Author Topic: A cat lingering about...  (Read 2432 times)

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
Re: A cat lingering about...
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 22:16:18 PM »
Not chipped-I didnt think she would be  :tired:

And I didnt dare ask the vet to feel her stomach as she had peed in the box and was covered in it  :sick:

So will have to wait to see if 1 her stomach grows  :scared: 2 she comes into season 3 hopefull she dont get 1 or 2 and she is spayed  :)
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 13:45:39 PM »
good luck at the vets

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 13:44:58 PM »
Des my aunt has been feeding this cat morning, noon and night for the past 2 weeks so her "owner" is obviously not feeding her  :shify:

Just strange how its been said that they cant afford to feed her anymore, then she has her collar off and is going elsewhere for food. It all adds up for me and Im not prepaired to leave any cat that I know of on the streets scrounging for food.  :shy:

My aunt also thinks she may be pregnant-the cat that is, so I guess the vets check today will tell  :shify:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 08:50:31 AM »
Some people shut their cats out alot and dont offer trays, 2 such cat owners live in my cul de sac, the animals arent abused or neglected but arent living the type of lives which we all think is appropriate for a cat  :(

I am amazed how often it happens. My mum was telling me that my SIL told her that her 12 year old cat had started to go to the toilet by the back door. When questioned, it turned out that she is kept in overnight (which is good in itself) but has no flap or tray  >:( - my mum told her she must get a litter tray - my SIL said she was surprised as the cat had always managed to hold it overnight in the past  >:( - I had a similar thing with a friend at uni - I also advised her to get a tray.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 07:57:28 AM »
I would put a poster up as well CC, just because they might not offer the home we would, doesn't mean that she shouldn't be with them, especially when there are so many cats who desperately need a home in rescue. i have neighbours who leave their cat out more than I like, but we have 50 cats at the rescue, so while he has someone who looks out for him and he gets regular food, there is nothing more we can do. It is sad to see though.
Please spay your cat

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 15:28:24 PM »
arent living the type of lives which we all think is appropriate for a cat  :(

Exactly- and this for me means that those who dont understand cats, shouldnt have cats really  :shy:

Am going to take her to be scanned and then see if a rescue can take her if she's not.

Must be the best route for the cat? Well it is in my opinion  :shy:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 15:23:59 PM »
Some people shut their cats out alot and dont offer trays, 2 such cat owners live in my cul de sac, the animals arent abused or neglected but arent living the type of lives which we all think is appropriate for a cat  :(

Your options are to a) put her back, b) keep her or c) get her into rescue

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 15:08:38 PM »
What are you like?  :innocent:

Have you any pics of this doll?  :shify:

Im sure if this cat only lived over the road it would not be living in someones garden unless their home life was awful!  :(

Good on you for taking this little one in and I hope she gets on with the gang!  :Luv: :hug:

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 14:57:41 PM »
Ok said cat is now in my house, Im going to take her to the vets tomorrow to be scanned  :) but where do I go from there  :-:

Im pretty sure she's been left to stray- collar removed and round my aunts 24/7, also sleeping in the bush and using the back of the garden as a litter tray. Tell me why would a cat be doing this if it had a home to go to?  :shify:

Like its been said before-cat's make their own choices about where they want to live, but sadly my aunt cant take her in as her partner doesn't like cats  :shy:

I think Ive done whats best for this cat, and of course if anyone goes knocking at my aunts- concerned about this cat, they may have her back  :)

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 11:48:18 AM »
Well said cat is still hanging around, we know whos cat it is but its always hanging round my aunts for food-everyday now. Why would it not be going home if its getting fed there?  :-:

Anyways I nearly took her last night but changed my mind-dont want to become the victim of any abuse.

I would be taking her to the vets to be scaned- helps my case if anything  :)

My aunt says the child is full of obsenaties-so I can only imagine what the parents are like  :scared:

So do I take her or what?  :evillaugh:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 16:35:05 PM »
I'd knock on the door and say your aunt has found a cat in her garden, which might be a stray and you are asking around to see if anyone knows if it has an owner

I wouldn't have thought that would arouse suspicion
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 15:40:11 PM »
I too would try to speak to the owners , and then take the poor puss to the vets - it may be womone has lost their cat and it may be chipped. :Luv2:

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 15:30:11 PM »
I wouldnt take the childs word for it, how wonderful they are at telling such tales!

Possibly true, but then 'out of the mouths of babes'.

If possible I would talk to the 'owners' or other neighbours to try and establish the true situation. If this is not an option I would try the collar with note suggestion and if still no joy take to the vet and check for chip and if neutered. In my book if it isn't chipped or neutered then it is a stray and needs a loving home.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 14:57:05 PM »
I wouldnt take the childs word for it, how wonderful they are at telling such tales!

Can she stick a collar on saying is this your cat, if they dont reply then you know for sure they arent interested

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 14:16:43 PM »
I guess its unlikely the cat would be chipped, but if you could check that out, and there wasn't a chip, then I guess it would be easy for said cat to 'wander off'  ;)

The best way to deal with it would be to speak to the owners directly to find out exactly what's going on, but I can obviuosly appreciate that this might not be an option.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 13:47:50 PM »
Somebody say something  :shify:

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
A cat lingering about...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:18:07 PM »
There has been a cat lingering around my auntys house-its there every day, morning noon and night. They have been told from the child of the owner that this cat is not getting fed because they need to feed the dog- could be mixed up kids things I know but.....

After this has been said I had noticed that this cats collar has been taken off, and my aunt now thinks its been left to stray-with the amount of time it spends round there.

My aunt thought this was a different cat, there were 2 cats round there-as she thought, both tabbies one with a collar and one with no collar. We only realised that this is the same cat, not 2 different ones.

All seems a bit strange to me that the owners child has said this, then the cats collar is gone  :shify:

So any advice on what can be done?

I have no problem with taking this cat for it to be rehomed (broken heart again  :evillaugh: ) but its whats best for the cat in my opinion.

I have also been told the family are a bit well, not the kind of people that are of the good sort  :scared:

Link to CatChat