Author Topic: Hi from noob  (Read 2634 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: Hi from noob
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 13:26:47 PM »
Welcome to Purrs, Jess: glad you found us and decided to join  ;D

I must say, I'm impressed by your loyalty to your employer  :evillaugh:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 13:19:38 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

Offline Kae

• Kitten
  • Babs
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 09:15:23 AM »
Hi Jess,

Thought I'd say h since I'm new also. Look forward to speaking with you

Kae

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 07:09:23 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Jess,

look forward to hearing more about you and you furry family  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 16:47:04 PM »
Hi and welcome. I only have 8 cats (pathetic, I know) :) They range from about 18 months to 14+. Only one female, my old girl Stinky who I have had since she was a kitten and is now 12.  You must post pics of your furbabes, its compulsory :)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 14:28:42 PM »
Hi Jess and  :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Hope you love it here, we're all not just cat mad, but animal mad too, so you'll fit right in  ;D

I don't have a furbabe at the moment, my baby boy Max had to be put to sleep last week as he was extremely ill, his picture is on my siggy and he was the most handomest of handsome boys  :Luv2:  He was FIV+ as well, there's a few of us on here who have FIV babes, and I'll certainly be looking to home another cat, hopefully another FIV+ one, very soon xxxx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 12:46:21 PM »
I have 15 cats Jess, ranging from 1yrs to 18yrs old....not 18 cats (I near panicked and thought I had more when you posted that!)  :evillaugh:

There is only two of my cats that dont get on but they do tolerate each other!  ;)

If you are having any probs with yours with ref to behaviour maybe do a thread in the Health & Beahviour Sect...so many peeps with so many proven solutions on here!  ;) :hug:

Offline exchangeandmart

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 12:35:32 PM »
42 cats, that's incredible, how do you manage to look after them all? I have trouble enough with my brood, I'm seriously impressed and would love to hear any tips you have to offer. Really enjoying this forum already!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 22:23:17 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

I am so pleased the horses dont live in the house  :rofl: :rofl:

I have 4 cats and each one an individual terror  ;D

Love to see some pictures of yours  ;D

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 21:04:08 PM »
Welcome to the best place in the world - I am the Clan cats number currently at 42 and holding - unless Miss Indie last weeks trapped lady is pregnant - vets visit to sort that one tomorrow and the Clan cats pets their 3 dogs - Jazz a JRT and Sky and Sunny 2 Border collie hooligans aged 11 months and 2 years

I have a cat mad husband and a large abode with a large mortgage for this lot! :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 14:35:28 PM »
Hi Jess  :welcome: to Purrs,

My furry family is a bit smaller than yours ... I have 3 kitties (2 abys & and tortie terror  :rofl:) .. Foxy and Zephyr (the abys) are bother and sister and are 7 years old and Rossi the terror is nearly 3.  (there are loads of pics of my gang in the Cat stories section http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/board,14.0.html).

Looking forward to getting to know you and your gang.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline exchangeandmart

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 14:19:39 PM »
Wow I'm humbled by your effort Bazsmum, that's an impressive family, 18 cats?! How do you manage to keep harmony between them and the birds? I used to have a corn snake, well I had 3 in the space of about 2 weeks, because one died unexpectedly, the second escaped and didn't take too kindly to being caught and by the third one I thought I should stick to the fluffy animals! I'll try and get some pics up soon, the same for you please.

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 14:00:04 PM »
Hi Jess and welcome to Purrs!

I'm also a complete animal lover although my landlady will only allow us to keep 1 cat and an aquarium of tropical fish.  I'm about to start volunteering for the local cat rescue though so could possibly be tempted to foster other furbabies short-term :shify:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,26287.0.html

Playing on the bridge - Sooty, Misty, Tim, Tom, Ebony and Pepsi - I miss you all and think of you often

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 13:46:35 PM »
Oh I have many, many here lol! Here goes..... 15 cats ranging from 1 to 18yrs old, 1 dog, 12 birds (5 cockatiels and 7 budgies), 1 corn snake called Den (pink she is lovely), 2 rats, 2 gerbils and a leopard gecko!  :Crazy:

Mine is a big abode thank heavens!  :evillaugh:

Im sure if you have a stroll through the forum you will come across many stories, hope you stay and enjoy!  ;) :hug:

Do you have any pics of your brood?  :pic: :print:

Offline exchangeandmart

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 13:37:08 PM »
I'd love to hear about your animal family, it's nice to hear others' stories hence why I've joined here.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 13:26:06 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Noob..... :)

Wow you do have some animals there (as do I lol!) I think you will find on this forum not only cat lovers but total animal lovers like yourself!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline exchangeandmart

• Kitten
Hi from noob
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 12:49:50 PM »
Hi, I'm Jess, I've just joined this forum so thought I'd better introduce myself. I'm a little bit animal crazy, my house is overrun by animals whether they're strays or my own. At the moment the total comes to 3cats, 2horses (they don't live in the house) and 2dogs. The 3 cats have arrived individually and made themselves at home, Tom, Sally and Pepper. My horses are called Vinnie and Charlie, I've had Vinnie for 12 years and Charlie for 7 years. I've got 2 boxers called Tinker and Dodger, Tinker's only 6months and Dodger's 2, they're both very naughty! I'm sure you'll all hear much more about them soon! I love sports, cars and work with exchange and mart. Looking forward to talking to you all soon.

Link to CatChat