Author Topic: Frontline Combo and Milbemax, where can I get this cheapest please?  (Read 5296 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Frontline Combo and Milbemax, where can I get this cheapest please?
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 22:07:33 PM »
Frontline Combo treats the environment too by killing any flea eggs, larvae etc so belt and braces really.  Frontline spot on is fine - if you have a flea problem rather than just treating as a preventative measure then you can get vet strength flea sprays (Indorex, Acclaim, Staykill etc) to treat the environment once a year.

http://www.baronscourtvet.co.uk/frontline-vs-frontline-combo/

You can get the Drontal from VetUK too, they're not palatable so I doubt she'd eat one willingly though! I normally hide them in a blob of dairylea cheese  :shify:

Don't worry she didn't have the keys on her at that time........... don't worry she has racing leathers and a helmet, it is a sight!!
It's a bit like the attached helmet!  ;)

Phew! That's a relief  :evillaugh:

Offline Crazy Jo

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 21:33:58 PM »
Sorry Jo but that's just plain irresponsible... where is Pootle's helmet  :naughty:  :evillaugh:

Frontline Combo DOES require a prescription and seeing as your vet can now charge (whatever they like) for it then it may not be much cheaper, if at all, to get it online - the same goes for Milbemax.  Normal frontline spot on DOESN'T need a prescription and is normally loads cheaper online. You can also get Drontal worming tablets without a prescription but they're quite big so you either need to be skilled with hiding tablets or good at forcing them down!

Hi Helen,

thanks for the message,  :wow: what a quick reply.........and thanks SAM for the Vetuk website I will have a look.

Don't worry she didn't have the keys on her at that time........... don't worry she has racing leathers and a helmet, it is a sight!!
It's a bit like the attached helmet!  ;)

Will she be ok with Normal frontline spot on? whats the main difference?
Yeah she eats everything we put down so can't see a problem with a larger tablet, shoudl we get this from vetuk as well?

thanks for your help everyone its really appreciated

Crazy Jo & Pootle Cat xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 21:22:21 PM »
Sorry Jo but that's just plain irresponsible... where is Pootle's helmet  :naughty:  :evillaugh:

Frontline Combo DOES require a prescription and seeing as your vet can now charge (whatever they like) for it then it may not be much cheaper, if at all, to get it online - the same goes for Milbemax.  Normal frontline spot on DOESN'T need a prescription and is normally loads cheaper online. You can also get Drontal worming tablets without a prescription but they're quite big so you either need to be skilled with hiding tablets or good at forcing them down!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 21:07:24 PM »
Have you tried VetUK? (if you buy them please use one of the links via the "links" page as this means a recue will get commission http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?action=links;cat=7  )

BTW ... Love the pic of Pootle the "Hells Angel" .... she is sooo pretty  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 21:34:55 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Crazy Jo

• Kitten
Frontline Combo and Milbemax, where can I get this cheapest please?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 21:00:25 PM »
Hi everyone,

been looking all over the site forum but got a bit lost, so thought I would type my own message  :-:

when we got little Pootle we where given Frontline Combo and Milbemax, now its time to buy some more so wheres the best place? and should I be using this or are there any other suggestions please?  ;D

I have found this website does it look cheap here? www.petcaremart.co.uk

Do we need a prescription? some websites are saying we do, this seems funny to me and Pootle and we don't understand it!!

Any help appreciated thanks everyone,

oh and heres a picture of Pootle riding my other halfs motorbike to make you smile  :wow:

xx Crazy Jo & Pootle Cat xx

Link to CatChat