Author Topic: If you have a strong stomach - read what barbarians some Chinese are  (Read 14347 times)

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
Re: If you have a strong stomach - read what barbarians some Chinese are
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 19:31:04 PM »
It was a Chinese buffet near me. It was in the papers. They have had a warning. They said it was for personal use

They said the same thing about a place near me, I think its just an urban legend.

British slaughterhouses aren't anything great either, I remember a quote fro somewhere that went "If Slaughterhouses Had Glass Walls, We'd All Be Vegetarians"
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Tiggerman

• Hero Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 19:26:31 PM »
The Chinese disgust me and always have done.

I try my hardest to avoid buying anything made in China.

Disgusting barbarians.

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 21:00:25 PM »
It was a Chinese buffet near me. It was in the papers. They have had a warning. They said it was for personal use
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 20:53:37 PM »
I heard a rumour that a chinese buffet in the town where I work got closed down for having dog meat in the freezer too, although I don't know if this was just a rumour.

I remember reading about this a while ago, it makes me sick  >:( I read an article that said before the Beijing olympics, they wanted to clean up the image of the town so they spread rumours about that cats were diseased and would infect people's children. People were being driven into being so paranoid that they'd dump their pets in the street and patrol teams would come and round them up and send them to a 'death camp' and use them in restaurants  >:( There's pictures of all these kitties crammed into cages and some of them still have collars visible  :'(

The only kind of good thing about that is that there was a lady who rescued over 250 cats, people would leave their pets on her doorstep in the night to stop them from being killed and she fed them all and looked after them with her pension and donations from the public.

It just breaks your heart, I remember reading about a Chinese fur farm where they would skin the animals while they were still conscious and it would take about half an hour for them to die  :'( There was a really graphic photo and it's been burned into my brain, it's the kind of thing you can never forget. I couldn't bring myself to watch the video

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 20:18:28 PM »
Oh i could not watch.

There is a chinese in a town near me that got found with cats in their freezers. They said it was for personal use and were warned.

Makes me feel sick. I could never ever go there
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 20:10:17 PM »
I don't need to watch this...i watched a documentary that covered the same topics when i was 18 and still carry the trauma of it to this day... :(

In fact your brief description has brought it back......I've got to try and stop myself from crying my soul out like I did that night 15 years ago...... :'(

I sign every petition, support any cause I find about this...though I will say that for me graphic images on this are a deterrent......I know what is done!

Abuse of the voiceless and innocent is an abomination regardless of reasoning  >:(

I also seen that documentary that many years back, that haunted me for a long time, and I had continuous night mears for months.

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 11:11:32 AM »
Obviously I myself could never eat a cat, but I do recognise the cultural difference you mentioned, Mark. What I feel is unforgivable is for any animal to be treated inhumanely; whether it has been bred to be used for its meat or not. Livestock should most definitely get a good quality of life before the inevitable.

i absolutely agree.  it's the treatment of food animals rather than the concept of eating corpses that made me give up meat.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
 >:(
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Obviously I myself could never eat a cat, but I do recognise the cultural difference you mentioned, Mark. What I feel is unforgivable is for any animal to be treated inhumanely; whether it has been bred to be used for its meat or not. Livestock should most definitely get a good quality of life before the inevitable.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
I don't need to watch this...i watched a documentary that covered the same topics when i was 18 and still carry the trauma of it to this day...

i'm the same, i'm haunted by something i saw years ago and even now, just before i go to sleep i have to force the images away.

I'm the same. Watched a video, wish I hadn't. I can still support causes related but I will no longer look at pictures or videos.  The one I saw.. I see the images in my mind daily and often at night before bed. I watched it over a year ago.

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
I don't need to watch this...i watched a documentary that covered the same topics when i was 18 and still carry the trauma of it to this day...

i'm the same, i'm haunted by something i saw years ago and even now, just before i go to sleep i have to force the images away.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
There isn't a film but there are pictures, some which are worse than the graphic ones, such as "cat tethered to ground next to boiling urn of water. The bones may be broken before the cat is put in. Cats have been known to try to scratch their way out  of the pot for several seconds"  :'(
Also the comment that they believe that the more pain that is inflicted on an animal, the tastier the meat. Just makes them sub-human.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
I don't need to watch this...i watched a documentary that covered the same topics when i was 18 and still carry the trauma of it to this day... :(

In fact your brief description has brought it back......I've got to try and stop myself from crying my soul out like I did that night 15 years ago...... :'(

I sign every petition, support any cause I find about this...though I will say that for me graphic images on this are a deterrent......I know what is done!

Abuse of the voiceless and innocent is an abomination regardless of reasoning  >:(

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
 :'( :'( :'( never watched either! I hate cruel ways....of any nature!  :scared:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
Im afraid i couldnt watch it as i know it would have been upsetting :( plus it would have made me so  >:( i agree with you all the way, cultural or not its still cruelty in the most barbaric way :censored:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
If you have a strong stomach - read what barbarians some Chinese are
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 19:02:45 PM »
There are descriptions of torturing cats to death to make tastier meat. Breaking cats bones before throwing them in boiling water to cook and them trying to crawl out - the kind of cruelty you wouldn't believe could happen in the world. I really wis these people a horrible and painful death  >:(
http://www.messybeast.com/eat-cats.htm
Warning - upsetting pictures and text.

I HATE THEM - THEY ARE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH  >:(

There is only one good bit of reading there. Some "people" have been poisoned by eating cats that had eaten rats that had been poisoned. I hope they had a lingering death from internal bleeding  >:(

I know this isn't all Chinese people and a lot probably hate the idea. I know some argue that it is cultural and no different to us eating chickens etc but it is the brutality that makes it unforgivable.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 19:44:17 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat