Author Topic: Smudge very loving black boy needs new home (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 2692 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Smudge very loving black boy needs new home (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 09:46:06 AM »
I'm moving this thread to sorted section now but if anyone has any updates or news please can you contact me   :thanks:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Smudge very loving black boy needs new home
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 20:53:25 PM »
Ahh! I dont think you two are meant to part!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline Smudgey

• Distinguished Cat
  • This is my bridge furbabe Smudge
  • Slave to: Abby Zak and Smudge
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 20:47:40 PM »
Any news on Smudge?  :Luv: :hug:

No not yet although we have no longer got a swap it fell thru
So have no rush at the mo
Thanks for asking  :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 23:45:49 PM »
Any news on Smudge?  :Luv: :hug:

Offline Smudgey

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 17:41:25 PM »
Are you sure he is a stray? Cats are notorious for scrounging from anyone who will feed them. I nearly lost one of mine to a kind old lady down the street who had been feeding him for ages and was so disappointed when she saw me taking him in and realised he had been fibbing about being hungry and homeless :) Smudge looks to be in good condition. Perhaps you could take him to the vet and have him checked for a microchip. If not and if he is not neutered then, in my book, he is indeed a stray. You obviously want to do your best for Smudge. If you were able to have him neutered (assuming he isn't already) and healthchecked, flead and wormed he would stand the best chance of being rehomed. Leicester Cats Protection will cover 100% cost of neutering. Assuming he is not FIV+ I would put him on the waiting list at Leicester Animal Aid at Huncote and also RSPCA Woodwise ASAP. Please do not take him there if he is FIV+ as they will pts. If he does turn out to be FIV+ please e-mail me and I will try to help find him a placement with a rescue that takes FIV cats.

He is in good condition cos i have been feeding him for past 18 months but our circumstances have changed
and we may have the chance to move but unfrortunately cannot afford to take him with us
please see previous thread
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,24639.0.html

we have taken him to vet to check for chip and if you read previous thread you will see he does not want to go home
and also the neighbour now has another cat who bless him is deaf and scarily allowed out
He is neutered sorry forgot to put this he is a genuinely lovely cat
When we have allowed him access to our flat he jumps straight on my knee and cuddles up or he will lay beside me for a tummy rub

would CP leicester allow us to foster him but they pay vet bills as this is only problem

Yes I know that about Scudamore road

So i am guessing my best course of action then is to get him tested for fiv and leukaemia and take it from there

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 12:32:45 PM »
Are you sure he is a stray? Cats are notorious for scrounging from anyone who will feed them. I nearly lost one of mine to a kind old lady down the street who had been feeding him for ages and was so disappointed when she saw me taking him in and realised he had been fibbing about being hungry and homeless :) Smudge looks to be in good condition. Perhaps you could take him to the vet and have him checked for a microchip. If not and if he is not neutered then, in my book, he is indeed a stray. You obviously want to do your best for Smudge. If you were able to have him neutered (assuming he isn't already) and healthchecked, flead and wormed he would stand the best chance of being rehomed. Leicester Cats Protection will cover 100% cost of neutering. Assuming he is not FIV+ I would put him on the waiting list at Leicester Animal Aid at Huncote and also RSPCA Woodwise ASAP. Please do not take him there if he is FIV+ as they will pts. If he does turn out to be FIV+ please e-mail me and I will try to help find him a placement with a rescue that takes FIV cats.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 19:02:02 PM »
Aw what a beautiful boy he is, sending positive rehoming vibes for darling Smudge~~~~~~best of luck!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Offline Smudgey

• Distinguished Cat
Smudge very loving black boy needs new home (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 18:45:59 PM »
Can someone please help
We have had this beautiful Black boy living outside our flat
after we saw him eating out of the bins we began feeding him now we have a chance to move and we cannot take him with us
either space wise or financially
 Please can someone help me to find him somewhere warm and dry with lots of tlc
Have no idea how old he is
he doesn't ask for much a warm bed nice food and he will reward you with his hunting skills
He is a very vocal cat who loves nothing more than to snuggle up on yr lap or beside you while you stroke his tummy

Please can anyone help
we are in leicester but willing to travel to find his forever meowmy
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:45:38 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat