Author Topic: Nova and carrier bags  (Read 2530 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Nova and carrier bags
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 15:41:04 PM »
I think it could be the light weight and the rustling noise they make that attracts them.

Smudge used to grab one and kick hell out of it with her back legs - it was in shreds in no time at all.  :Luv2: :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline sallyagdm

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Arnie, Gucci and Dandy
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 14:32:04 PM »
Dandy has the same fascination for carrier bags so they have to kept out of harms Way

The classic however came from Gucci who chewed through a carrier bag and a small plastic bag within to leave very visible teeth marks in a doughnut that my OH had just brought home and had put down on the floor. The deed was done while he went to the kitchen to get a plate  :naughty:

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 23:34:58 PM »
Nova is never happier than when he has any type of bag to climb into, especially plastic bags as he must like the taste.  Not that i'd risk it but i could probably take him to the vets in a strong plastic bag and he'd keep purring.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 21:25:03 PM »
Awwww bless Nova!  :Luv: Bilbo loves carrier bags too and if you don't keep them away from him he eats them! He can hunt out a carrier bag at 50 paces :evillaugh:

A couple of mine like carrier bags, they either lick them or chew them

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 21:14:23 PM »
Awwww bless Nova!  :Luv: Bilbo loves carrier bags too and if you don't keep them away from him he eats them! He can hunt out a carrier bag at 50 paces :evillaugh:
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 08:16:43 AM »
 :evillaugh:   :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 02:22:56 AM »
Phwoar! Nova is quite a hunk!  :Luv2:

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 23:56:31 PM »
Thats what Moo-moo does (Mia's latest appropriate nickname :evillaugh: ).

We bought a new tv last month and left the cellophane around the frame, heard ripping noises in the night and Mia had peeled it all off  :doh:

She's used to me fishing sticky labels out of her mouth, she even enjoys pulling price labels off goods if she can!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 23:44:03 PM »
Yep but the handles didn't give way on him! Glad to be of service re: the helicopter, I think I told someone else who had one about it too  :evillaugh:

Lu is indeed deprived and he doesn't get any carrier bags to play with, occasionally he might find the torn off tip of a packet of something and tries to eat it.  I then have to try and scoop slimy plastic out of his mouth before he swallows it  :sick:

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 23:35:20 PM »
He was enjoying that wasn't he! Must have been a pretty strong carrier bag to support his weight, he's not a little boy  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: Lu loves carrier bags but he tries to eat them rather than so I have to hide them from him!

I spotted your helicopter bed in the background there... the roof looks a bit floppy - did you realise it came with a support strut for the roof, mine was curved round the front but it's meant to go in the pockets either side and support the roof.

The bag split, thats where his head was sticking out of the tear  :Luv2:

Thank you for telling me about the support strut for the bed!  :evillaugh: I've spent the last 9 months adjusting the bed whenever it looked really floppy.

Does Lu have the knack of finding noisy plastic bags in the early hours of the morning and dragging them into your bedroom? :naughty:  If you deprive him i'll happily let him say with me and share custody of nova's carrier bags  ;)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 23:13:49 PM »
He was enjoying that wasn't he! Must have been a pretty strong carrier bag to support his weight, he's not a little boy  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: Lu loves carrier bags but he tries to eat them rather than so I have to hide them from him!

I spotted your helicopter bed in the background there... the roof looks a bit floppy - did you realise it came with a support strut for the roof, mine was curved round the front but it's meant to go in the pockets either side and support the roof.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 23:23:56 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
Nova and carrier bags
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 22:56:46 PM »
I've been away for work this week and bought Michelle some cornish fudge  :innocent:

Well she left the carrier bag it came in on the floor and Nova dive-bombed into it!  He's always adored plastic bags but this video should make you laugh I hope

Does anyone else's cats have this same fascination?

And this was the aftermath, he got very disgruntled when I put him down  :naughty: :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat