Author Topic: Poor baby cat UPDATED WITH PIX (Ihope) UPDATED AGAIN RIP baby  (Read 4500 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Poor baby cat
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 19:47:28 PM »
Great to hear a nice story - there have been so many sad ones lately  :Luv2:

Well done to Nigel  :hug: (and you  :hug: )
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 19:16:36 PM »
What a lovely ending to something that could have been a tragedy  ;D

Cats seem to gravitate to those who care .....

Many hugs for helping  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:  :)
People Power Works!!!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 18:40:40 PM »
Aww, Nigel sounds like a lovely person, definitely a happy ending.  ;D

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Poor baby cat UPDATED WITH PIX (Ihope) UPDATED AGAIN RIP baby
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 18:35:37 PM »
I am quite friendly with my local police officer (who loves cats, she has 5) and the support officer.  Yesterday tea time they knocked on my door and asked for help.  They had something in the police car which they said would upsest me!  I went to look and there was this poor emaciated little half grown cat.  The support officer said he thought it was dying.  They had seen it in the road and it had just missed being hit by a car.  It's little bones were poking out, its eyes runny and it looked so weak and sad.  I went in to get some cat food and it flew across the seat and devoured it with relish.  Anyway obviously I couldn't take it in because of Charlie and his hyperesthesia.  They had phoned the RSPCA who didn't want to know as they said "the police have it".  So we knocked on good old neighbour Nigel's door to see if he could keep it overnight with a view to getting it into the local rescue the next day.  Guess what?  I think you will.  Nigel is keeping it (making his lot now 7),  It ate two and a half more tins of food (only small tins I hasten to add) and some roast chicken and whilst not wishing to over stretch it's little tummy, we wanted to see it satisfied.  It was absolutely soaking wet and you can feel every bone in it's body.  It's only young, prob about 6 months or something and must have been starving for ages.  Anyway after it had its enormous supper it settled purring on Nigel's sofa whilst his other 6 looked on in disgust.  He has bathed its eyes and is going to take it over to the vet but wanted to give it a chance to settle a little first.  Happy ending methinks:)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 11:02:55 AM by Maddiesmum »

Link to CatChat