Author Topic: Sweat scoop cat litter - anyone use it?  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Sweat scoop cat litter - anyone use it?
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 11:40:27 AM »
I get mine from pah - its an organic one

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 11:02:10 AM »
but I bet Mark has used it

No I haven't  :evillaugh:

And I won't try it now either  :evillaugh:

I am happy with Cats Best - yes it does track but so does all litter and it takes a minute to clear up with a dustpan & brush.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 10:56:50 AM »
Doesn't sound too promising.  Tbh, it's not easy to get hold of as few places seem to sell it, so I might just try the worlds best.   Tracking is a problem, but it's not the main issue.  If I like a litter, I will put up with having to hoover more often.  The oko is just not good enough re odour control.  At least WB comes in extra strength if the normal one isn't good enough!  And I can get it from PAH and Jollyes.  Probably not the cheapest places, but useful if you run out and need to get some quick.  Don't think there's anywhere I can get chick crumbs from around here.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 16:12:09 PM »
chick crumb is better

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 16:10:44 PM »
Hav'nt even heard of it but going by the title it sounds like hard work!  :innocent: :rofl: :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 15:07:01 PM »
I'm afraid Swheat Scoop was a thumbs down here. It didnt clump well at all, clumps fell apart and it tracked just as bad, if not worse than Cats Best (if thats possible LOL!) If it were a toss up between Swheat Scooop and Worlds Best Susanne, Worlds Best would win hands down, for me.  :)

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 13:00:44 PM »
I'd be interested to know how you get on with a wheat-based litter, I'm also keen to try (or hear feedback on) hemp and straw-based as they purport to be more absorbent than most other substrates. Very happy with OkoPlus other than the fact that it gets EVERYWHERE!  :doh:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 12:54:28 PM »
No sorry, but I bet Mark has used it - he seems to have had a go at everything going.  It's better when you can get someone's opinion on it before you buy.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Sweat scoop cat litter - anyone use it?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 12:34:20 PM »
The next litters for me to try are Sweat scoop and Worlds best.  Given that I want a clumping litter but dont' want to go back to using clay, I think those are my only options?  Except for Oko cats best of course.  I looked at the Sweat scoop at the supreme yesterday and it looked good as in quite small grains.  Does anyone know how well it clumps?  And how good is it with odours?   Anyone compared Sweat scoop and World's best?  they seem to be quite similar to me, the main diff being that Sweat scoop is wheat (and slightly larger pieces than WB?) whilst WB is corn.

Link to CatChat