Author Topic: Beautiful black n white cat always out at night  (Read 3737 times)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: Beautiful black n white cat always out at night
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2007, 00:17:07 AM »
Was shocked cos mine was only £9.99 from Argos.

Recently had one put in the bedroom door as the cats have been driving me mad playing 'wrong side of the door'. I have them fitted by a decorator friend, and he does it for free.

I wouldn't be without catflaps. I read that Newton, or some similar scientist, was the first to invent one. He cut a hole in the door and put a piece of carpet over it as a flap.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline jo

• Adult Cat
  • Toby and Tom xx
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 08:14:45 AM »
Mine just like to invite all their friends in with them!! When we got our new doors we asked to have a flap put in and its a multi way, it can lock differently.  I would paid 80 pounds any day for it.  It great ;)

Offline trudge1978

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 23:21:34 PM »
my cat go out first thing in the morning ( after they have had breakfast ) and i always make sure they are in by about 9pm at the latest and they know it i will give them a shout and they come running
Trudi and the gang

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 23:12:37 PM »
£80 FOR A CAT FLAP!  :what: :donate2: They saw you coming!

Is it made of gold!
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 20:03:04 PM »
well i have had to take moomins cat flap off her as she insists on fetching in at least 2 LIVE mice a day to play with , when me and the hubby woke up one night to moomin chasing a mouse under the bed that was it
i was screeming , hubby screeming and the babies screeming
so that flap had to go

good job too as it was a massive rat at the back door the other night  :sick:

now i let moomin out of the door she likes to go out at night and if i dont let her she meows and scratches the stairs carpet
if she meows i let her back in
we have fields at the back and she has cat friends
she does stay in when its raining though

Offline jo

• Adult Cat
  • Toby and Tom xx
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 15:11:24 PM »
I have a cat flap and mine love it they come and go as they please, the best 80 pounds i have ever spent. xx :)

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 07:55:26 AM »

My friend Sooty ...............vvvvvvvvvvvv

Awwwwwwww he is lovely!  :Luv: I love cats with socks  :wow:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 07:07:43 AM »
I know most of you will   at me, but my cats are happy.

Well I won't, If you choose to let your cats out at night and ignore the reasons why most people won't and why some rescues will not home to people who want to let cats out at night, that is entirely your choice and right.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 22:40:04 PM »
At the risk of incurring the wrath of everyone  here.......
Polly has white ears and a white nose, consequently I keep my cats in during the day and let them out at night (during the summer, in the winter they have complete freedom to come and go). They have a cat flap and litter tray. They mostly stay in and sleep, being old, but occasionally go for a stroll.
Polly HATES suncream, washes it off the minute I put it on; so this is the only solution I can come up with.
I know most of you will  :censored: at me, but my cats are happy.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 19:50:15 PM »
Mine can go out if they want and Sasa runs away if I try and keep her in.

I like to know where they all are before I go to bed and they are all in. As I am a nite person the big cats are often out before I get up.

When I was in London there were cats roaming all the time , its just considered normal and I had a beautifil b&W visit me evry single night, i was so sad to leave him behind and knew where he lived and he came a long way to visit.

I told his owners I was moving cos the thougt of him visiting an empty house looking for me was heartbreaking.

he was enormous at least as big as Misa, if not bigger.

My friend Sooty ...............vvvvvvvvvvvv

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Debbie

• Senior Cat
  • Sam - missing since 29th August 2007 xx
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 19:23:37 PM »
I used to have a cat that would not stay in at night for love nor money. He would literally unravel my hall carpet to get out at night like he was digging his way out of prison.  I relented and let him out. Thats not to say I would do the same again now though

With Sam, he likes his little ventures out to stretch his legs morning and evening but I rarely let him out if I know I wont be home.  I have not had him that long still and a couple of months back he did not come home.  Well the looney that I am I got really upset thinking he would never return and even went to the extreme of sleeping (not that I got any) on my sofa with the patio door open!  It was about zero degrees outside.  He waltzed in at about 5 in the morning like nothing was wrong.  I went to work with eyes like this  :Crazy: through lack of sleep.

Offline Catz

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 18:41:36 PM »
I'm a cat out during the day but in on a night. My Magnum and Toffee go out when I let the dog out first thing in the morning and they are witing at the door to go in when I go home.Sometimes Magnum will go out when I let the dog out for the last time but I leave the kitchen window open for him and he's back in before long.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 07:43:38 AM »
As we dont know the owner, there could be a good explanation for this - Ginger had quite a few 'nights out' while I had him, as he had lived on the streets for years and didn't always understand why mum wanted him in - he was a master at sitting in one place till you got close, then running away and he knew just where to sit under a car so you couldn't reach him from any angle!!! The neighbours cats get the occasional night out for similar reasons, they have always had a home life, but still think it is fun from time to time to run away from mum. I also ended up taking one of teh neighbours cats in one night, as he was really thin and out late - turned out the day after that he had been let out for his last wee, and they were really worred as he never left their street!! The good thing from that was that they thought he was thin due to age, I advised them to go to the vet and he was diagnosed with hyper-t.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 07:37:24 AM »
suppose too many people are living in the 50's

I think you are right.

im starting to think the black n white cat hasnt got a very caring home thou

Perhaps you could ask Cats Protection for a paper collar and put a message on it 'am I lost or do I belong to you' with your phone number on.

I know exactly what you mean about seeing a cat in the same place at the same time,  although we know that cats should not be out after dark and a litter tray should always be provided, some people let them out for a last wee and a leisurely stroll just before they go to bed and 10.00 o'clock is not really late.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 07:25:45 AM »
I suppose too many people are living in the 50's

"Bring in the dog & put out the cat, yakkety yak"  :censored: :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 07:11:43 AM »
I know.  It's worrying, isn't it?  I like to know Pad is safe and sound in the house when we go to bed, although he can come and go as he likes, he's normally curled asleep by 9  :)   But we did have a cat once whose preferred time for going out was at night.  She would sleep all day and go out at night.  It always worried me.  On balance, I'm a "cat in at night" person.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 00:05:14 AM »
I can't sleep til I know my cats are in. Luckily our garden is quite enclosed so they don't go out of the garden. Clapton can get over but the 1st noise and he's in!. I can't go to sleep until they are in safe & sound and can't understand how anyone can leave their cat out all night and not worry. We saw a cat the other day waiting outside someone's front door to get in and it's quite a busy road - it's beyond me  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
Beautiful black n white cat always out at night
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 23:14:01 PM »
Every evening we take the dog for his last walk about 10
and outside the flats that are over the road
there is always a beautiful cat sitting there all alone  :'(
im sorry but i dont think any cat should be out at night in the dark and cold
people make me sick
i know some people make there cat stay out at night omg why not get a litter tray thats wat they are for after all !
i cant believe anyone can sit indoors relaxing knowing there cat is on the streets
then a bit further up the road we saw another cat no older than my max imo ,also out roaming the street
then 2 roads up another cat was out roaming the street too ,
i felt like taking them home in the warm and showing them what homes and mummys are really for ,
but i cant just take someones cat i know ,
im starting to think the black n white cat hasnt got a very caring home thou
thats if he has a home at all . :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Link to CatChat