Author Topic: Stinky toms  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Stinky toms
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 18:25:35 PM »
Aww poor thing :(  My visitor actually has a slave, but being the irresponsible, ignorant people they are, they refuse to get him neutered (according to another neighbour of mine).  He's actually well-looked after, going by his general appearance and demeanour, so I don't think his primary motivation is food, which means I can't use it to encourage him to stay outside.  He's a lovely chap, though - tabby and white.  I just wish he didn't need to make his presence known quite so pungently!

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 22:52:22 PM »
I have one too catjane. I have started giving the stray food outside away from the door, so to prevent him coming in & spraying.
I feel so sorry for him as he has been like a drowned rat with all the rain we have had & no one to love him.

YET.... he did give all my 6 the flu which was touch & go for two of them. Not the cats fault but that of the so called owners.

Hope you can manage the same.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 20:33:50 PM »
 :sick: :sick:
toms are not easily deterred  :tired: do some investigation and see if you can find if hes owned or not. They are nomadic creatures and get hungry so dont hold a grudge,they cant help it  ;D
Ideally he needs to be done and found a rescue space

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
Stinky toms
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 20:26:24 PM »
Oh dear ... I think my cats have a visitor when I'm at work :S There's a suspicious stink, and a couple of times I've discovered tomcat spray  :sick:  Anyone got any bright ideas about how I can discourage him without shutting my cats in?  The smell doesn't seem to bother them, but it bothers me!

Link to CatChat