Author Topic: Hello there  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: Hello there
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 16:11:22 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs hun.

So sorry about Misty  :'(, I know she will be up on the bridge now playing and back to full health.  :hug:

Penny is lovely  ;D

I bet you are excited about littun newbie coming  ;D What a lovely thing to do in Misty memory to adopt another cat into to a loving home.  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 14:16:21 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 20:11:58 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs.... :)

Sorry to hear about Misty!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 11:39:45 AM »

Welcome to Purrs.  :)

Penny is  :Luv:

Chloe-cat and Mr T have posted a welcome to her on the "From the Cats Mouth" section
People Power Works!!!

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 10:01:53 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Jean: glad you found us and decided to join in.  I'm sorry to hear about Misty but happy that you are giving the chance of a well-loved life to another needy little one.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 09:31:12 AM »
Hello Jean,   welcome,  I hope you like it here,  I am quite new here myself and I absolutely love it,  everyone is so friendly and helpful,  it is like having your very own family who all love cats !  Really sorry to hear about Misty  :(

Penny is already chatting with my boy Teabag on the Cats mouths forum !  hopefully she will be a regular.

:welcome:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 07:01:43 AM »
Hello Jean - welcome to Purrs  :welcome:

Am very sad to learn about Misty, but am so glad that you're able to give a home to another kitten, who I'm sure will be one of the family in no time at all.  Penny can show the new arrival the ropes.  ;)   You're right - it is fitting that as Misty slipped away, new life was being given to kittens whose future looked uncertain.  I feel sure she'd approve.   :hug:  And Bruno will no doubt get used to being bottom in the pack once more.  :evillaugh:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 23:10:53 PM »
 :welcome: Jean,

so sorry hear about Misty but hopefully your new kitty and Penny will become good pals. (Our first cat was called Penny  :Luv:)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 23:06:59 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

I am sorry to hear about Misty and am sure fate has taken a turn in this and Misty is showing you the way to go  :hug: :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 22:37:04 PM »
Hi Jean and  :welcome: to Purrs,

So sorry to hear the sad news about Misty  :hug: But it's nice to hear you are opening your heart and your home to a new little rescue kitty ... I'm sure Misty will be looking down from the bridge and smiling that you are offering a needy little soul a special place with you and Penny and the rest of the family.

Even though we are a cat forum we are also dog friendly so please feel free to post of pic of Bruno as well  ;)

Glad you've decided to join us after lurking in the shadows and I look forward to getting to know you and your furries better.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline JeanH

• Adult Cat
Hello there
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 22:30:57 PM »
I've just joined the forum after lurking for a short while and thought I should introduce myself and my family.  My name is Jean and the family currently consists of myself, my husband, our 20 month old GSD cross Bruno and most importantly from this forum's point of view, our 6 (soon to be 7) year old cat Penny. 

The sad news - until 4 weeks ago we also had a 16 year old cat named Misty.  Misty was in apparently good health for her age, no signs of arthritis or illnes and all her own teeth.  She loved to play fight with Penny and made sure Bruno knew who was boss.  One evening in May I came home to find her lying at the top of the stairs panting heavily.  My husband (who works nightshift) said she had been a little lethargic during the day.  I got Misty into her basket without protest (a very bad sign) and by the time I got to the vet's 20 minutes later she had slipped away.  Misty's kidneys had failed though not sure what had caused it - vet thinks possibly an infection or aggressive tumour that Misty was too old to fight.  Penny has grieved very badly for Misty.

The good news - in a couple of weeks time we will be getting a new kitten.  A friend of mine runs a small rescue centre and she has some gorgeous kittens who have just turned five weeks old so we'll be adopting one when they're old enough to leave their mum.  As the kittens were entering the world as my beautiful girl was preparing to leave it, it just seems like fate. I'm prepared for the traumas of introducing a new cat into the household, it's not the first time I've done it but hopefully it will go well if we do it right. 

This is Penny:

This was Misty:

I'll let you have pictures of the new kitten as soon as I have some.

Link to CatChat