Author Topic: Ben, 9 year old tabbly with FIV needs loving home - South East (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 2165 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
This is being moved to sorted section now but if anyone has any updates or news please can you contact me   :thanks:

Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Ben, 9 year old tabbly with FIV needs loving home - South East
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 20:10:09 PM »
I am happy to answer any questions you might have - please ask away!
Where is the photo?  :innocent:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 20:07:54 PM »
Where in the SE are you Ernie, being FIV and older goes against Ben but with enough time, the right person will come along. I homechecked a lovely woman in Whitstable yesterday who is happy to take on older/FIV cats so they do exist, they just take a bit longer. Its worth speaking to local rescues soon but make sure you check their FIV policy as some either won't take them or PTS - most CP branches will rehome.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 19:39:51 PM »
 :welcome:
How soon do you need to rehome him and have you tried your local rescues?
www.catchat.org lists many rescues all over the country  ;D just make sure that they are 100% fiv friendly and wont pts.
His insurance will become void with change of ownership so make sure his new owner understands that, they then wont be able to cover his fiv as it would be classed as pre existing.

Offline Ernie

• Kitten
Can you give a home to my gorgeous cat Ben. He is a 9 year old (approx - I rescued him 5 years ago so can't be sure) tabby. Ben is a very loving cat but on his terms - he is happy to sleep with me all night, sit next to me when i'm watching tv but if I stroke him too much he will bite. You just need to understand him and you'll be fine.

Ben has FIV which means that he shouldn't go out - I do let him out though but he doesn't go out for long as he is happier inside in the warm. Ben is insured for life so wouldn't cost you very much. His FIV doesn't affect him now but I expect it will one day.

I am moving to Australia and can't take him with me - this is breaking my heart so I want to find him a really loving home.

Ben does get on with other cats - he lived with my old male cat for 2 years with no problems (well no more than the usual hiss now an then) but he does prefer smaller female cats though.

I am happy to answer any questions you might have - please ask away!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 08:52:22 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat