Author Topic: Flea product discussion....  (Read 1787 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Flea product discussion....
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 10:20:00 AM »
I always used to use Advantage but you can only get that from vets so lately I've taken to using frontline.  Might get some more Advantage from the vet for next time.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 16:06:22 PM »
Our current vet didn't do it either and now they have become fans!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 16:01:02 PM »
Also Indorex kills house dust mites so good for allergies too!  ;)

Offline Rachel(Rachette)

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 15:54:31 PM »
Yeah someone else mentioned the program injection but my vet doesn't do it for some reason..sounds ideal though as there is nothing worse than trying to worm your cat..snooch acts like i've just tried to kill her... :rofl:...i think i'll take your advice millys mum & go back to frontline with a better spray..i didn't know that about skoosh..i'm really bad for buying things without checking them out properly 1st... :doh:.. :thanks:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 15:25:47 PM »
We use Program injection - its a twice a year job and does a great job with flea's and ticks - we have 42 on it currently and also our dogs to

Works out around 30.00 an injection but you do get the added advantage of a free health check with the second injection - also is handy for worming awkward little ferals! :evillaugh:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 14:39:23 PM »
Effipro is fipronil which is the same as frontline  ;) they marketed it as a cheaper alternative to frontline but at the moment on vet uk frontline 6pk is cheaper per pipette  :-:

Skoosh just stops whats there doesnt it not any new arrivals? If you need to cut the cost id try going back to frontline plus indorex or acclaim housespray and see how you go

Offline Rachel(Rachette)

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 14:05:04 PM »
Darn it..just run out of drontal..guess i'll have to stick with the tummy ache then! :rofl: :rofl:

I think i'll give the effipro a go..(oooo that rhymes..) i'm really just trying to reign in on the spending & stronghold is on the more expensive side..i also use skoosh household spray once a year too...just wondered if anybody else had tried it..cheers  ;D

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 13:07:39 PM »
I use Frontline here on my cats and the dog and no probs here, I also use Indorex house spray once a year to stop reproduction in carpets furniture etc...

Sorry you have a poorly tum but with fleas comes worms so maybe a drontal would help!  :evillaugh: :hug: :hug:

Offline Rachel(Rachette)

• Adult Cat
Flea product discussion....
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 13:00:22 PM »
hey people..just wondered what opinions there is out  about which flea products are good/bad...i've used frontline & then that seemed to stop working, i now use stronghold which is fab, got no worries there but have just heard about Effipro cat spot on from vetuk ltd..any1 tried it or knows anything about it? :um:
Oh and also i've got really bad tummy ache, can any1 take that away for me..... :sigh:

Link to CatChat