not tried it  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2045 on: February 09, 2010, 19:30:46 PM »

We're discussing cannabis now?  :Crazy:

:evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2044 on: February 09, 2010, 19:29:02 PM »
ah right, not heard of that but a regular I was brought up on and loved was dripping (the meat juices and fat left to set) then spread on bread with salt - the bottom brown bits were lovely  :) usually was for a Sunday tea or weekday breakfast my dad still has it and I have occasionally.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2043 on: February 09, 2010, 19:27:23 PM »
ah right, not heard of that but a regular I was brought up on and loved was dripping (the meat juices and fat left to set) then spread on bread with salt - the bottom brown bits were lovely  :) usually was for a Sunday tea or weekday breakfast my dad still has it and I have occasionally.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2042 on: February 09, 2010, 19:22:08 PM »
Bread and Dip is melted dripping poured hot onto the plate or dish and eaten by dipping the bread into it; this was one of my childhood breakfasts, when times were good you got a small blob of sauce or bit of watered oxo in the middle to add flavour.

Link to CatChat