Author Topic: TONKINESE NEEDS NEW HOME (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 7710 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: TONKINESE NEEDS NEW HOME
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 09:43:01 AM »
I'm moving this thread to sorted section now but if anyone has any updates or news please can you contact me  :thanks:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Online Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2009, 15:31:30 PM »
Hi Rosie,

Sorry to hear you are having to rehome your Tonk ... they are gorgeous cats (my mum has one).

As she is a Pedigree it might be worth conting the Tonkinese Rescue and see if they can assist you with rehoming her:  http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mymystic/Tonkinese_rescue.htm

Good luck with finding her her a new home  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2009, 19:54:46 PM »
Rosie its easy for people to misunderstand things, your first few posts indicated wanting money to cover some of what you have paid out eg selling her, you later say it was to avoid freebie hunters, which is a sensible thing to do and something i tell people if they must use free sites to consider doing.
A cat of her type wouldnt be sitting around for ages,if a rescue has someone looking then she wouldnt be stuck there for long and it would also mean shes out of your house quicker.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2009, 08:08:59 AM »
how long have you had her? What kind of introductions have you tried?
Please spay your cat

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2009, 23:37:40 PM »
Do you have any more details on the cat, age, temperment etc a pic?
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Rosie

• Kitten
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2009, 23:32:04 PM »
I'm not thinking of the money, if I was id be asking for hundreds, I was going to put £30 donation so prevent freebie hunters but it doesn't matter now, the response I've had although some good has been shocking from a site focussing on rescues, I have the cats best interest in mind and am clearly not trying to make a profit! If I was I would have been asking hundreds for her

And she hasn't had treatment, I had her checked by vets as standard, everything that comes in here goes for a check up

With finding her a home independantly I can see where she gooes, the thought of her having to settle at a rescue then again at a new home is not pleasant thought for me, I feel it would cause her more unecessary stress

Thank you to those who have offered advice and helped rather than posting negative remarks which may deter people from trying to find homes for cats in need in the future

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2009, 23:20:29 PM »
How much are you asking for her, and would you be donating the money to cat rescue?

A rescue would find her a good home, they home check to be sure of the new adopter and to a home that would also suit her personaility  :) Piece of mind would be what your left with  ;)

Any pics of puss cat? age etc?

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2009, 23:16:15 PM »
I totally appreciate what you're saying and I imagine it is frustrating to pay out a lot and things not work out but the whole point of this site is to encourage the use of rescues and support the wonderful work they do. It's also important to encourage people to use rescues rather than the type of breeders you find on classifieds sites.
While I know money is an important part of everyone's life, in this case I can only urge you to think of the cat's welfare and sign her over to a rescue rather than sell her. Her happiness is surely more important than getting money back on treatment that she's already had?
The benefit of a rescue is that they will home check and home before the cat goes there to ensure that it is suitable. The people who work in rescue are trained to assess teh cat;s character and the potential home to ensure the right match is made. Homing directly without the help of experienced people can be very dangerous- trust me, we all hear of plenty of horror stories of cats who have been sold on classified sites! If you decide not to use a rescue, then please, please home check the home she is going to because even if someone is willing to buy her, it doesn't mean she will be going somewhere suitable- they may just be someone looking to get peds to sell on and make a profit. It may sound unlikely to you but it honestly does happen. The only way I would ever rehome one of my cats would be through a rescue where I know the people know what they are doing.
Good luck, whatever you decide but I'm afraid you are unlikely to convince the lovely people on here that selling her is in her best interests.

Offline Rosie

• Kitten
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2009, 23:06:47 PM »
How can you expect someone to pay for the food already eaten and the vets bills that have been done  :-:

ive paid out a lot for her and I want her to go to a good home and not be stressed, theres nothing wrong with her, perfectly fit and healthy cat, if you were to go and buy one of these youd be looking at paying £200-£300 from classifieds on the net, I am asking for a very small amount, less than I see bog standard mog kittens being sold for. I also see people lookign for expensive cats that 'rehome' them and then sell them for full price, ive been advised to ask for a small donation to prevent this
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 23:09:50 PM by Rosie »

Offline Rosie

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2009, 23:05:05 PM »
ahhh thanks! donation to charity would definately be fine as I have recently lost a family member through cancer
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 23:10:05 PM by Rosie »

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 23:04:31 PM »
How can you expect someone to pay for the food already eaten and the vets bills that have been done  :-:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 23:03:15 PM »
It's OK if you didn't know, Rosie. But this site tends to either get cats signed over to rescues or a donation is given to the charity of the persons choice rather than people getting payment for a cat or kitten. Hope that makes sense!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Rosie

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 22:06:13 PM »
oh i didnt know that

sorry

good luck with finding her a new home. No rescue pays for cats and this is primarily a rescue and rehoming site and not a site for private sales.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 22:04:44 PM »
good luck with finding her a new home. No rescue pays for cats and this is primarily a rescue and rehoming site and not a site for private sales.

Offline Rosie

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 22:02:42 PM »
nope i paid for her and travelled a long way to get her

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 22:01:30 PM »
can I ask how much you had to pay for her Rosie? I thought from your first post that you had taken her on as a rescue yourself
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Rosie

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 21:58:34 PM »
I was looking for a small donation as shes cost me a fair bit (when i researched them didnt realise they were so expensive!lol!) obv not looking for sale price back but just what ive paid on fuel and vets check up and food, well not even all of that if it means she gets a good home

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 21:54:43 PM »
I know someone her who may be interested, would you be willing to sign her over to covcats?

Offline Rosie

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 21:03:44 PM »
west midlands, j15 off m6

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 20:56:05 PM »
Hi Rosie, whereabouts are you?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Rosie

• Kitten
TONKINESE NEEDS NEW HOME (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 20:43:11 PM »
I have a female tonkinese cat that needs a new home, her previous owner had her since she was a kitten, she is a very sweet natured cat but my cat has been overly aggressive towards her since shes been here and wont settle. I have tried introducing them and have introduced animals before but i am at a loss with this pair. Shes a beautiful cat, the colour of baileys, with a dark grey tail and peircing blue eyes. she has been spayed and vaccinated and has always been an indoor cat with me so is litter trained. she was outdoor cat with previous owner. Need her gone ASAP as its chaos here!  :(
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:43:56 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat