Author Topic: stray/skinny cat  (Read 8705 times)

Offline finnjim

• Adult Cat
Re: stray/skinny cat
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2009, 11:26:54 AM »
Please let us know the result of all your efforts.Good luck.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2009, 09:05:19 AM »
Any update on poor Larry?

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 19:08:43 PM »
After Christine alerted me, I spoke to Frank at the Harlow CP branch. He said they, like most rescues are full but if you phone his wife, Carol on 01992 579539 they will see what they can do to help. They sound like really nice people so they will do their best I'm sure  :)

:thanks: Mark.  That's a call you have to make, Heidihelpers  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 18:17:01 PM »
oh he's gorgeous, the poor thing, well done for caring for him Heidihelpers, and lots of luck for him xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 17:45:45 PM »
Hi,

After Christine alerted me, I spoke to Frank at the Harlow CP branch. He said they, like most rescues are full but if you phone his wife, Carol on 01992 579539 they will see what they can do to help. They sound like really nice people so they will do their best I'm sure  :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 17:50:37 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline heidihelpers

• Kitten
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 16:10:23 PM »
thank you will look now

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 16:09:45 PM »
Unfortunately not everyone chipps these days!  :tired:

If you follow the link provided there's a bit were all the missing pet registers are!  ;)

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,305.0.html

Offline heidihelpers

• Kitten
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 16:06:41 PM »
sorry forgot to add im in harlow, essex x

Offline heidihelpers

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 16:06:03 PM »
I havent looked yet but will do, im afraid maybe i am being selfish but if someone was going to worry that badly would they not have thought of a micro chip!!, i dont mean that to sound as horrible as it does but he not in good way, vets are believing he was dumped or maybe elderly person died or something but they believe he hasnt wandered far and wasnt looked after proberly to start with, but like i have been saying no one knows his past, so we can all guess but be wrong. i just know as from my two cats that if they got out and lost id be devastated thats why they were microchipped from the start.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 16:07:42 PM by heidihelpers »

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 16:01:41 PM »
Thank you for caring about Larry.

Are you in north Essex or south Essex?  We have some folks on here from Canterbury & District CP - I'll draw their attention to this - and there are a number of other rescues in Kent.

Have you had a look at The National Pet Register in case someone is searching frantically for Larry?

I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline heidihelpers

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 15:55:50 PM »
so do i, i know everyone tries but his luck at the moment is put back out in the cold and as vet said to almost certainly die through the cold as he is so skinny and bald at back, i cant see how anyone can let that happen but i am really struggling to get anywhere, ive named him Larry ( as in loner bless him)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 15:53:33 PM »
sadly the rspca often recommend that!  unfortunately all rescues have cats coming out of their ears and kittens, injured and pregnant cats come first when places do come up - I know you probably feel like you're banging your head against a wall - I hope someone here can help you

Offline heidihelpers

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 15:51:40 PM »
yep tried all them and i do understand everyone busy with cats but i am dissapointed i got told to put him back in the bush, he needs help not put back there, he is cold and hungry. i wish i could do more but ive tried all i know, and im frightend he is not going to get the help he needs,

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 15:51:11 PM »
Oh he is a lovely lad.....Have you thought about checking out the Lost and Found Sect....Maybe a pic of him on there might find his owner bless!  ;)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 15:48:18 PM »
these are the rescues listed for essex, I'm sure you've tried most of them but you never know!

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/essex.html

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 15:47:03 PM »
catchat is a separate site, the link is at the bottom somewhere - we do have rescue people on the board so hopefully someone can help you, I can't think of anyone in essex off the top of my head but there must be, you sound like you've made a good start for him to get a better life!

Offline heidihelpers

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 15:44:50 PM »
im new to this forum so bear with me whilst im finding my way round, i am in essex

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 15:43:52 PM »
He might be able to be posted on CatChat?

He's a lovely looking boy, hope a home can be found for him  :)
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 15:42:58 PM »
thanks for helping him!  what area are you in

Offline heidihelpers

• Kitten
stray/skinny cat
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 15:40:17 PM »
3 weeks ago this lovely cat male, long haired black and fluffy,* came out of bushes at the top of my road and was crying and meowing, he was ever so friendly, he was so skinny and bald at his back end, i instantly feel for him, i started to feed him daily whislt i made enquires for him. it then turned cold at night so i let him sleep in my bathroom so he was warm, spoke to my local rspca they said they could check him over and treat him if need be but then id have to put him back in bush, no i wasnt going to do this, so ive been spending the last 3 weeks trying to find him a home, rspca vet checked him over he is male, neutured and app 5 yrs old, he skinny and baldness was from flea allergy although didnt have fleas at the time been frontlined and steroid injection to help him. i couldnt keep him as i have 2 cats myself that wouldn`t accept him although he not bothered by cats, but i have a dog that he definatly does not like dogs, my brother kindly offered to help whilst we rung shelters but everywhere full up. but his wife had allergic reaction to the cat so after few days told me she realy wasnt coping, my mum then helped me out but again she has a dog although he was just about managing but she has birds which he didnt feel he could leave alone bless him he wanted to chase them, he is very friendly cat his ideal home would be someone or a couple on their own no kids although good with them but sliglty frightend, or other animals as he needs a peaceful few years, he been through enough it seems,* he needs a warm place to sleep and some food bless him,rspca have helped me give him his jabs as we do not know if ever had them, he has had one course and due his next on 28th sept which i have a record of.this is his last shot at finding somewhere permanent to live i have tried all i know with no success, any help or guidence in this matter from anyone will be truely appreciated,thank you.

Link to CatChat