Author Topic: Hello I'm new!  (Read 3100 times)

Offline BCP

• Adult Cat
Re: Hello I'm new!
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009, 11:07:18 AM »
Hi,

Liz, I'll go and have a look, you must have a busy but fun house hold!

Rocky'smum, My Coco does exactly the same when we open a packet of crisps! she's obsessed! she also does the same thing everytime we open the dvd shutter to put a dvd in, she waits for you to close it again so she can gently tep it! we do this for her  few times obviously!  :Crazy:  :rofl: They are such creatures of habbit!

Topsy Turvey, Your cats are stunny too, what lovely colours.

Phoenix (the naughty cheeky one) thinks he likes the feather duster this morning until you go near him with it, but the curoisity is geting the better of him each time!

BCP x
My 3 beautiful cats: Beau-Chinchilla 14 & 1/2yrs, Coco-Ragdoll 19 months, Phoenix-Maine Coon 18 months.

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2009, 21:59:38 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs.

Only one word I can really say about your cats "stunning".

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2009, 21:57:20 PM »
Hello BCP and  :welcome: to Purrs your puddy cats are so :Luv: :Luv:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 20:30:58 PM »
Hi! I'm new too and have just posted pics of my boys so am having a peek at everyone else's! You're 3 are just completely gorgeous. i had a laugh at the description of Coco fetching her crisp packet. My boy Bailey loves to do that too, we fold it into a triangle for him and he plays for ages....it's gotten to be somewhat of an obsession though...as soon as he see's anyone with a packet of crisps he gets really excited and thinks it's playtime!  :Crazy:

Welcome to purrs, it's full of like minded crazy cat people and is just great

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 21:32:43 PM »
In answer to your question I do have 42 cats - Stuart and his OH visited and he has seen most of them!

They are mainly feraqls not for the feinthearted I have to say but each one has a unique place here, I also have 1 or 2 domestics per feral age group - some of my ferals are nicer to the poor vets than my hand rears!

My mob can be found under the Clan Cats
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline BCP

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 20:20:46 PM »
Hi and thank you Stuart, Liz & Sam.  :)

Liz do you really have 42 cats?!

BCP x
My 3 beautiful cats: Beau-Chinchilla 14 & 1/2yrs, Coco-Ragdoll 19 months, Phoenix-Maine Coon 18 months.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 19:51:26 PM »
Hello and  :welcome: to the wonderful world of Purrs,

Your furbabes are gorgeous .... can't wait to hear all about the more and to get to know you better.

As you have already found out this site is a wonderful place with loads of really helpful information and very freindly cat mad peeps.

All the best

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 19:46:38 PM »
Welcome to Purrs

We are a cat crazy buch - I am the Clan Cats mother - all 42 of them - 1 Ragdoll, and the rest domestic and an awful lot of ferals - they have their own pets our 3 dogs - Jazz a JRT at 15 and her Boys Sky aged 2 and Sunny aged 8 months ;D

Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 19:35:10 PM »
Hiya BCP and  :welcome: to Purrs  :)

your Furbabes are simply  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline BCP

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 18:38:26 PM »
Thank you Debsymiller and Christine!  :) :)

BCP x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 16:31:10 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs: glad you found us and decided to join in  ;D
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 16:19:27 PM »
 :welcome: to the very addictive Purrs! Your puds are stunning- I look forward to hearing more about their adventures!

Offline BCP

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 15:50:29 PM »
Thank you!

Mrs R How wonderful i see your expecting twins, good luck not long to go!  :)

Helen  Your cats are very cute too! Espesicially Tiggy! :) 

Sue, She does look like she's wearing bloomers!  :rofl:

Another picture of them when Coco & Phoenix were younger Phoenix is much bigger than that now!

BCP x
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 15:55:23 PM by BCP »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 15:34:30 PM »
Hi & :welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

That's one gorgeous furry family ypu have  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 15:29:53 PM »
It has to be said, Coco has very fine bloomers, shown off to perfecton in that pic!  ;D  :evillaugh:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 15:24:47 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs and would  :Luv: cats you have, look forward to getting to know you and your cats better x

Offline BCP

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 14:06:14 PM »
I agree hee hee! :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 13:49:19 PM »
Oh bless him!  Poor Beau   :(   Mind you - it doesn't affect his handsomeness - he's a bit raffish in fact - like Cap'n Jack Sparrow of The Black Pearl........   ;)

Offline BCP

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 13:37:10 PM »
Thank you for the lovely welcomes!

Sue, I'm from Kent! its lovely here with very friendly people!  :)

Just had fun trying to shrink the photo's?  :-: Oh well! I've added a few bits about my poor Beau too, he was hit by a car recently and sadly lost his beautiful tail but he's ok which is the main thing, and he only has one eye as you may tell from the photo he was in a fight 5 years ago with a stray cat.  >:( :(

BCP x

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 13:16:53 PM »
Hiya and  :welcome: to Purrs  ;D ;D

Can't wait to hear more about you and your furbabes, they sound wonderful characters  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 13:05:19 PM »
Hi BCP  :welcome:

Your cats are beautiful  :Luv:

look forward to hearing more about them.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 12:49:26 PM »
Hello BCP - welcome to Purrs!   :welcome:

What beautiful cats - absolutely gorgeous.   Beau obviously has life sussed - plenty of snoozes and the odd catnip mouse - just right for a senior kittizen.  :)

What part of the world are you from?   Sounds wonderfully placed - a cottage by a river!   :wow:   Hope you enjoy having a potter abotu the site getting to know where everything is.  There's loads of useful and interesting stuff to read and see, and of course plentiful opportunities to talk about our cats!  ;D

Offline BCP

• Adult Cat
Hello I'm new!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 12:29:07 PM »
My first day on the site, which is great I might add, I've found it to be very helpful so far!

A little about me, I'm 35yrs old I live in a quiet village in a cottage on the river with my husband and our 3 cats!

My cats: As you can see from my pictures...sorry they are so big I cant seem to shrink them will try again later!! My oldest is Beau he is a Chinchilla cross and is 14 & 1/2 yrs old, he was a mixture of a house warming gift and my 21st gift from my Mum and Dad it was the best present I have ever recieved, he was just 8 weeks old and very mischevious, now he just loves to sleep, except the odd roll around with a catnip cushion! he recently lost his beautiful tail after being hit by a car it was awful and a real worry, but he was very lucky, also he sadly lost an eye in a fight 5 years ago  :( but he is one fighter, he has 7 lives left! he is gorgeaus and is a very pressious puss to me, we've been through alot together.
My other 2 newer additions are adorable I've had them from 12 weeks, Coco is the slightly older one she is a Ragdoll aged 19mths, she is very clever she plays fetch with a screwed up crisp packet-her fav toy, and is very beautiful, calm, and tranquil until she decides to chase and pounce on my Maine coon who is huge! She's actually on my lap as I type she's looking for the mouse curser on the screen, she loves to paw it!
My Maine Coon Phoenix is 18mths old, he is very handsome and regal looking with a ferral look about him, but he is the soppyest of them all, he's very affectionate and makes the funniest chirriping noises! But he is so mischevious, he knocks things over if he thinks it moves ie pot puree! pinches my hair bands and runs off with them....I could go on and on!, he loves water like many Maine Coons and will sit at the end of the bath if either of us are showering, then rubs himself round your wet legs when you get out, he drops toys in his water bowl then kicks it around the kitchen or drops it soking wet at your feet!
They are all so different but such lovely company in our house to both me and my husband, I will never be without a cat!

BCP x
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 14:22:49 PM by BCP »

Link to CatChat