Author Topic: Lexy ligament injury - Surgery x 3 - Success!!!  (Read 84111 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Lexy ligament injury
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2009, 19:10:57 PM »
Good to hear that Lexy has been fine and that she hasn't got much longer in prisun  ;)  and nice to have you back  :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 19:11:19 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2009, 18:36:13 PM »
So pleased Lexy is getting on so well Ruth  :) :).  Must be such a relief having someone you can trust to look after her at times like this  :)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #149 on: October 03, 2009, 17:42:16 PM »
Glad you're back and that Lexy is doing well  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #148 on: October 03, 2009, 17:27:30 PM »
Good to hear you're safely home and all is well.  The tiny angle may be caused by inflammation still?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #147 on: October 03, 2009, 17:20:41 PM »
Evening all,

Lexy is having a snooze so will update when she's feeling less annoyed with me.

I got home early (I mean early!) yesterday morning, and just crashed. Later on I went over to spend the night at my sister's and saw Lexy for the first time all week. She was all purry and fluffy with me, but was quite happy for me to leave her be after a bit.

It was great to cuddle her. She's still limping naturally, I am worried as when she walks her leg is at a tiny angle so will be seeing Vet on Monday I think to check in and be sure that's she's ok.

We got home about an hour ago and Lexy has settled into the crate again. A couple more days of crate rest, and then she can come out when I'm here so I can watch her.

I'm allowed to touch the leg so I hope that's an indication that the leg may just be healing a particular way and not that something's wrong.

Otherwise, Lexy was a good girl for her Aunty, Pippa Pipsqueak actually handled having another cat in the house well, both of them were pretty tolerant but of course they only had each other's scent to go by, no visual contact.

And now we're home ready to get back to our own lifestyle.

Thank you to everyone for all your thoughts.

Lexy will pop on soon to tell her tale of captivity once she's had a good rest.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #146 on: October 03, 2009, 07:38:51 AM »
Hi Lexy

Can you ask your mom to help update us on your progress sweetie when she gets home as your fan club are wonderin'.  Good news please as too much sad stuff atm.  Sending good strong get well vibes through the bars just for you  :hug: (Paddy sed OK to send just one hug  :innocent: )

love

Freddie & Billy
xx

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2009, 16:50:15 PM »
A week will fly by....just look how quickly this year is passing!  :shify:

Thinking of you both!  :hug:

Very true  :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2009, 16:08:02 PM »
Sasa is asleep with whiskers twitching so reckon that they are all tuned in  ;D

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2009, 13:14:11 PM »
A week will fly by....just look how quickly this year is passing!  :shify:

Thinking of you both!  :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2009, 07:20:05 AM »
Ruth - not sure if you're on your way now  (probably, I would guess) but can just imagine how little you want this trip.  Sending lots of positive vibes to you (I suspect you'll need them more than Lexy)   :hug: :hug:

Paddy was washing his Lexy Locatur wikskas this morning and said he would be "tooning in arown abowt now......."   yep, reckons he's got Sasa's frequency (and paid his "respecks ter Franta"  :))  and Bilbo.......  :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2009, 18:53:28 PM »
The time will fly Ruth but rather you than me over there, Be careful and you know Lexy is in good hands  :hug: :hug:

Push shove......I will tune my whiskers in to ur frquency Lexy and chat wiv yoo and Paddy and any ovas that get get on air.I am sure your meowmy will be putting yoo back in the tin on wheels again very soon to bring yoo ome  :hug: :hug:

Sasa

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2009, 17:51:20 PM »
Keep strong ruth,at least Lexy is healing and is in safe hands and I`m sure Pippa will keep her entertained from a safe distance  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #139 on: September 27, 2009, 17:17:34 PM »
 :hug: it will soon pass Ruth but I can understand how you feel.  Glad to hear Lexy's knee is healing well and hope things go well at work.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #138 on: September 27, 2009, 17:08:50 PM »
 :thanks: Christine,

Must admit I'll be in the gold-plated aream but doesn't take away from the fact that I'd rather be home. I'm not normally such a baby about this stuff.

Lexy has also been a star. Her knee is heeling nicely, albeit a bit naked right now.  :)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2009, 17:05:35 PM »
 :hug:

So hard to do - but so necessary.  I know how it is  :hug:

I won't say 'enjoy Dubai' as of course it's a dump, albeit a warm, sandy, gold-plated one.

xC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2009, 16:59:30 PM »
Well, that's it.

I had to take Lexy to my sister's today, she will spend the week there, continuing her recovery. She was a little star in the car and the 45 mins it took to get to my sister. She settled right in and her eyes lost that glazed look after about 25 minutes once she was in her new room.

I'm off to Dubai for work tomorrow and if it wasn't for the fact that I have to go, I'd be sitting here with my baby. At least Lexy is comfortable with my sister. Pippa is a confident little madam so as long as she has run of her house, she's had no issue with Lexy being inside the house. Lexy is fine too, no panics either  :Luv2: so hopefully things will stay the same for the next few days. I'll go collect Lexy on Saturday.

