Author Topic: My Ducha only has 3 legs  (Read 8598 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: My Ducha only has 3 legs
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 14:28:42 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Valkyriekat

• Kitten
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 14:21:05 PM »
I have a skiing gouge across one of the seat cushions - two parallel lines that are at least a foot long.  We'd only had H for a few days and I startled him, which caused him to cross the width of the room at knee height - a single leap with traction gained from the cushion.  At least I know that the cushion is made of extremely good quality leather as I can see how thick it is...

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 14:06:39 PM »
He sounds very much like Ducha whose back leg also slips when he is lying down and in the night I often get a claw in my side LOL

Ducha is now 16 years old and no you never mentioned your leather but nor did I mention mine  :rofl: and the arm on one side has the marks from one of Duchas skiing accidents!

He was happily lying on the arm and suddenly started to slip so grabed with both front paws has he was going backwards but his weight just pulled him down............sigh

I foolishly tried to catch him but couldnt cos I am not very quick, got scratched as well but that was the beiginning of the end for my nice new leather sofa!!

Offline Valkyriekat

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 14:00:50 PM »
H is well balanced on hard surfaces and he adapts for softer surfaces like the bed by dropping his back leg down, so the whole area between his knee and his paw is used.  A normal lap is beyond him, his back leg either slips off the side or slips down the gap and he panics if he hasn't got control.

I don't know when or how he lost his leg, but he was about 6 when we got him.  His front end and tail are very muscular and sometimes it looks as though his back leg has moved over slightly, but not always - it really does depend how he stands at the time.

H is the same as Ducha in that he can run like the wind, but jumping isn't good.  He favours the dig the claws in and pull method for getting up on to furniture.  Did I ever tell you that I used to have a beautiful leather suite....  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 13:44:13 PM »
Ducha is very well balanced but cant cope with laps.

He sleeps lying against me at night and he purrs like a tractor. His latest game is sticking a wet nose in my ear and pushing and pushing, took me forever to stop him last night LOL

I think he only lost the leg in the year before coming to me cos he has been here nearly 4 years now and his tail leans towards his missing back leg and his one back leg seenms to be more central.

He races over the ground at 100mph but cant jump that high.

Trying to get him to eat more cos he has lost some weight in last 6 months.

Offline Valkyriekat

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 13:24:38 PM »
My cat 'H' only has 3 legs and he was never comfortable sat on a lap, although it was clear that he wanted to (he's a rescue cat and there were/are huge insecurity issues).  His balance is very poor, but he is far happier if I lie down on the settee, which gives him a larger surface area to get comfortable on.  I can't touch him while he's settling down either, although I do keep an arm raised in case he slips, but once he's settled, he's absolutely fine.  The only problem then is that I can't hear the telly over his purring and invariably, the remote is on the other side of the room!

It might be worth a try with Ducha.   :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 13:14:14 PM »
I joined catchat in March 2005 when I got Tilly and her bengal tum was playing up!  So they must have been really new, my Star is the same, she just has too much attitude!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 13:12:35 PM »
Angie new I wanted a birman and she found Franta and Ducha who needed a new home. She kindly brought them to me and this would be around early 2005 I think.

They were so confident and just walked out of their cage and explored.....it was Misa and Sasa who just hated them.

Neither still like Ducha but that could be because he attcked both of them ...............sigh

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 13:01:26 PM »
did they come from Angie orginally?  you already had them when I joined catchat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 12:36:51 PM »
Thank you all and yes Angie it doesnt seem that lonh but it is  ;D

Just looking at that picture I can see he has definately lost weight as he was 200grams lighter at the vets yesterday......I ned to find away of getting him to eat more and fresg salmon isnt it LOL....he doesnt like it out of tins cos he says he a posh cat  :rofl:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 09:13:20 AM »
What a very handsome boy you got there Gill  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 08:48:58 AM »
My goodness - has it really been that long! Tell him Auntie Ang sends her best wishes for a happy birthday.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 08:10:26 AM »
Beautiful hat you got there Gill.  ;)   :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
My Ducha only has 3 legs
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 21:19:30 PM »
I didnt know him when he had four but lost a leg agter an accident outside when he was 11/12.........I took him on when he was 12 and he will be 16 next week.

He always had a problem getting comfy on my lap so he is not a lap cat and have noticed over the last 4 years that his appearance has changed.

His one back leg now seem to be much more central and his tail leans to the side where the missing leg is.  This has happened after he came to me so I reckon that his leg had not been gone that long when he came here......just long enough for all the fur to grow back.

He is a happy little man and pops up an down the stairs and into the garden occcasionally but he prefers to stay in the bedroom mostly and sleeps lying against me at night.

I reckon he must have been a real devil with 4 legs and rushing around and into everything. He is very very quick across the ground and up the stairs but cant jump very high. I think his little life was quite upset by this  and I so wish I had known him with 4 legs.

He ambushes and chases his brother mostly at night grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....birmans are soooooo noisy  ;D

He likes to curl himself around my head at night and will also use his back leg to push me across the bed  :rofl:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 21:55:18 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Link to CatChat