Author Topic: Can anyone help - very strange behaviour  (Read 4245 times)

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
Re: Can anyone help - very strange behaviour
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 21:21:06 PM »
Typical kitten behaviour me thinks :) ..Zookie used to do this and it was soooo cute  ;)
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 21:02:03 PM »
 :evillaugh: Sounds totally normal to me.  Zephyr used to steal my knickers and run round the house with them (thenkfully he has grown out of it).  We also used to have a burmese kitten who had a bit of a stocking fetish!!  He used to pull them off the radiator and chew on them!!  You only knew he had been at them when you tried to put them on and there would be about 1000 ladders where his little teeth had gone through! LOL. 
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline suzi

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 18:03:59 PM »
Yeah, sounds like normal kitten mischief to me! My cat is almost a year old now and his latest habbit is going into my laudrey basket and pinching my bras!!!! He runs about the house with them dragging them under his belly!!! Could me embarressing if i have friends round and there are bra's lying all over the place!!! He also likes my boyfriends ties!!!

Nothin to worry about!

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 17:59:33 PM »
sounds normal, think yourself lucky thats all they do LOL LOL LOL

today my 8 mnth old boy leapt at a wall and got about 2/3 of the way up (we have quite high ceilings) just coz there was a spot on light shining through the blinds , other days he goes about leaping and rearragning my photos knocking them all squint and he not only steals socks but also small ornaments and anything else he can carry and hides his contraban behind the sofa, he throws half filled hot water bottles around like a dog would and also tears through the house with my husbands trainer banging behind him (my husband got size 12 feel so its a bloomin big trainer) LOL

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 16:38:48 PM »
Typical cat then in my opinion
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Susieh

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 15:07:04 PM »
Just sounds like typical cheeky kitten behaviour to me  :evillaugh:

My female Maddy likes carrying stuff around too, especially paper and random bits and bobs she finds on the floor.  My two boys don't bother apart from occasionally with toys and  :( the occasional real and recently deceased mouse or bird.  Maddy is 2 years old now and has done the carrying/stealing thing since she was about 5 months old.

Offline chrisleitz

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 15:04:42 PM »
Hi Liza, sorry I cannot answer as I never had females at that age, only male cats.  I hope someone else has come across this behaviour before as I would be very interested in the answer.
Best wishes, Chris, Samson, Buddie and Pepper

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
Can anyone help - very strange behaviour
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 15:55:24 PM »
I'm not sure if any of you can help.  I have 2 kittens that are sisters and are now 6mths old and are completely different in character.  Jet is into everything and loves nothing more than being fussed and curling up on your lap for cuddles.  Cruz is very different and everything has to be on her terms but again is very loving and likes being petted.  However recently Cruz has developed some bizarre habits.  First of all she discovered shadows and loves to chase herself round and round chasing the shadow on the floor.......this is fine - we just turn off the light hehe.

However more worringly she has now taken to "stealing" socks and running round the house chatting and mewing to herself and anyone that will listen.....her sister Jet looks on and eventually follows her.  Does anyone know why this has suddenly started??  They've both been spayed so she isn't pregnant.

Liza  :-:  :thanks:
People who don't like cats were mice in a previous life!!

Link to CatChat