So, here I am. Alone at home, feeling miserable  :tired: and missing her cute little nose pressed up against the wire giving me that pitiful look as if to say.. "yoo no love me? lemme out!"

Off to pack.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2009, 16:54:30 PM »
(transcribed by hooman slave)

Days Four and Five (that's Cat Days 20 to 25 to you hoomans)

Nothing eventful to share. Spent day four indoors with Mother. No opportunities for escape. Sasa, Bips, Bailey, Puma: hate to tell you this but I fear catnav may not find its way here  :-:  I have been moved from one cell block to another.  :scared:

After my nap this morning, I was unceremoniously deposited in the hooman can on wheels....... (excuse me, you were packed up gently into your carrier! ............shoosh.... I's still speakin... type pleez)...

As I was saying... *ahem*... I was moved. I, the cell, my toilet, and all my food and mind manipulating medicine were packed up into the can on wheels and after what took forever, I was deposited in a large room, my cell made up again with all my worldly goods, and.. oh the indignity... a wet sheet placed under it all.  >:(

Then mother's littermate walked in and helped to get me settled (that's what they call it, I call it "hypnotised") and then they left me. Mother returned one more time to let me wonder around the room and sniff around for enemies. I guess the good thing is that Mother left me the fur she was wearing that morning, so I guess it's all ok.  Apparently my cousin Pippa is a mole on the inside. She has freedom around this place and seems to have the guards entranced with her cuteness. May be able to use that  :sneaky:

So this torture continues. Blip, I need your skills my friend.  :hug:

Paddy, maybe we should do that thinking together  :doh: through your Lexy Locatur Wiskas?  :Luv2: Maybe others can tune in too so you can all find me. I am sure Pippa may be convinced to help me... being on the inside and all  :sneaky:

I'm not sure I'll have the same access to you all as Mother's littermate may not be able to transcribe (took me a while to teach Mother to do it you know), but keep wishing me outa here!

Lexy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #134 on: September 26, 2009, 22:44:01 PM »
I am waiting for instructions ow to elp  ;D

Sasa

PS my catnav is useless and sends me to feilds!

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #133 on: September 26, 2009, 22:39:52 PM »
Paw Lexy :hug:

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #132 on: September 26, 2009, 22:20:32 PM »
Lexy sorry we haven't been on line but parents have ben at the vet with 6 of us and Sky today for injections and boosters also they "wormed Big Shads and Inca and other doggy brother is on restricted playing due to his boy bits removal yesterday

We are digging the escape tunnel but Sat Nav not giving good directions keeps telling us we are in a field no we keep telling her this is the garden!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #131 on: September 26, 2009, 17:45:58 PM »
 :shify:  hey - woss' goin on fer day four?  I not got me meowmy ter keep loggin on jus now, and needs ter know!  Lexy me Faberlush Lady luv, you hangs on in dere, yeah?  I not sure wotta do, but I is finkin' hard (is makin me brows beetul - like dis -   :doh:  )  :hug: :hug:    :shify:

Paddy  xxxx  :Luv2:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2009, 13:55:56 PM »
 :shify: Do you now have your mum's full attention for the next couple of days Lexy?  :shify:

Be sweet, sweeter than your mummy has ever known you, be good on your daily let outs and be the perfect patient.....Its nice to boggle our humans sometimes....remember to giggle to yourself as you watch her pamper to your every whim!  :sneaky:

Love

Bip Bips x
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 13:57:50 PM by Bazsmum »

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #129 on: September 25, 2009, 15:52:49 PM »
Dear lexy

Plan your escape for when they take out the litter tray

Worked for me

Love

Puma from the Can Cats - I spent 13 weeks in prision due to metalwork and a car :shocked:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2009, 12:37:53 PM »
Oh Lexy you have to plot more carefully  :rofl:

Mind you if you are comfy thats a good reason for not being locked out!

Sasa

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2009, 09:33:49 AM »
Lexy I iz glad you is coping with Jail, you are lucky to be let out, when I add to stay in Jail I couldnt get out at all, and no one stroked or fussed me cos I would have taken their hand off  :evillaugh: must admit Mumty spent ages telling me its not forever and that Wilma was looking for me, anyhows I ended up good as new well just a ickle limp so fink Jail will really help you  :hug:
Love
Monica Feral

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2009, 09:05:42 AM »
(transcribed by hooman slave)

Day Three of my captivity (15 cat days)

Uneventful day. Have decided to keep my head down today. Mother left opened my cell to let me wonder about a little, which I did. I did my morning rituals, and then moved myself into my cell to have a wash, since it's a bit comfortable I find. 

Before I could do anything, door locked and I was confined again  :tired:

So one more day of plotting. Despite it all, I'm thinking of my pen cage pal, Bilbo.  :hug:

Lexy

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Day Two of My Captivity
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2009, 18:07:09 PM »
View it another way Lexy!  :sneaky: You have your hooman even more wrapped around your claw, what would you love mostest in the world...getting out is not an option.... ;)

Bip Bips x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2009, 14:09:35 PM »
Oh dear all escape attempts failed, not for the want of trying tho....yoo will win in da end Lexy and us cats mus get our eads togever and come up wiv a brilliant plan wot umans cant beat.

