Author Topic: Home desperately needed for 8 year old tortoise-shell (Unknown Outcome)  (Read 2854 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Presumably this will be sorted now so will move and lock.

Any updates please pm me  :thanks:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline herbie__53

• Kitten
Re: Home desperately needed for 8 year old tortoise-shell
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 06:13:47 AM »
Hi,
She is an outdoor cat in the summer but likes her warm comforts during the winter - a nice cozy armchair in the living room is perfect!
She is housetrained too.

Sarah :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 00:06:50 AM »
Willow is gorgeous  ;D

Is she used to being an indoor or an outdoor cat?

Offline herbie__53

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 20:56:21 PM »
The Blue Cross in Felixstowe, thats the nearest one to me.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 19:07:52 PM »
Which bluecross centre did you try?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 16:06:12 PM »
sorry!!!!   yes one of mine is a torti and she can be a bit naughty at times!  sorry I can't offer any more advice but hopefully somebody who can will reply soon - I've got four already so I don't think Willow would be too impressed - good luck

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 16:05:43 PM »
just a thought - has anyone asked the people who have bought the house if they would take on Willow?

this worked for me once, and of course is ideal for the cat
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline herbie__53

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 16:04:06 PM »
Hi there,
many thanks for your reply - the vet has said before that it could be the breed..... fiery totoise-shell cats like we have fiery redhead people!

Ipswich is Suffolk lol... and I sent one giant email round all the rescues listed under Suffolk and they are all replying saying that they are full  :(

I have also put an ad in the local paper, the local pet shops and supermarkets but have heard nothing.....

I'm running out of options fast!!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated  :scared:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 15:54:39 PM »
sorry to hear about your mum, sounds like willow is just a torti!  some rescues will let you advertise on websites as a direct rehoming where the cat doesn't actually go into care - unfortunatley lots of rescues are very busy at the moment with kittens and the dodgy economy

not sure if you can find anyone here (forgive my ignorance but Ipswich is Norfolk isn't it!!)

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/norfolk.html

Offline herbie__53

• Kitten
Home desperately needed for 8 year old tortoise-shell (Unknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 15:50:39 PM »
Hi there,
I desperately need to find a home for my Mum's cat - my mum unexpectedly died of cancer last month and there is no-one to look after her cat.

Willow is currently living with Mum's partner in Mum's house, but the house has been sold and Mum's partner can't take her with him where he is going. I'm in Ipswich, Suffolk.

Willow is an 8 year old tortoise-shell, has been neutered and is up to date with her jabs (next ones due Oct this year).

She is a bit tempremental, I don't know why but she will let you stroke her for a bit but then she will turn and bite. She was never hurt as a little kitten and was played with regularly so I don't know what has made her be like this. She does rub round you and will sit on your lap - but on her terms. She was taken on by Mum when she was a tiny kitten, so Mum is all she has ever known and is a bit confused now she is gone.

She would need a home without small children because of her tendancy to scratch/bite. She will go outside most of the time during the summer but likes to be in the warm in the winter.

She can go to a home with other cats but she does not like close encounters with them. She will tolerate other cats in the house but if they come too close she will hiss and lash out.

I have checked the cats protection website and they have a waiting list of four to six weeks before they can take a cat in, and this is too long as she will need rehoming before then. I don't want her to go to RSPCA or Blue Cross as I have heard that if they cannot rehome a cat then they put them down - obviously this is a real worry to me because Willow's personality may put some people off taking her.

I'm ideally looking for a home where the owner just loves cats for being cats and will care for them no matter their temprement - I cannot bear the thought of Willow being sentenced to a cage for the next god-knows-how-long because nobody wants her due to her "mood swings"!

I'm willing to deliver the cat to the new owner, or they are welcome to collect from Ipswich, and I'll send her off with her basket, toys, and some food to keep her going for a bit.

Please can anyone help?
Many thanks,
Sarah and Willow
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 14:24:17 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat