Author Topic: Minimopsical - A Special Girl with severe Cerebral Hypoplasia  (Read 9213 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Minimopsical - A Special Girl with severe Cerebral Hypoplasia
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 18:53:03 PM »
Oh such a worry when they are like that - perhaps you need to get her a charge to train so she can have extra portions of kitten food

Maybe she is just picking up your vibes Aunty T and wants to come out in sympathy

All paws crossed at teh Clan for the divine Miss M :Luv2:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 15:58:34 PM »
Aw bless her, hope she's feeling more perky soon  :hug:

That's not a huge weight loss over a year, and she look pretty small from her photos anyway?

I have to say I adore Minimopsical, she's such a special girl and I for one am so pleased you didn't take the vets advice when she first came to you, she is blessed to be with you T  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 15:09:04 PM »
When is Minimopsical seeing the vet, Teresa?
We saw Andy this morning. She weighed in at 2.7kg last recorded weight 3.1kg over a year ago. He cant really find anything wrong but agrees she is not the usual happy playful Minimopsical she usually is, she is infact more like an old lady. She had convenia jab just incase, as full profile to be done in couple weeks and possible dental. He also thinks she may be feeling useless because she has no little charges at present,guess she got used to being fairy catmother to so many.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 14:47:28 PM »
When is Minimopsical seeing the vet, Teresa?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 13:13:07 PM »
Lots of luck with the vet visit xx  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 12:56:41 PM »
Just want to add a little update, Minimopsical will be 6 years old on Mayday.

I am honoured to share my birthday with Minimopsical  :Luv2:

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 21:08:56 PM »
Minimopsical is such an inspirational and special little kitty, hope her vet trip goes well and I have my fingers crossed for her  :)

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 19:31:01 PM »
Just want to add a little update, Minimopsical will be 6 years old on Mayday. She is seeing the vet this week for a thorough check up as she has steadily been losing weight, her picture taken last week looks ok, but we are concerned about her as last bloods showed kidney and pancreatic issues.

When we first took on Minimopsical many people said we were being cruel and should PTS, but as the years have gone by I can truthfully say she has enjoyed her life thus far. From a carers side there have been times when I despaired at the amount of work she caused especially with toileting issues; I think Minimopsical has had such a successful life because we knew when to encourage Independence and when to help  and of course we were lucky enough to set her to work with other needy ones a job she enjoys.
On reflection I am glad that a suitable home was never offered to Minimopsical because she has lead such an enriched life here, however to anyone thinking of taking on a seriously disabled cat I would urge you spend many hours with the cat first learning everything you can,too easy to fall in love then realise you cant keep up with the work.
There is a magical relationship to be had with cats like Minimopsical if you feel its for you Go for it; but it is not for the faint hearted. 

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Minimopsical - A Special Girl with severe Cerebral Hypoplasia
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 17:27:53 PM »
Five years ago Paws Inn Rescue was graced with the presence of Minimopsical. This special girl would like to take you through the journey that has been her life. Rather than have us tell the story for her, Minimopsical has found her own way of sharing it with you...........

My story starts on May 1st 2004, when I was born in a field in a pile of nettles under an old trailer. My cat meowmy escaped from a farm you see.

There was this lovely old lady who fed my cat meowmy, and she called Aunty Teresa, because the mean ol' farmer lady found us and told the old lady that she was going to drown us in a bucket! Off went the farmer lady for her bucket, and before a HUGE tragedy could befall us Aunty Teresa rescued me and my three siblings and took us to live at Paws Inn.

My cat meowmy had hardly any milk and I was very weak. I weighed all of 2 ounces then and if it hadn't been for Aunty Teresa, well I wouldn't have made it.

Aunty Teresa fed us all through syringes, but for me this was very difficult. I kept having little spasms you see.

Aunty Teresa fed me every two hours day and night and would talk to me, telling me stories so that she could keep awake. She was so tired, that one night she called me Minimopsical by mistake. The name stuck and I liked it so much no one is allowed to shorten it!

When I was about 3 weeks old, I began to thrive. Aunty Teresa had weaned me onto kitten food, and I guess that's what saved my life. I tried to walk around a bit by this time, but I kept falling over. I could do somersaults and back flips like a trapeze artist too!

My cat meowmy and siblings soon found homes and I remained at Paws Inn. It was after a few visits to the man-with-needles that my new Meowmy (Aunty Teresa) was told that I had severe Cerebral Hypoplasia and that I would not survive long.

Off we went back to the Inn back to a lovely white cat named Snowball who used to play with me all the time. She washed me and taught me how to be a lady. She would play with me in my castle and just, well, look after me I guess.

Then came the day that Snowball was adopted by Aunty Gail and I thought I would be alone forever.

When I was 10 months old I had a stroke of some kind. I became blind and totally paralyzed. The man-with-needles said that it was best to make me sleep forever, but Meowmy said "No!". She insisted I get steroids and then took me home. After about 2 days I regained my sight and one week later I was back to my somersaulting self!

So I can walk, but I fall over a great deal. One step, two steps, then whoops!... I get up again. Mealtimes are a bit messy since I can only pick at my food like a pigeon and it can fly everywhere especially when I fall into the food.

I have a special tray lined with training pads to help me... well... (whisper) piddle and poop! Meowmy helps me to clean up because I have to lay on my side to... well... you know! I can't use a regular tray with litter... well you can imagine what happens there when I somersault can't you?!

Paws Inn is always busy with cats in and out, and being alone has not been a problem for me. Sometimes I like being alone!

I soon realised that I had a lot to teach all the new residents. I helped little Peg who had to have her leg amputated and needed a meowmy so I stepped in. I help calm the feral kittens and show them all my tricks and most important, how lovely humans can be. I also helped Rosey who lost her leg after a collar injury.

And of course I survived Estella. Estella the bengal who never stopped. I figure if I can handle Estella, I can take care of any babies needing help!

I have been to the man-with-needles lots recently as I am having trouble with my teeth and kidneys. You see, I don't make enough saliva to clean my teeth. I have to have a dental, but they have to make me sleep for a bit when they do this, so the man-with-needles is a bit worried it will be too dangerous for me. So I get pills and toothpaste instead... yuck!

My kidneys are suffering due to all the muscle spasms I get and erm.. something about my body making extra chemicals to cope and my kidneys are overworking themselves.

I am feeling fine at the moment and to be honest, I think I have only used up 2 of my lives!

Apart from the visits to the man-with-needles, I need lots of those puppy pads (actually I call them Minimopsical pads... puppies do not come into it!), and I need the special care to help me live the rest of my 7 lives.

So this is my story, on the next page are lots of pics of me with my friends at Paws Inn and a few of well... just me!

If you would like to make a donation to Paws Inn to help me and any of the "innmates" please click here - Donate to Paws Inn   to Make a Donation.

Hugs and back flips from Minimopsical x

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 17:41:10 PM by Tiggy's Mum, Reason: to change Paws Inn link as new website »

Link to CatChat