Sasa

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2009, 10:37:16 AM »
This is a grave concern to me, Lexy, a grave concern.  Humans are very strange and unpredictable in their ways: mine seem to feel the need to torture me from time to time too, with evil smelling drops and vile tablets, not to mention the green people and their terrifying ways (why?  :Crazy:) but confinement is a terrible thing  :scared:

I shall have to give this matter some serious strategic categic thought...

xBlip

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2009, 09:00:56 AM »
Lexy keep baiting the human the escape committee will be holding talks :evillaugh:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2009, 08:41:23 AM »
Hey Lexy

Bad ennit kid?  :hug:  :care:  It'll be over before you know it though (honest) and your poorly knee will be better and no limping.  It'll be worth it. Promise ....  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2009, 07:43:33 AM »
(dictated to and translated by hooman slave)

Day Two (Day 10 in Cat Days)

My friends, my plans for escape were once again rumbled.

Guard Mother came home and proceeded to tut tut at me, claiming my abilities to maintain my impecable hygiene standards are failing. I haven't let on that destroying the contents of my cell are merely part of my master plan for escape. If she sees the damage I do to my cell, she will eventually fear what I will do to her precious chairs  :sneaky: One moment of distraction and I'm outa here!

I may have to revise how I trash the place though, as mother has reduced the amount of litter in my toilet in a vain attempt to stop me trying to spread it across the room, and provided me a smaller water bowl to prevent the water/clumping effect that is left after the litter hits it.

And I would have been successful in my escape had the evil torturers not forgotten to tell my idiot mother that the bandage around my front leg (the one where they injected all sorts of mind manipulating drugs to get me to comply) could actually be removed. I suppose I can't blame mother for that, history has shown that I am far superior and remove these myself, she just expected me to do it again. Again, part of the plan  :sneaky:  The result of said bandage on leg was that my paw was rougly just over twice the size it should have been.

Clearly, mother has no idea of these things as she flew into a panic, restrained me (ok cuddled me, I'm allowed poetic license) and removed the offending bandage whilst talking to the torturers on the communications implement she uses. Note to self: It is a link to the outside world. Must learn to use it.

So we go onto Day 3. I shall be back with more.

Bilbo, pen cage pals would be ideal, we must share our techniques. Bailey, Puma, we should talk  :sneaky: Please liaise with Paddy, he's got cunning plans on this.  :Luv:

Lexy

(Lexy speak)
Paddy, :Luv2: mummy did destroi banduj :( is icky buts you can haz it if ya likes :Luv:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2009, 07:27:25 AM »
 :shify:  Dunt yoo be der worriting Lexy - yoo sees how we's all plottin cunnin' feline plans ter getchoo owt.  :Luv2:  Hold on dere, me luvverly.  :hug:  :shify:

Paddy xx

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Re: Day One of My Captivity
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2009, 21:41:58 PM »
Lots of gentle headbutts from Archie and Parki :hug:

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2009, 13:46:02 PM »
Dear lexy

Bailey Wilson - recovered here

I spent 6 weeks in captivity - in a pen at the vets - humans did visit and then in to pen at home then moved on up to isolation suite or the guest bathroom

I have all sorts of idea's to help with the escape plot and the Clan Cats have lots of idea's as we were all grounded for 3 days in June after Parents abanonded us.

Puma another Clan Cat here I spent 11 weeks in a kitten pen with a metal object in my body after a car hit me - I know all the escape plans and am willing to share

PS there are a lot of Clan cats so plenty idea's on how to freak out humans

If in doubt dial Sweetie and she will round us up for a pow wow! :naughty:

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2009, 12:47:50 PM »
Sending lots of love and speedy recovery wishes to you and Lexy xxxx Bilbo is wondering if Lexy would like to be his pen cage pal seeing as they are both stuck in cages at the moment
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2009, 12:33:12 PM »
I am sendin yoo my best wishes for a cleva escape Lexy an can understand ow yoo feel, I will try and think of some cunnin plot to elp yoo  :hug:

Sasa

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2009, 11:48:57 AM »
Aw poor Lexy and Kitty, its awful having to be confined not fun for you Lexy and certainly not for mum! This cage will make you big and strong once more so you must trust your mum as she does this all for you!  :Luv2: :hug: :hug:

Escaping is not good.....I hope you settle madam, tis for your best!  ;)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2009, 11:42:48 AM »
Poor you guys....I'd say Lexy but I know how awful I feel when I have to make any of my cats deal with something. Sage gets allergies and her eyes are so runny today - which means eye drops. She absolutely hates them..... :tired:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2009, 10:48:49 AM »
Awww poor Lexy and poor you, what an ordeal you've both had.

Link to CatChat